What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights NBA Fastbreak at the South Coast Slam

mc505afm

Registered
The Northern Lights crew are pleased to announce that the NBA Fastbreak competition we ran at the Northern Lights Show will be running again at the South Coast Slam by kind invitation from Will.

As before the competition is sponsored by Pinball Mania with a trophy for the winner and the chance of a cash prize.

This is a unique opportunity to play one on one using two NBA Fastbreak machines linked together.

To enter visit www.ukpinball.com and follow the link from the home page to the NBA Fastbreak page or you can go straight there from this link www.ukpinball.com/NBA_comp.html.

more details of this competition are on the website.

Get in quick as places are limited to the first 30 applicants.

There are very few entries left, most went in first half hour.

Anyone who is also entering the Showdown need not worry about clashing, our comp is all about fun and we are therefore flexible, if youve got a commitment in the Showdown just tell us, however the laughing you will do in the NBA may just put you off your game...

Martin Ayub has asked for the rules to comp, so to be fair to everyone entering I am publishing them here as well as emailing him direct.

It is a great laugh and im sure youll enjoy it, as for rules...

1.. no spitting

2.. no gouging of eyes

3.. no kicking below the belt (belt must be worn around the waist and not on

the head)

4.. there's no rule 4

5.. no bribing the referees (cheques made payable to Mark Robinson and must

be posted well in advance).

I think there are some alternate rules somewhere on the net for the actual

game, think they are on IPDB but our comp usually goes by the ones above.

Mark

Down to the last 10 places now - book early to avoid disappointment

Was great fun at Blackpool, some real close matches neck and neck all the way. And because its played head to head - expect sweaty fingers, panic attacks, moments of joy and moments of tears.

Mostly moments of tears in my case.

I'm in again. This was an absolute blast at Blackpool. If, on the day, you have loads of people who would like to enter, I'd be happy to let others try the comp and pass my place on though - don't mind either way! :cool:

thanks guys,, its hard to explain to people the excitement and fun that this comp is.. on one of the games when the game had finished but the ball was in mid air then went into the basket and counted... the cheers and laughing that followed was excellant.. Guaranteed fun.

teachp8' date=' post: 1690852 said:
I'm in again. This was an absolute blast at Blackpool. If, on the day, you have loads of people who would like to enter, I'd be happy to let others try the comp and pass my place on though - don't mind either way! :cool:

Are you not going to go walk about Mark? If I recall it took us ages to find you at NLP just to say its your turn to play.

biggrin-1.png

Any chance of showing the entrants list? would like to confirm my entry has been received.

Hi Matt, once the entry is full you will recieve an email informing you of which team you are, the leagues will be published on www.ukpinball.com along with the time slots for each league. In the meantime I will ask Simon who is checking entries if he has recieved yours...

Mark

Matt Vince' date=' post: 1690908 said:
Any chance of showing the entrants list? would like to confirm my entry has been received.

Hi Matt,

doesn't look like your entry went through. Email me and I can check this out for you, use the contact address on the website.

Those who have entered the NBA should have been told which team they have by now,

If you havent please contact us, we are hoping to publish leagues next weekend,,, still a few places left in this unique and fun comp.

I haven't heard anything as yet although I only signed up Sunday night. My brother in law signed up Monday evening.

Names:

Ian Craig

Leo Galway.

Cheers

Ian

BigIan' date=' post: 1690985 said:
I haven't heard anything as yet although I only signed up Sunday night. My brother in law signed up Monday evening.

Names:

Ian Craig

Leo Galway.

Cheers

Ian

Your payment has been received so you are in

only 7 places left now

Who is in what league? is there a list somewhere? I know im Orlando Magic, So watch out for the white Shaq attack!!!!!!!!!

Ive got Sarah Jarret down as them, I will change it tonite..

Were aiming to release leagues this weekend.. watch this space..

or basketball... Just been asked to add a rule to the list..

rule 6 no shining lasers in peoples eyes.. (either by players or spectators)

I thought I would add this after a conversation I have just had with Kate Morris about her always getting beaten by Andy...

Theres a few hard leagues in there.. But you will be suprised how much of a leveler NBA is when linked, also some of the top players are not used to people cheering when they play...

Back
Top Bottom