What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member from Cornwall šŸ¤™šŸ¾

Hi from Cornwall

Iā€™m looking for my first pin, šŸ™Œ interesting forum, hoping to grab a bargain and restore it

Cheers Jay
Hi Jay welcome from Plymouth.Careful what you buy itā€™s easy to sink a lot of money into something when you could have just bought a decent machine to start with.

Hi Jay welcome from Plymouth.Careful what you buy itā€™s easy to sink a lot of money into something when you could have just bought a decent machine to start with.
Yeah no I understand I have been, doing a little researchā€¦Iā€™m more hoping that recession plus living costs will produce so bargains at some point. Somewhere probably far away from Cornwall šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚

Welcome 32-boy, all depends on your definition of ā€˜bargainā€™ šŸ˜‚
To be honest Iā€™m aware of the prices, Iā€™d rather not pay premium and wait for something. I scout eBay/ numerous auction rooms/ Facebook numerous times per day and got alerts set up across them all. I have a van and cash ready šŸ˜Ž also Iā€™m aware of pretty much every scammer technique going as I buy and sell Harleyā€™s so over the years dealing with buying and selling Iā€™ve been through the scammer textbook šŸ˜…

Last edited:
To be honest Iā€™m aware of the prices, Iā€™d rather not pay premium and wait for something. I scout eBay/ numerous auction rooms/ Facebook numerous times per day and got alerts set up across them all. I have a van and cash ready šŸ˜Ž also Iā€™m aware of pretty much every scammer technique going as I buy and sell Harleyā€™s so over the years dealing with buying and selling Iā€™ve been through the scammer textbook šŸ˜…
If you are only just coming on here you are very late in the game , In my experience (20 years +) I am still waiting for the infamous bubble of pinflation to burst ! But ?!? it works out pretty steady overall you get what you pay for it back usually

If you are only just coming on here you are very late in the game , In my experience (20 years +) I am still waiting for the infamous bubble of pinflation to burst ! But ?!? it works out pretty steady overall you get what you pay for it back usually
Yeah no Iā€™m not hoping for give aways, just keeping an eye on the market hopefully something locally somewhere someday šŸ˜Ž

What sort of game are you after?

or what age of machine etc?
Electro mechanical (em)
solid state (Ss)
dmd era pins (dmd)
or modern machine with (~30ā€ lcd backglass screen)

best working out the style/game or a rough budget (donā€™t need to make this public)
put an ad for a machine or era etc you are interested in, a good few on here will offer a machine, they might need a poke though to release it šŸ¤£

good luck i your search and welcome to the forum

What sort of game are you after?

or what age of machine etc?
Electro mechanical (em)
solid state (Ss)
dmd era pins (dmd)
or modern machine with (~30ā€ lcd backglass screen)

best working out the style/game or a rough budget (donā€™t need to make this public)
put an ad for a machine or era etc you are interested in, a good few on here will offer a machine, they might need a poke though to release it šŸ¤£

good luck i your search and welcome to the forum
Defiantly DMD

I havenā€™t really got that far to be honest Iā€™ve been reading reviews etc etc on loads of games and what I want, Iā€™m aware of the maintenance involved on 30 year old machines. Love the look of the wide body stuff, Iā€™m aware that it never ends on just one pin šŸ˜…

Thanks šŸ™

Donā€™t get too caught up in other peoples opinions of a game, if itā€™s a theme that interests you then see if there is one near you you can get a game or two on. Places like tilt , pinball republic, the pinball office or Medway pinball club will cover most popular games between them. Get a few games in to see if you like it. Alternatively just buy a game of someone thatā€™s selling at the going rate, play it for a few week, if you donā€™t like it sell it on and buy another.. simples

Do people still describe it as 'the London'? Decades ago the veteran warship HMS Belfast had just been moored in London when we visited. My mother asked a man with a stall on the next bridge upriver 'Can you tell us how to get to the Belfast?'. We didn't know he was from Strabane, and would give us directions to Northern Ireland..

You might get lucky living in Cornwall. Itā€™s a bit more off the beaten route for collectors. Just before the pandemic a friend found a DE Star Wars in a garage sale for Ā£250. Canā€™t remember if it was near Bodmin or Padstow. No idea if it worked or not

The timing and location killed it for me and he didnā€™t want the hassle of buying it in the hope Martin could collect within the next 6 months and ship it to me.

Good luck in your search.

Defiantly DMD

I havenā€™t really got that far to be honest Iā€™ve been reading reviews etc etc on loads of games and what I want, Iā€™m aware of the maintenance involved on 30 year old machines. Love the look of the wide body stuff, Iā€™m aware that it never ends on just one pin šŸ˜…

Thanks šŸ™
You could head over to me and have a few games if you fancy ,I have mostly newer stuff though.

Back
Top Bottom