What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pinball find in Cleethorpes

Wiredworm

Registered
It was my stag night at the weekend. I drank rather a lot but I can still remember coming across a pinball in one of the bars.

Alas I can't update Pinformer at the moment as the site appears to be down, but for anyone interested (@darren_ross and @Davey D) it's a Pirates of the Caribean and it's in The Fiddler in Cleethorpes Market Place.

Condition wise it seemed to be ok, although the left flipper is sticking pretty badly which makes playing it extra challenging. I'd had a beer or two so other than that my memory is a bit hazy.

Great find!
Definitely will be getting myself there.
Should of popped into the matrix for a go on Getaway ;)
Sounds like you had a good night anyway:clap:

Congratulations (i'm assuming you're getting married imminently).

I have not been to Cleethorpes in a long time... do they still have the pool on the seafront with the wave machine? They had a decent arcade in there in the 80's.

Yeah, the wedding is in just under 2 weeks now. :)

Alas pinball is pretty much dead in the arcades. The last couple vanished a year or two ago but they were in shocking state anyway. There's still a leisure center near the seafront with a wave machine; just recently been renovated actually so it's pretty nice.

Yeah, the wedding is in just under 2 weeks now. :)

Alas pinball is pretty much dead in the arcades. The last couple vanished a year or two ago but they were in shocking state anyway. There's still a leisure center near the seafront with a wave machine; just recently been renovated actually so it's pretty nice.
I haven't seen any pins in arcades in years! At least since my daughter has been born so that's 5. Didn't really go into the arcades much before then but i do remember some lined up near the fantasy world entrance. Couldn't tell you what they were though?

Have you been in KingPin lately? there is a StarWars battle pod in there! its good fun, but you feel a bit dizzy and disorientated when you jump out after a few games

If you ever go to the camping parks in France, there is invariably a pinball machine in the leisure area. They are usually pretty beaten up but over the years I have come across MM, Arabian Nights, TZ, and probably the worst condition Creech in existence to name but a few

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any pins in arcades in years! At least since my daughter has been born so that's 5. Didn't really go into the arcades much before then but i do remember some lined up near the fantasy world entrance. Couldn't tell you what they were though?
Up until the end of the 2014 season there were no less than three Pins in Cleethorpes.

Taylor Made Amusements (which is the arcade inside Fantasy World) had an Elvis and a Grand Prix. I'd never seen the Grand Prix working but the Elvis was switched on but in terrible condition - the left flipper was so weak it was almost impossible to make the ramp. I asked them about possibly selling it on but there was no interest there and shortly after it disappeared entirely. Sad really.

The other one was up the road at Lady Luck Amusements. They had a Bram Stokers Dracula which was also in terrible condition. The rubbers on the slingshots were threaded up wrong and were actually behind the kicker arm instead of in front of it. That arcade shut down a year or two ago so no idea what became of that particular machine.

Have you been in KingPin lately? there is a StarWars battle pod in there! its good fun, but you feel a bit dizzy and disorientated when you jump out after a few games
Yeah, funnily enough i've been in there a couple of times in recent week.s. Had a go on it and found it really good fun. It's nice to see them doing something a bit different with the license. :)

Hadn't been in fantasy world since i was a child and wasn't even aware it had an arcade. It's opening up again soon. I wonder if they will have some pins in again?

Been into fiddler tonight. That left flipper is as annoying as hell. Mentioned it to the bar staff and they said they would contact the company that service it... which happens to be in Leicester. It's only been in there for 3 weeks. It already needs a good clean and has a few problems.
Offered my assistance but they don't even have a key themselves.

They have a tournament going on at present where you can win half of the takings. They said the last person that won it won £700. I said it's only been in 3 weeks and it made £1400!! They tell me that it made it at its last location. Wherever that was? Not local to us though.

Still overall it was fun. Scored about 45m with a crap flipper that stays up. o_O

You guys been into Matrix bar to play T2 yet?
Scores at pretty low right now. Extra ball score settings are low to give people a decent game. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to get the high score ;)

Popped into Fiddler yesterday for lunch and some pinball.
The potc wasn't very well it seems

Attachments

• VID-20160612-WA0004.mp4
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
I hope you #1 score haha.
The thing with poorly maintained pinballs is that if it runs like crap they none will want to play it again.. the business makes no money out of it, so then decides to ditch the machine. You can see how things like that can lead to their demise

It's been pretty knackered since it's been in there. No service on it at all. Does put you off going back in. Never seen anybody else on it to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom