What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Nov 17, 2013] South West League 2013/2014 - Meet 1 (Weston-Super-Mare)

Moonraker

Site Supporter
A message from the South West League Co-Ordinator, Neil:

The new league season is upon us, and i am pleased to announce the first meet of this season as new coordinator, this will be held at my place in Weston-super Mare on Sunday 17th November 2013.

Please PM me if you need the address (@Fishbulb)

Practice starts at 12pm and the league games kick off at 2pm

the machines available should be:
Medieval Madness
Spiderman
Shrek
Tron LE
Lord Of The Rings
Attack From Mars
The Addams Family
Star Trek, The Next Generation
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Monster Bash
Tales Of the Arabian Nights (kindly on loan from Tim Slow)
Wizard (E.M.)

I will pick 6-7 machines on the day from this line-up depending on numbers attending and serviceability.

There are a few changes to the league format this year, the full details can be found on the Yahoo Group.

To summarise;

There will be a flat fee of £3 per adult per league meet and £1 for children at ALL the South West events this year. Catering will be limited to drinks only being supplied by the host (tea, coffee & soft drinks etc.), NO FOOD or NIBBLES WILL BE PROVIDED this season, if there are any nibbles then this must be considered be a bonus. This is to keep things simple for the hosts and attendees alike this year.
There are 20 points available for the top 20 positions at each meet, instead of 15 previously

The introduction of "B finals" for the players finishing 5th, 6th & 7th positions in the S.W. league table at the end of the season
Hope to see as many of you as can make it on the day, if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the mailing list before each meet or any other queries then please get in touch

Meet #2 is planned for 19th January @ David Mainwaring's in Didcot if you want to add this date to your diaries.

Cheers,

Neil

Latest reminder from Neil:

Hi All

just a reminder that the 1st league meet of the season will held at my place in Weston-super Mare next Sunday 17th November 2013. PM me if you need the address details @Fishbulb.

Please remember Catering will be limited to drinks only being supplied at this meet (tea, coffee & soft drinks etc.), NO FOOD or NIBBLES WILL BE PROVIDED, if you wish to bring your own nibbles on the day to eat here thats fine, and there is a microwave and oven that all are welcome to use for warming anything you want bring.

Practice starts at 12pm and the league games kick off at 2pm

the machines available should be:

Medieval Madness
Spiderman
Shrek
Tron LE
Lord Of The Rings
Attack From Mars
The Addams Family
Star Trek, The Next Generation
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Monster Bash
Tales Of the Arabian Nights (kindly on loan from Tim Slow)
Wizard (E.M.)

if i can get them fixed in time and make room to play them i am also hoping to have available, but no promises:

Godzilla
Batman (data east)

i will pick 6-7 machines on the day from this line-up depending on numbers attending and serviceability.
Hope to see as many of you as can make it on the day, if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the mailing list before each meet or any other queries then please get in touch.

Cheers

Neil

Big thanks and congrats to Neil for hosting a great meet. Awesome table selection, a few teething problems as is almost always the case but we got there in the end :)

+1 on that. It was a bit on a pain travelling there so arrived later than planned but it was good to see everyone and some stonking scores! Very pleased with the result! :D

Message from Neil:

Great to see everyone today and some new players too, a good turnout of players considering the cold, dank weather as well , also well done to Peter on his win today. hopefully the details are below? Greg had a great score of 408,260,330 on Spiderman
Had a couple of machine issues during the day which did hold us up a little bit but nothing serious, except my beloved Wizard dying on us, must admit the cloud of smoke when i opened the coin door was awesome though!! and cheers to Dave for helping me fix LOTR and keeping it in the meet.
the next meet is at David Mainwaring's Place nr. Didcot next year, on Sunday 19th January, our first new host for this season, so hope to see as many of you there who can make it.

Just add we still have not managed to secure a host for the proposed meet in march so would be great to hear from anyone who can help out please

Cheers
Neil

Sorry about the formatting!

Name - Points - Place - League Points
Peter Blakemore - 157 - 1 - 20
Greg Mott - 153 - 2 - 19
Neil Fellender - 147 - 3 - 18
David Mainwaring - 139 - 4 - 17
Craig Pullen - 136 - 5 - 16
Graham Rowley - 134 - 6 - 15
Ed Duckworth - 124 - 7 - 14
Nick Hill - 123 - 8 - 13
Levi Banks - 109 - 9 - 12
Joe Tripp - 108 - 10 - 11
Philip Mann - 107 - 11 - 10
Andrew Wilson - 106 - 12 - 9
Tim Slow - 103 - 13 - 8
Jon Melleney - 101 - 14 - 7
Kevin Donovan - 96 - 15 - 6
Dan Williams - 93 - 16 - 5
Helmut Langenbruch - 84 - 17 - 4
Emma Oliver - 78 - 18 - 3
Dave Willcox - 76 - 19 - 2
Michael Ebblewhite - 73 - 20 - 1
Nigel Spragg - 71 - 21 - 0
Ashley Oliver - 69 - 22 - 0
Gavin Rowley - 61 - 23 - 0
Rich Rowen - 59 - 24 - 0
Elizabeth Mainwaring - 53 - 25 - 0
Moira Ross - 47 - 26 - 0
Jake Hughes - 43 - 27 - 0

Last edited:
A big thanks to Neil for hosting a great meet. Excellent machine collection, all played brilliantly and looked fantastic.

Well done to Peter on the win. There were lots of fantastic scores being racked up on Sunday from many people.

Back
Top Bottom