What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Again - Northern Flip Frenzy 2022

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Alias
Ian Walmsley
windoesnot added a new event:

Northern Flip Frenzy 2022

About time we had something up north this year!

We will be running a flip frenzy competition on Saturday 13th of August. Entries will be capped at 25 people.

Full address will be sent to those taking part nearer the time but is being hosted by @JMP (near Blackpool) so expect a range of odd machines being used

The format will be 2 x 90 minute flip frenzy qualifying sessions with a break between. Top 2 players overall will qualify for the finals. 3-4 will qualify for the...

Read more about this event...

I'll update the thread with a list of those signed up so far either Saturday or Monday evening. There will be a wait list if needed, first come first served
Thanks

Curses - can't make it - clash with work summer party - it's a hard decision, but ... FREE BAR!!!

The following machines will be available to play on the day, a selection of 12 will be chosen by Ian for the comp:

Tron
Dracula
TZ
TX Sector
Alien Star
Bounty Hunter
Congo
Theatre of Magic
Robowar
Game Show
Kiss
Laser Cue
Flash Gordon
Dr Dude
Excalibur
Super Orbit
Spiderman
Sopranos

Some food and soft drinks will be provided for the mid-afternoon break.

Entries so far:

Alan Johnson
Clare Johnson
Darren Ball
David Dutton
Eddie Lehan
Garry Speight
Gene Aw
John Parkins
Paul Garner
Paul Owen
Shaun Harvey
Steven Kielty
Wayne Johns

Awaiting confirmation off a couple of others too

Last edited:
Apologies to all who have signed up but I’ve taken the decision to postpone this until later in the year due to lack of sign ups (13) so far after a couple of drop outs. Am planning to hopefully move it to late October, will add another event nearer the time for it. Looks like it was a bad date plus many are not willing to travel far due to current petrol prices.

If it's at mine then it will be later October as I'm away earlier in the month. The flip frenzy format means all players get plenty of game time and little time stood around.

So as it stands, the new date will be Saturday 29th October

I’ll put further details on next week and hopefully have it registered with the IFPA by the end of next week along with opening up the signups too.

So as it stands, the new date will be Saturday 29th October

I’ll put further details on next week and hopefully have it registered with the IFPA by the end of next week along with opening up the signups too.
@Lecari and I will be there! Providing we can find suitable nearby accomodation.

Might drag @MajesticPinball up too

Travelodge South Shore Blackpool, opposite Arcade Club (**** pins) reachable. Shard Riverside Inn probably closest but likely pricier.

Stayed at The Inglewood last year too, was really good and the biggest hotel bathroom I’ve ever seen 🤣

I was looking at staying closer, but if Blackpool is a good option and gets me fed a breakfast I might do that.

What time would you start Ian?

Back
Top Bottom