What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not even 18 months old

Forgive my Noob eye's, but it's not that bad is it? just that wee bit round the TRON sticker thingy?

Yes mate that's quite bad, assuming its been HUO for the entire time. I've had 20 year old Williams games with less insert wear. It just makes you worry how soon the rest of the inserts will last.

Yes mate that's quite bad, assuming its been HUO for the entire time. I've had 20 year old Williams games with less insert wear. It just makes you worry how soon the rest of the inserts will last.
Yup, my thoughts exactly, maybe you should become a collector and just admire/polish it, keep it under a cover and just don't play it incase it gets worse :thumb:

My 18 year old TAFG had less wear and that had spent time in an arcade.

Anyway, like I say, a bit of mylar should fix the problem hopefully

Mine is similar but not as bad. You can definately see the outline of the insert though. I have only seen this issue in early model Trons with the newer 2d versions not appearing to have the same problem (more clearcoat?).

On the plus side I got an led kit from pinball heaven for Xmas

E1DB57BB15544AD388DDAC690D969BC613000000-1.jpg

The flashers going off in multiball are epilepsy tastic :D

In some ways, it's good for them to wear - i.e it would potentially encourage ops to get a new game. I would have thought weare would occur after quite alot of games though. However, people bitch and moan about Stern's when they choose as almost every other Stern in existence has no playfield wear!

AFM and MB to name a couple have suffered with wear even with the new playfields (both IPB and Mirco) so it obviously isn't that easy to prevent the steel ball from damaging the wood

Oh yeah, everyone loves a game that looks like **** after 2 years, Makes them want to go and buy another 3

Jeez man get a grip, these machines are built for arcades and to be played. If you want perfection try stamp or comic collecting

Forgive my Noob eye's, but it's not that bad is it? just that wee bit round the TRON sticker thingy?

Looks ok to me too. I'd be bothered if there was a step and it made the ball jump and miss a target, but otherwise ...... that thing looks better than anything in my garage.

Really, I'd have thought home owners outnumbered arcade machines these days, especially in the UK.

Who is asking for perfection? If you paid £6500 for a new motorbike would you expect the paint to be peeling off after 18months? Thought not

There's a big difference between perfection and just wanting something that is made with a modicum of effort.

Feel free to disagree, you don't have to get emotional about it ;)

Think I would be ****ed off if I purchased a BNIB pin and it showed INSERT wear after HUO within 2 years, there is no excuse in this day and age, it's not as if it's a sink hole which are historically prone to wear (seen posts of the AC/DC suffering a similar fate), how much time or cost is an extra couple of lacquer coats to keep things looking fresh? (from experience peanuts) at the end of the day having customers posting images like the one below should be avoided at all costs IMO.

Mine is similar but not as bad. You can definately see the outline of the insert though. I have only seen this issue in early model Trons with the newer 2d versions not appearing to have the same problem (more clearcoat?).

This one just looks like a manufacturing fault, so makes sense that it got fixed on later releases.

Who is asking for perfection? If you paid £6500 for a new motorbike would you expect the paint to be peeling off after 18months? Thought not

There's a big difference between perfection and just wanting something that is made with a modicum of effort.

Feel free to disagree, you don't have to get emotional about it ;)

OK perfection wrong, but you used an example of a £6500 new motorbike. No you wouldn't expect the paint to be peeling off after 18 months, but then you wouldn't go back to the garage because you got stone chips or scuff marks on it from using it

Think I would be ****ed off if I purchased a BNIB pin and it showed INSERT wear after HUO within 2 years, there is no excuse in this day and age, it's not as if it's a sink hole which are historically prone to wear (seen posts of the AC/DC suffering a similar fate), how much time or cost is an extra couple of lacquer coats to keep things looking fresh? (from experience peanuts) at the end of the day having customers posting images like the one below should be avoided at all costs IMO.

I'm not sure why HUO matters so much, if it's had 2-3000 games on it and if the balls haven't been changed regularly then "HUO" doesn't really matter. As for MORE clearcoat, does it work? I heard of a guy who had a White Water with a wedge of CC on it and he still managed to take a chunk out of the Playfield near the apron ;)

As a biker and a pinball player, I can see the gray area's in these arguments. 18 months would have put one of my bikes through a winter with crud on the road. I would be disappointed but not really surprised to find some corrosion on fastenings and simple metal covers. Wheels, tank, frame sort of parts I would hope would have been painted well enough to cope from general wear and tear, therefore I would be disappointed with wear marks on the tank from my knees in 18 months.

Transfer this to a playfield, then I expect that a much used area would show some marks but should it have worn through and done so in 18 months? I don't think it should have, however I only look at wear when I am not playing so the solution is to just keep on playing. :)

I played Tron again at SWL a few weeks ago and really took to it, great fast flowing action and looks great. I don't think some wear on the playfield would put me off too much.

That is a lot of work, complete upper playfield strip at a minimum, ideally a total pf strip for a clear coat session, it can be done with perfect results but I think the main concern here is that you should have to consider taking such action within 18 months of purchase.

Not covered by any kinda warenty I take it? ( no idea how that works with pins) it's quite poor really for the amount you pay for the new ones

Not covered by any kinda warenty I take it? ( no idea how that works with pins) it's quite poor really for the amount you pay for the new ones
Seems that they have addressed the issue on later runs, doubt you would get much joy with warranty on this issue, it would be classed as normal wear and tear although I would argue that it is premature wear due to cost cutting.

The rest of the table is fine. It's a high traffic area so ill just cut a piece of mylar out to cover the Tron decal, it doesn't really distract from what is a good game

I forgot to ask, how the hell do you get the bulbs out of the spotlights? I've tried long nose pliers and all sorts and they won't budge!

I watched a YouTube clip of a tron game in action. The ramp rails wernt lit up yet all the flyers I've seen have about 4 diff colours what's that all about?

Back
Top Bottom