What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not the real thing but !!

Dazza73

Registered
Not the real thing but I'm half way through my 2nd Hyperpin Cabinet build. Managed to get hold of a Bally Lost World cab with no guts and decided to build another 1 of these. Iv'e put all my favourite tables on. 34 Full screen. MM, AFM, CV, CFTBL, TOTAN, FT, etc etc

Let me know your thoughts on these

IMG_1542.JPG

Just getting some decals side art sorted at the minute and thinking of making it 3 screens instead of the 2.

IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1545.JPG

Still loving my real Surf 'n' Safari though

Building one of these myself.

Have 39" hd screen for playfield
Have 27" for back box
Have a 15" or 17" for dmd (might end up with a real dmd)
Digital plunger and tilt mech

Got pc and graphics cards etc
Have legs, side rails and lockdown etc

Just need to stick it all together now

Cut the cabinet from 18mm ply

Not as good as the real thing but don't have room for a large collection (have 10 tables at moment but only room for maybe 7)

Good luck with the project, these machines turn out really great when the builder knows exactly what they're doing.

all the hard work is done with the tables , hyperpin etc just gotta concentrate on the cabinet etc

It's a great job and I'm envious of your cab but the games are just so sterile and devoid of sensation.
I don't mean to be dismissive (I play Zen pinball on my X-box despite owning real tables) but no matter how many tables it can be if your going to the trouble of having something the size of a real pinball, it might as well be a real pinball.

I think the issue is that if you don't have much space then this allows you some chance of experiencing a LOT of tables without needing masses of space.

They've come a long way in recent years and I know some are now working with various shakers and other motors to try to get some of the feedback you'd get from a real Pin. Of course it's not a total substitute for real pinball but it's better than nothing.

Quick update.

Had the back board painted by my m8 and waiting on the side decals. Gonna use perspex for the playfied glass. Now has 40 tables

IMG_1675.JPG

Can you add some player feedback. I would like one that when you press the flipper button you can feel and hear something mechanical move. Maybe not a whole flipper assembly but a soleniod maybe hitting something.

Also a real plunger to fire the ball

Yes you can. You can get a real plunger and also an accelerometer so you can nudge the table to get english on the ball.

http://www.ntekgaming.com/mot-ionkit.php

I've heard of people fitting all kind of things to the tables to simulate the effects and noises of the solenoids firing. One guy even had a knocker and shaker motor fitted which was then driven by a controller (arduino-based IIRC). Clever stuff. My ideal would be a few real pins and then one of these to simulate the tables I don't have room/money for.

I've taken the real plunger out for now as i might try this idea
or bite the bullet and purchase 1 of those from ntekgaming. And like Wiredworm says it's to simulate the tables I don't have room or money for. Pins not cheap as we all know especially the 1's I want lol

I've also got a m8 interested in buying this of me when finished which would pay for a new real Pin :D

Last edited:
Must get my finger out and sort my build. Severe lack of room to work is the main problem I think.

My plan was to put the playfield monitor vertically lower down in the cabinet (say about 5-6 inches like a playfield), what is you reasoning for the almost flush mounting ?

It does go lower down and sits on the original side rails in the cab but only an inch or so. Didn't fancy taking them out as the tv fits perfect. Also when i get the perspex to cover the tv for protection the top will be easier to mark out and hide the frame around it.

I built a V-Pin first before buying the real deal. Visual Pinball is a great way to check out tables however is takes ages in configuration and there can be quite a lot of variation in quality between tables. I have pretty much stopped using my V-Pin in favour of my proper pinball and Pinball Arcade on iPad. Good to hear the PC version will support cabs, I'd rather run that than Visual Pinball for most games tbh.

For a free product Visual Pinball isn't bad but it really does need more development as the ball physics are a little lacking and visually it's still got some way to go. Future Pinball looks much nicer but it doesn't run the original ROM code and the game logic actually has to be hand coded by the developer. This means that it's not a true emulation of the table.

That said I think the best recreations are on Future Pinball. Spiderman, Medieval Madness and a lot of the newer tables are very nicely done in FP.

Back
Top Bottom