What's new

Found it! Nice Flight 2000 (F2K)

Snux

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Sunnucks
Looking to fill the gap between LOTR and F14. I resurrected a Flight 2000 from the dead some years ago, but the playfield and cab were completely trashed so I moved it on. Now I'm thinking that I'd like to get another.

Anyone got a F2K in nice condition that they might consider selling? I don't mind fixing some electronic or mechanical issues, but the playfield needs to be in good condition as I'm no restoration artist!

LMK!

cheers
Mark

I was very tempted by a very nice F2K on ebay a few weeks ago, I spoke to the owner who gave me its history. CPR playfield, backglass, plastics, most of the boards were new, others recons. Cabinet just average. Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the asking price however much had been spent on it. He said he would take £1100, too much for me. Can pass on his number if you want it.

Here's a link to the original listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stern-Pin...h3nHcN1IAeQcu8CsjsFA0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I can give some information about this exact one! I picked up something pinball ages ago from him, and saw - in fact has a game on it!!!

It was really good condition - Virtually everything has been replaced, barring the cab - couldnt see a single flaw. Boards replaced, new PF, new BG... really nice machine....

Like I said I was very tempted, the guy said he'd spent about 2.5k on it which you can believe if you start adding it all up. He knew it would never sell for anywhere near what he'd spent on it.

Wow, that is a nice one. I've dropped him a note via Ebay to see if he still has it (it got listed again and ended early) and if so how much he wants. In the meantime if someone has one that is less than a 4 figure price I'd like to hear :)

I know I want a nice one, and this is a beauty, but I keep thinking what else I could get for that much. I made an offer, let's see.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm going on a 360 mile round trip up to Birmingham and back tomorrow, got the one on Ebay for £1100. The owner is in the difficult place where he'd likely get more for the parts than selling it whole, as was mentioned above it's new CPR playfield, plastics, backglass, nearly all new boards, new LED displays, powder coated legs and coin door.

Will post some more pictures after I unload it on Sunday morning. Then I've got to try and persuade myself that I don't want to try and reprogram it :)

Thanks for the tip-off about it folks :)

If you do re-programme it, perhaps you could add a knocker, since it doesn't have one, just a jangling sound (if the Cpu can find the time to produce it). All 19 solenoid drive circuits are used, and the knocker must've been dropped in favour of keeping the coin lock-out. Later Stern games don't have a lockout, even if there are spare solenoid drives.

If I do, it'll be a while as I've got enough work on my plate with my F14. I'm also watching @myPinballs to see how his Arduino based option moves along......

Looks like I'm going on a 360 mile round trip up to Birmingham and back tomorrow, got the one on Ebay for £1100. The owner is in the difficult place where he'd likely get more for the parts than selling it whole, as was mentioned above it's new CPR playfield, plastics, backglass, nearly all new boards, new LED displays, powder coated legs and coin door.

Will post some more pictures after I unload it on Sunday morning. Then I've got to try and persuade myself that I don't want to try and reprogram it :)

Thanks for the tip-off about it folks :)

I'm glad you have gone for it, the chance of you getting another nice condition one is very slim. This particular one seems to represent excellent value considering all the new parts that have been used

Back
Top Bottom