What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob hello from East Yorkshire

dangtfc

Registered
Hi everybody,

Recently completed the man cave after a long barn restoration and now I’m ready to put in my first pin. I’ve lurked on these forums as a guest for a good while, taking as much advice and info as I can.

The biggest takeaway I have so far is not to worry or stress about the first pin too much, it’s not going to be my ‘grail pin’ as someone put it, it definitely won’t be my last pin and I probably won’t own it forever!

I’m in my mid 30’s so I didn’t grow up on a diet of EM pins like my dad did, growing up in Hull in the 60s and early 70s. My best memories of pins are from our holidays in France in the 90s when lots of village bars seemed to have them. I can remember Monster Bash and Addams Family really well!

I’m pretty practical and can learn to do most jobs with a decent YouTube tutorial! Obviously my experience working on pins is zero though so I don’t really want a fixer-upper for a first one. My soldering ain’t great but my father in law is a sparky and also very handy with the iron.

Because of lockdown I haven’t had chance to get out and play many machines. We are out in rural East Yorkshire and Arcade Hub in Hull would be the best place for me to visit (I’ve seen they post on here so nice to connect!). I do my research and I think I’ve narrowed down my choices to the following 3 machines:-

Simpson’s PP
LOTR 2003
The Hobbit

I absolutely love Tolkien so they were an obvious place to start, and grew up on a diet of the Simpsons so they are themes I’m really into. I’d fancy Game of Thrones or Walking Dead too but the themes are maybe a bit adult in case younger kids want to play when they visit us.

If I’m honest I’ve got my heart set on a Hobbit pin, my budget is pretty flexible so I’m happy to get the right machine at a fair price for the seller and me. If anybody has one they are prepared to part with, or know someone who does, I’d be happy to speak to you!

This has turned into a bit of an essay so I’ll stop here! Anyway thanks for reading and look forward to getting involved in the community!

Welcome to the forum and agree that East Yorkshire is rural, as live there myself :)

LOTR, great choice and have had two of them but even better The Hobbit as have one but not for sale however you are welcome to come over and have a game or two on it when conditions/social distancing allow.

Have a few others set up as well

Hi @Steve C and thanks for the welcome!

Whereabouts in the county are you? We’re in Skeffling near Patrington, would love to pop over and see you when circumstances allow!

Cheers
Dan

Back
Top Bottom