What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rob

Registered
Hi everyone, I am Rob from Northampton and have been playing pinball since 1969 (ouch!). I have owned a number of E/M's in the past but now becoming interested in the electronic machines. I had a great time at Daventry a couple of weeks ago and hope to attend the Northern Lights later this year. Thinking about getting a Taxi, Earthshaker or similar as I like the look of those games.

Welcome to the madness Rob :)

Any chance you could please update your profile with your location (Northampton, UK will be enough)??? Just so that when somethings up for sale etc then people have a rough clue as to where you are...

I have made it obligatory since the software update I installed yesterday, however looks like you just beat the system :)

Cheers (And nice to see someone else in Northampton :))
Paul

Yes welcome aboard mate. I'm a taxi fan boy. Infact anything system 11. Earthshaker is awesome too.

Yep you can't go wrong with system 11 titles, they are all classics.

Nice to see another person who is semi-local! If you're ever around Kettering you're welcome to pop by mine for a game or two :)

I thought that the shallower side armour (not surrounding the flipper buttons) was a WPC thing, but it must've been introduced on this game.

EDIT - In fact it's a WPC thing for Williams games, but not Bally ones.

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome, Rob!

A player since, '69, eh? Several years before I was even a twinkle in my Daddy's eye ;) So what were some of the EMs you used to have, and have you still got any pins? I was at Daventry too this year, and had a reverse experience: I spent most of my time playing EMs! That beautiful AQUARIUS with the cut-out side panels and COMBAT was another favourite. I also put in a lot of play on my favourite 70s/80s solid-state era games (Flash Gordon x 3, Playboy, Black Hole, Haunted House, Hot Wheels, Centaur) but only managed a single game on one modern pin: THE FLINSTONES!

. Oops I answered the phone halfway through my post in another thread and it ended up here sorry

Welcome Rob

Hello and Welcome, Rob!

A player since, '69, eh? Several years before I was even a twinkle in my Daddy's eye ;) So what were some of the EMs you used to have, and have you still got any pins? I was at Daventry too this year, and had a reverse experience: I spent most of my time playing EMs! That beautiful AQUARIUS with the cut-out side panels and COMBAT was another favourite. I also put in a lot of play on my favourite 70s/80s solid-state era games (Flash Gordon x 3, Playboy, Black Hole, Haunted House, Hot Wheels, Centaur) but only managed a single game on one modern pin: THE FLINSTONES!
Hi Nedreud,
I used to work as a vending machine service engineer in London. I came into contact with pinball operators and would sometimes buy their unwanted machines, I particularly liked Gottlieb and over the years collected many classics from the 60's & 70's. I would buy for about £30 and later sell on for.....£40! I have only owned one electronic pin High speed, great machine but mine was troublesome. I think the best machines for me are the 80's Williams, more to them than the electromechanicals but not to much to learn like the 90's models.
Regards,
Rob

Good to see someone else who loves the 80s pins!

Give me segments over dots any day (with the exception of few early DMD games).

Back
Top Bottom