What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member - Jam

Dotteddown

Site Supporter
Alias
Jam
Morning,
I stumbled across this forum and joined right away. I do not own any pinball just yet but collect 80s fruit machines.
I was looking at the Bally space invader just sold on eBay as it’s my favourite pinball from the arcade in caister we used to go to every year.The sounds and artwork used to scare me to death as a young boy 🤣
I was wry tempted to bid as I have a little knowledge on mpu so could of been an easy fix ! Also seen some comments on here about the table possibly being overlaid which I could believe as it looked new !
Do these come up for sale often I’d love to get one that’s been reconditioned?
See you around 👍🏻
Regards Jam

Welcome!

They do pop up from time to time, have your cash ready when they do though as these days machines get snapped up pretty quickly if they're priced fairly and in decent condition. I wouldn't say it's the best machine out there in that era, but still 1 pinball is better than no pinballs at all.

@AlanJ often refurbs machines similar to Space Invaders. Deal with confidence.

Also @Matrixnetuk is another 80's fruit collector. I'm more into the 90's fruit machines £4.80-10jp era - love a good JPM, if you can find me a Big50 or BigBucks (impact/vogue) then I'm all ears!

Welcome!

They do pop up from time to time, have your cash ready when they do though as these days machines get snapped up pretty quickly if they're priced fairly and in decent condition. I wouldn't say it's the best machine out there in that era, but still 1 pinball is better than no pinballs at all.

Also @Matrixnetuk is another 80's fruit collector. I'm more into the 90's fruit machines £4.80-10jp era - love a good JPM, if you can find me a Big50 or BigBucks (impact/vogue) then I'm all ears!
Welcome!

Hi,
Same as the fruities they do crop up time to time but unfortunately at hiked prices these days. But they are certainly out there. Both nice pieces 👌🏻
Which other pins from that era are good players please ?
I saw the guns and roes one for sale here although not same year it’s an absolutely beautiful work of art. Stunning

Space Invaders is a poor game IMHO. Much better early 80's games - it's just finding them - although Ive sold Pinbot, Centaur, meteor and cosmic gunfight recently - all better than Space Invaders, IMHO. Might be parting with my Lightning soon - not sure yet - will be offered on here first if I do decide to let it go.

Hi,
Same as the fruities they do crop up time to time but unfortunately at hiked prices these days. But they are certainly out there. Both nice pieces 👌🏻
Which other pins from that era are good players please ?
I saw the guns and roes one for sale here although not same year it’s an absolutely beautiful work of art. Stunning
First off welcome to the forum - if you have a specific style of machine you’re interested in (EM, Alpha-Numeric, DMD or LCD id say are the broad categories) and if you know what your budget is you can donate £10 to the site and get access to posting wanted ads which can be as broad as the above - you often get some interesting offers! GnR is a great pin - lights and sound are top notch.

First off welcome to the forum - if you have a specific style of machine you’re interested in (EM, Alpha-Numeric, DMD or LCD id say are the broad categories) and if you know what your budget is you can donate £10 to the site and get access to posting wanted ads which can be as broad as the above - you often get some interesting offers! GnR is a great pin - lights and sound are top notch.
Space Invaders is a poor game IMHO. Much better early 80's games - it's just finding them - although Ive sold Pinbot, Centaur, meteor and cosmic gunfight recently - all better than Space Invaders, IMHO. Might be parting with my Lightning soon - not sure yet - will be offered on here first if I do decide to let it go.
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the reply I’m ah yes pinbot ! I do vaguely remember this one.
Pm sent to you Alan

Hi Spiderpin,
Thanks for the reply the pins I would be interested would be anything within 1980-1985 ish !
Not the real old school ones with the clocks as score but the alpha type.
I’ve donated ten pounds to the forum which I’m happy to do it seems a great set up.Runs smooth and seems very well organised/moderated

Last edited:
Hi Steve,
Yes I saw this I’ve sent a pm to Alan, thank you.
Seems the right era and sensibly priced for a first pin 😀

Hi Spiderpin,
Thanks for the reply the pins I would be interested would be anything within 1980-1985 ish !
Not the real old school ones with the clocks as score but the alpha type.
I’ve donated ten pounds to the forum which I’m happy to do it seems a great set up.Rins smooth and seems very well organised/moderated
Good choice! Depending on budget it might be worth having a look at games like F-14, Pin-bot, High Speed, BKLE, Jungle Lord, BK if you fancy a Williams. I see you might be going for Elektra - great game!

I remember the f-14 ! Lovely game that was/is.
Yea I do like the look of the Elektra ticks all the boxes !

Back
Top Bottom