What's new

NOVUS 1?

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
So my wax arrived today, since putting the yellow post sleeves on, they have attracted a dark film on the contact areas, the subway, before I cleaned it was absolutely filthy. There doesn't seem to be any real dirt build up, but I think it could do with a clean. I am planning on hoovering the play field first, then using something to clean, before applying the wax. I have some Isopropynol alcohol, is this too abrasive for the cleaning and should i just use novus? Followed a few of the american threadas, but they use products not available in the UK.

F8671700-ED0B-430D-B501-1578FAFCA784.jpeg

Even after cleaning the wax bought up some more filth

EA3AAEC3-609C-44CA-A79B-79BB43140A8B.jpeg

Really looking forward to playing after A good clean. Waiting for the wax to dry up - do you give the final clean a real light “wax off”?

Novus 1 is really just for final polish of plastics etc

Novus 2 has been the 'go to' dirt remover for DMD era games for years. It should be used with caution though on older pre clearcoat/diamondplate games - as vigorous cleaning with it can remove artwork.

Novus 3 is heavy duty and I rarely use - have mixed it with Novus 2 for pad buffing a mylared playfield a few times.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Just had a game on NF after a clean and wax (I will admit, I Mr Sheened for this first one as didn't have an order going in) - it is a completely different game, shots are easier and the speed of the thing is incredible. Nudges are affecting the ball a bit better, but that might be psychological, such a cheap thing to do but my oh my, what a difference. Chalk and cheese - and this cheese is smooth and creamy.

If you only survived on dirty pinball fields beforehand, the first time cleaning is a shock. Waxing it or otherwise coating it makes it even more of a shock.

Quite - what a difference!

Is the shock referring to what comes off of it? Was filthy.

Thanks @Sgt GrizZ for that.

Does anyone know of a locally source-able Naptha cleaner or the like to clean up the playfield of my Laserball, I think both Novus 1/2 would be a little excessive as with the foam too...

I think you're right not to try foam cleaner on an older pf, and Novus is polish not cleaner.

Naptha is supposedly liquid lighter fuel, zippo etc. The brand in the pound shop says on it Naptha.

Back
Top Bottom