What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice publicity on Pinside : - )

Cool. Look good. They just cold cathodes ?? If you don't mind giving away trade secrets
wink-1.png

If so what size ? I stuck a couple of blue ones under my TZ a while ago - but they don't quite seem to have the coverage of yrs.

They are quite interesting, got one from Andy recently for the back of the TZ - wasn't expecting the strip of LED's - I'm now trying to think of other things to use them for

how long a strip can you get ?

Very tempting! Need some different lighting and I'm thinking rope lights above and these underneath...

Led Zeppelin, how's that for a clue;)

Macro' date=' post: 1684064 said:
They are quite interesting, got one from Andy recently for the back of the TZ - wasn't expecting the strip of LED's - I'm now trying to think of other things to use them for

how long a strip can you get ?

Was it from me? as I don't supply them for the back or a different Andy?

yes, back of the playfield - swopped for pile of PC screws ...

Macro' date=' post: 1684112 said:
yes, back of the playfield - swopped for pile of PC screws ...

Hi Mike, did not realise it was you, when you said the back I thought you meant behind the cab
wink-1.png

I have a colour changing cathode at the back right of the pf on my TZ. It slowly fades from orange/red to green/yellow and back again. It's screwed to te little strip of wood at the top back of the pf cab - you can't see the tube or holder (which is black anyway) when playing, but the slow colour change is very effective and surprisingly subtle. Designed for a car, it's just running off the 12v supply. I've got a pink/blue version that is going onto my BoP when I get round to it.

I have a UV on mine, lost my old supplier who used to sort me out, (he was damn unreliable so glad it fell apart in a way, I hate unreliable people, either do it or don’t, none of that middle ground malarkey) I do have some pink.........errrr, mmm, shhhhhh if you want something different, just keep it on the QT
wink-1.png

Hi Ive, cheers for the heads up, to be fair I think most of the comments do not relate to me as my list of TZ mods is pretty limited now and have been stationary for some time, there are a lot of other people supplying tacky tz mods (that cannon and mannequin spring to mind) etc and the one they mention "hideous yellow plastic square over the metal ramp to the power?? vomit" at the end of the day you can't please everyone and I think there is a bit of bandwagon jumping on the there, seen that on many a pinball group.

The spiral diverter does not interfere with visibility as it has almost the same footprint as the diverter assembly (it was designed that way as to just cover the front edges, it does not extend to the back of the assembly which is still visible to keep the size to a minimum, they have obviously not played a game with it installed so are jumping to conclusions without having 1st hand experience), I personally think the mod is a brilliant little idea, hides that lump of metal and highlights the route. If it is any consolation this mod has gone out like a hot potato, 6 sold within 24 hours of listing which is a new record for me (just relisted) so I think it’s fair to say that there are already more people who appreciate it than don't which will do me fine, I have supplied these in the past also so they are out there. It is not a money spinner mod just a service, I have to make it, do the instructions, package and post and then the ebay-paypal fees (free postage £2 to the US) which as you can see makes this mod more mither to supply than the revenue it generates but it is a new idea and a valid one and if one person appreciates it and feels it makes their game look better then it was worth sharing with the world which is exactly why I do what I do.

p.s this mod is just a prelude to what's coming, it will be spinning by the end of next week, let's see if they are still moaning then
wink-1.png

Just replied to the original poster (well you know me guys, can't keep my mouth shut)

"I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on their machine"

Response:

"People obviously do, you have not seen everything trust me on that, I appreciate that mods are a personal thing and not to everyone’s taste but let me make a few points here, this has a similar footprint as the assembly so does not interfere with visibility and highlights the spiral path, (duplicates what's on the playfield underneath), there are a lot of people modding out there and contributing to this hobby, why don't you supply something better if you are not happy with what's out there instead of throwing stones at people who are passionate about it.

Peace and love : - )"

Dreads' date=' post: 1684650 said:
Response:

"People obviously do, you have not seen everything trust me on that, I appreciate that mods are a personal thing and not to everyone’s taste but let me make a few points here, this has a similar footprint as the assembly so does not interfere with visibility and highlights the spiral path, (duplicates what's on the playfield underneath), there are a lot of people modding out there and contributing to this hobby, why don't you supply something better if you are not happy with what's out there instead of throwing stones at people who are passionate about it.

Peace and love : - )"

Good on you. Its so easy for people to start throwing abuse around. If you don't like it ....blimey just ignore it ....its not like child slavery here ....its *just* a pinball machine.

And yeah ....I'm aware the phrase 'its *just* a pinball machine' is verging on blasphemy for us lot.
biggrin-1.png
But allow me it this once.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1684665 said:
Good on you. Its so easy for people to start throwing abuse around. If you don't like it ....blimey just ignore it ....its not like child slavery here ....its *just* a pinball machine.

And yeah ....I'm aware the phrase 'its *just* a pinball machine' is verging on blasphemy for us lot.
biggrin-1.png

Tin of spinach heading your way.

biggrin-1.png

totally aggree with this.

all the mods i have seen from andy are removeable so whats the issue?

now if the mod involved cutting away at playfields etc then thats another story but i just can't see what the issue is?

Good response Dreads, nice work fighting your corner. Like you say,the fact you've sold em quick shows people like them and everyones tastes are different. The spinning version will be very cool :cool:

Life of Brian "it's a sign" OK went back to my workshop after this mornings banter to do some more work (love work) listening to Planet Rock like I always do, except when a viral advert comes on at which point I switch to Jazz quick, will sometimes do the same with viral songs or anything Ozzy Osbourne, can't stand his voice and only like Sabbath with Dio, "I love Ronnie RIP" anyway back to the story, Black Sabbath comes on, I would usually shift but was deep in concentration so blocked out Ozzy's voice, at the end of the track the DJ goes, "that was Black Sabbath, Fairy's wear boots on that old Vertigo record label, I can still see that spinning spiral right nowâ€, I laughed came on here and wrote this, ain't life just grand
wink-1.png

wayne g' date=' post: 1684675 said:
have you had any ideas for scared stiff mods yet Andy?
smile-1.png

Hi Wayne, not had time to get on to it TBH, but I do have plenty of ideas which I will share when I get a minute (I have a red cab light mod good to go which flashes in sync with them red globes on the PF, it looks super cool in that scene before the multiball starts, just need to get the pics and vid up on ebay etc), them slot machines, borgs and hats are chewing the **** out of my life, want to get that spinning spiral up next, it will be mounted on the other side above the other spiral, I did a prototype over a year ago but never got round to placing it into production, but chocks away ginger, coming soon to a cinema near you
wink-1.png

biggrin-1.png

"hideous yellow plastic square over the metal ramp to the power?? vomit

Just realised that them haters are referring to the base of my pyramid which is out of shot, just the hideous plastic square portion of it, vomit.........dear me, I think these guys are the 3 brothers from Wrong Turn:D

Just found this pic of the Vertigo record label that the DJ mentioned after the spiral banter this morning, how cool is that
smile-1.png

[attachment=220:thumbnail.jpg]

Back
Top Bottom