What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New To Pinball

Auntyflossie

Registered
Alias
Auntyflossie
Hi Folks. I am new to Pinball and would like some advice. I am thinking that I would like to buy a machine but am not sure which type to buy. I think an EM machine would suit me best So It would be good to possibly see or try as many as possible. I live in Coventry and was wondering if there are any Members nearby who would be happy to show me their Machines? I would like to get some idea of the problems and defects that might be experienced when buying. A guide to prices would also be appreciated.. Thanks.

as a newbie member, i would be surprised if many people will be happy to show your around there collections... i might be wrong... but with every due respect, you could be anyone....

i found that when i bought machines , on collection, whoever is selling is very happy to show me their collections at that point.

If your are after a EM machine... i would suggest just buying one and seeing how you get on... if you don't like it, they are not hard to sell

Well I have been lucky so far. Jim King up in Long Eaton has been kind enough to show me his machines and now I have a pinball friend.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs: My only EM is currently living at a friends place so I don't have anything you could look at unfortunately (I'm in Nottingham). The main thing with EM's is that as long as you buy one that's not missing any parts then even if it's not working, you can fix it :)

You'll generally find a lot of EM's around the £250 to £350 mark and then they go up from there for the rarer and more desirable stuff. As an example, my Bally Fireball cost me £900 and with the work done to it is now worth over £1K but that is at the top end of the EM market.

My advice in terms of getting into EM's would be just to pick up something cheap to get used to fixing/tinkering and then go from there. I started out with a Zaccaria Aerobatics which is an awesome game and cost me £250 :thumbs:

Join the midlands pinball league. About 25 to 30 fölk show up to each event so you will be able to broaden your network. It is a friendly format, 8 recorded scores on 8 machines with a range of abilities. At the second meeting of the year there were a few ems - fireball, nautilus, circus

Terry is hosting later this year, he has some nice ems too

Back
Top Bottom