What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie query re purchasing & transport

Bod

Registered
Alias
Dave Boddis
What is the best (and safest) way of purchasing a table, when you physically can' t go and view it, due to distance.
i.e. if for sale on Gumtree, do you pay seller (a risk?) then arrange pickup? - or simply a no-no?
It seems a risk whichever way I think about it, more so as you're relying on sellers honesty.
The forum (I know) is a lot safer and better option, especially if able to view if close enough. Just seems nothing for sale in Leeds/Manchester area :( (looking for Williams '90's C£2,000!!)

The only occasion I would distance buy would be if it was from someone on this forum who had a proven record of describing condition properly. In other words I would definitely not distance buy a pinball table from Gumtree or Ebay. In fact, personally, whilst I do buy stuff from both those sites, it just wouldn’t be a punball table.

CB

As above.

It would be safer to buy from here from a known seller with a reputation.

Buying on eBay with PayPal ought to be safeish if you are paying for delivery (although it would cost a lot more than just hiring a van) as you can just file a dispute if it turns out to be not as described. I don't imagine many sellers in eBay will offer postage though (at least not through eBay so that it's all tracked)

Buying on Gumtree is pot luck really. If you can't collect you'd be transferring money sight unseen, so you might not end up getting the pin at all.

There is such a wide variance in quality and condition of pins, and a wide interpretation of what sellers describe as "mint". Unless you're prepared to take a punt you will always be better off seeing it in person.

I regularly sell games on here and am based nr Bradford so pretty local just keep your eye out on the for sale posts or if you pm me a budget and an idea of what you want I can keep you in mind
ChrisB is your man. Failing that Martin the delivery man will deliver for £85? Just keep your eye out, set an email alert on the For Sale thread and be quick on the trigger as most don't hang around too long if they are priced correctly.

Thank you for advice. I did suspect as such re distance buying.
Will "unwatch" those I've been looking at on EBay. Also will look at email alerts.

I regularly sell games on here and am based nr Bradford so pretty local just keep your eye out on the for sale posts or if you pm me a budget and an idea of what you want I can keep you in mind
Thanks. Have pm'd

Hi @chris b just a quick Thank You for the game I picked up from you last Sunday (GI). It plays and looks great. Thank you.

Indeed! I picked first one up with my friend (BIG MISTAKE - back still hurting ?) and Martin hopefully the 2nd one.

Back
Top Bottom