What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie in the midlands

Andy Hancock

Site Supporter
Hi All
I'm just someone who used to play years ago and now have the room for my own machine. So haven't played seriously for 20 years. My budget would run to £1750 I guess. any suggestions for something that would suit someone like me (and my 12 year old) but will still last a few years when I get my eye back in!!!

Welcome to the madness Andy.

Be careful - the addiction will get you... ;)

Welcome to the forum Andy. You won't go far wrong buying from one of the members on here so keep an eye on the for sale section.

Welcome buddy. £1750 would buy you some fantastic titles, or possibly two less popular ones.

Depends what's available, but within your reach are CFTBL and WH2O and BSD, to name but a few great games. The latter may be a bit dark though. If it needs to be 12yo friendly then what about a WCS or Flintstones, they're both usually 1000-1200 these days I think.

Point is, with a good wad like that, your options are plentiful

Last edited:
...FT, HS2, RS, JP, LW3, DW, the list goes on and on of decent machines in that price range.

Check out a show or local league meet/ pinheads collection for more inspiration :) - It's the 8BitFlip in Northwich this weekend for starters, with NERG a couple of months down the line if thats too short notice.

Welcome to the addiction.

Welcome to the hobby Andy - I coordinate the UK Pinball League for the Midlands region, it would be great to see you at a meet. The next one is on 26th April in Leicester if you can make it. Drop me a PM with your email address and i'll add you to the mailing list, that way you will have the info when it becomes available. Website is here www.ukpinballleague.co.uk and feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I was lucky enough to find I live near a certain Mark Squires who I'm sure many of you will know and who kindly let me have a go on his tables and then sold me a very nice Ripley's. Got it home today and I'm a very happy man !

Back
Top Bottom