What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - Glasgow/Ayrshire

marcoos_1

Registered
Alias
Mark McC
Hi All, I found my way here whilst doing some research. I am looking for a first machine for a games room that the family can enjoy. I have always fancied a pinball machine having played them as a kid, so now is the right time.

The experience you guys have on here is incredible....I feel less nervous about buying something now that I know help is out there!

Just need to decide on budget and what sort of machine to go for......so much choice. Are there any members around the Glasgow/Ayrshire area where I could maybe get a look at some?

Mark.

Welcome.

There are a few members in that area.

Warning: they breed...
1 will become 2.
2 becomes 4.
Etc.

Don’t say you weren’t warned :thumbs:

Hi All, I found my way here whilst doing some research. I am looking for a first machine for a games room that the family can enjoy. I have always fancied a pinball machine having played them as a kid, so now is the right time.

The experience you guys have on here is incredible....I feel less nervous about buying something now that I know help is out there!

Just need to decide on budget and what sort of machine to go for......so much choice. Are there any members around the Glasgow/Ayrshire area where I could maybe get a look at some?

Mark.
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @marcoos_1 , you are in a great area with lots of pinhead around the Glasgow area with great collections of pins.
I'm sure they will join in the conversation and give you details of where you can check out somewhere for your pinball fix.

Hi Mark,
I am in East Kilbride and you are more than welcome to drop by anytime to play some pinball. I don`t have a machine for sale right now but may have in the coming months.
I have been through around 300 machines over the last 20 odd years and i`m still trying to work out my favourites ! Anyway give me a shout if you fancy a game or two !
Cheers.
John.

Welcome Mark,

Your in the right place for all things pinball.

Do you know about the Scottish Pinball League? Our next meet is Sunday up in Dundee if your intrested. We have 4 meets a year normally in Cumbernauld and Glasgow area but we also travel up to Dundee for a meet.

Each meet we have around 20+ members get together and play around 6 or more different pins for the day.

We also host the pins at Play Expo Glasgow in June where you'll get to play 30+ different pins.

Welcome

Chris

Thanks indeed for the warm welcome guys. Good news that there is some local content up here! Dundee would be a great chance to meet some of you and see some machines in action.....I could also drive you all crazy with my newbie questions no dounbt! Unfortunately this weekend coming I'm tied up or I would have taken you up on that kind invite. I lik the sound of the Play Expo...never been to that.

John - goodness.....300 machines and still counting....that must almost be a medical condition :thumbs: I'm only about 20mins from East Kilbride (I'm in Stewarton) and the wifes family lives there so I know it pretty well. It would be great to pick your brains at some point for some advice on a first machine......

If you prefer you can call me on 07773 760555 whenever you get time to drop by Mark. Or a message is just fine too !
Cheers,
John.

Cheers John, that is very good of you. I will definitely be in touch. I've spotted a couple of machines already (a Simpsons @ £1350 and a Dirty Harry @£1850) but they are not anywhere close where I could go and see them. I don't have the knowledge or confidence to buy remotely....and I've got no idea if these are good prices or not! The only thing I saw locally is a chap selling a Corvette in Dalry, but it's £3k so a bit over what I want to spend on a first machine ,unless I really know the history or the seller is recommended by someone who knows what they are talking about!

Wait for John to sell something it'll be worth the wait!

That one in Dalry has been up for ages.

Spend your time getting to know what you'd like. Go play John's machines join the league and go to some shows.

Most of all have some fun playing pinball!

Hi Mark,

i did have a nice Corvette up for sale for a while recently and struggled to eventually get £1880 for it. I regret selling it now but had decided to buy a new Deadpool and had to sell my Corvette ,Shadow and Lethal Weapon 3 all in cracking working order to fund it. No way was it worth selling those machines to buy Deadpool but it`s gone now and i have moved on. Point is you don`t need to spend a fortune to have fun with pinball . The other Corvette at £2995 i have personally done some repair work to and it does not come close to the one i just sold.
Cheers,
John.

If you can't wait (and I can totally understand) to buy a machine buy from a trusted seller on here.
Like others have said, play pinball at where you've been invited to, play the Scotish league and get to some shows. Find out what kind of machines float your boat, there are so many different ones out there, then make your mind up an what you want to buy.
Main thing have fun.

Pity the chap in Paisley has pulled his machines from HMV but can’t say I blame him with the Administration issues in the media. Shame as you could have went to Glasgow store to play on their pins. I’d say don’t jump in as you need to get the right theme for you, go have a play then consider your purchase....

Thanks for the good advice guys - I will take heed. I am keen to get something (if I'm honest!), but at the same time I don't want to buy a dog, so I will wait out. As you say, I would far rather buy something from a forum member. The one good thing I have noticed is that it seems like a fairly buoyant market with you guys on here. My reckoning is, if I buy a decent machine on here, then there is always the chance to move it on if I fancy something else later. I'm hoping I can pick something up at some point that doesn't cost the earth.

Thanks for the good advice guys - I will take heed. I am keen to get something (if I'm honest!), but at the same time I don't want to buy a dog, so I will wait out. As you say, I would far rather buy something from a forum member. The one good thing I have noticed is that it seems like a fairly buoyant market with you guys on here. My reckoning is, if I buy a decent machine on here, then there is always the chance to move it on if I fancy something else later. I'm hoping I can pick something up at some point that doesn't cost the earth.
Your right if you buy here then you'll be able to move it on should you want to in the future, also if you get it here you'll know that your paying the right money for it.

Sometimes you'll see a for sale signs on a few pins at the shows, you can spend time on it and then take it away with you (at the end of the last day).

The other side of not rushing in and buying now is that it'll give you more time to save more money for a newer machine if that's what you want.

Pity the chap in Paisley has pulled his machines from HMV but can’t say I blame him with the Administration issues in the media. Shame as you could have went to Glasgow store to play on their pins. I’d say don’t jump in as you need to get the right theme for you, go have a play then consider your purchase....
Yea I noticed that last time I was in town, shame. Super Bario which is just off argyle street always has a couple pins last time I was in it was the Simpsons and Baywatch. Think they get some loaners from paisley pinball as they seem to rotate often. There's also a Lord of the rings in geekaboo and usually something in solid rock.

Back
Top Bottom