What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NGG - 50p for 2 credits!!

rowansalger1973

Registered
I found a NGG today at a lovely old roadside cafe in Red Lodge, Suffolk. Fully working with no tilt whatsoever. It was 50p for 2 credits, which is staggeringly cheap. I must've played 30 minutes for 50p, which is great value. Can anyone beat 50p for 2 credits at a on-location machine?

image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg

There used to be a NBA Fastbreak in there before. I was surprised that it never got bought up by someone, but I think all the games belong to a local operator and not the cafe owner anyway.

It's a handy place to stop if you are heading to Norfolk on the A11. This is a traditional Trucker's greasy spoon stop stuck in a 1960's time warp with red checked tablecloths and big breakfast fry-ups. The place changed ownership recently, so I'm surprised to see a pin still there. I believe the room is an old railway carriage converted into a extra seating area. The cafe is on the old A11 road now bypassed by the duel carriageway.

image.jpg

It had a Cherry Automatics sticker on it. It was a bit baffling as it was fully working so someone must be giving it some love but the price was so cheap and lacking any tilt it seemed strange. Any operator would know 25p a game with no tilt was not the norm.

Looks in great condition as well.
So good to see one in the wild.

50p for 2 games was the norm in the early nineties. Personally I think any game less than a pound a go is a bargain!

Have also seen pins on 1 euro for 2 credits in France this year, which is also a very good price!

Myself and Eddie Lehan used to regularly play all night on games in pubs in Leeds for very little money. We would just beat the high score then tilt the remaining balls, get three credits then rinse and repeat.
We once did this on a Monday Night Football. We put 30p for one credit and then left the game at closing time with the maximum 30 credits still on it.
Ah, they were the days when nearly every pub had a pinball in it. :(

If the batteries fail and Factory settings restored is displayed, by re-booting machine it will usually give 30p -1 credit, 50p - 2 credits and £1 - 4 credits.
If the operator is unaware and doesn't do bookeeping or even put coins through it then he'll never know. Just cash tray emptying.

Amazing find! Is there a sort of 'Spotted in the Wild' thread on the forums here anywhere?

I was amazed to see an AC/DC and Austin Powers upstairs in a nightclub in Scarborough at the weekend!!

I use and update pinformer in South Wales.
If you're visiting Heighway Pinball and fancy good food and games, checkout the Roadhouse cafe in Merthyr Tydfil. (Details on pinformer)
Photos attached.20151008_145937.jpg20151008_145937.jpg 20151008_145636.jpg

Attachments

• 20151008_145628.jpg
    20151008_145628.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 6
Pinformer (and the Pin Map on Pinside) is how the OP discovered the NGG in the first place.

I had stumbled on a NBA Fastbreak at the Red Lodge Cafe a while back, and as always I put it on Pinformer for everyone to know.

If you do find a pin in the wild, check Pinformer afterwards. Update it or put in a new entry if you can, so that these games can be enjoyed and the operators are rewarded through the coinbox. :)

Just remembered to put my FGUY in Coventry on Pinformer. 3 games for a quid BTW!! although I have put the replay boost rather high (bad me)

Back
Top Bottom