What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new location in West London?

cooldan

i like pizza
can this be real, does anyone know about this new 'Chief' coffee shop opening in March 2015 in Chiswick with 6 pins in?

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/chief-london-uk

is the owner on here? does anyone know him? the guy that posted it only joined Pinside 2 days ago, and the place is named the same as his name on the site, so.... and i'm a little bit dubious because of the games named, but i hope it's for real, partly because i can get there in 20 minutes from my house.

anyone?

Why would he lie? Only reason I can think of is that it might be to sell games that then don't exist. Seems a bit unlikely though, so fingers crossed someone just wants to get their games out there and generate some cash.

Be interested to see if it pans out

I met Sam and I've no reason to suspect that he's not genuine. I know who he got the CC from (and some of these other games too I believe) and you'll be able to read all about it on Pavlov Pinball very soon I hope...

Spoke to Sam too, has some great machines, mentioned he was up to something in the west, butwouldnt tell.

yeah:clap:

From a business POV though I suspect that he would be better off sticking them on £1 a play rather than 50p. Probably would still take the same revenue but with half the wear on the playfield etc.

I'm assuming the pins will be a secondary draw to the coffee, kind of his USP.

Anyway you cut it it's good news. Good luck to him.

I'm not sure about the 50p vs £1 thing, I think it might be a good plan but would like to hear from some operators about that - 50p might get more plays but probably not twice as many?

"Mum, Dad, can I have a go on that?"
"It's only 50p"
"OK then"

Or

"Daddy can we go now?"
"Soon son, soon. Daddy hasn't played the other two machines yet"

How exciting. Paul and Ian can you pm me Sam's contact details if you know them please?

50p was the price though in the early 90s. I don't begrudge ops charging twice as much 20+ years later as machines are more than twice as expensive to buy. I'd rather stick £1 in a nice shiny well maintained game than 50p in a beat up POS.

I guess it would also depend on how much a cup of coffee etc is. Everything is relevant. So saying phone games are near enough free so that's what ops are now competing against.

I suspect the pins would be more of an "add on" to draw people in rather than to make money in their own right. If it's his own personal collection then the money's already spent so anything coming in would now help to offset the other overheads.

Chiswick is too far for me to bother making a regular trip to but if anyone fancies a get together one Saturday after it opens then let me know. I don't really know the area, is there anything around there that acts as a draw for tourists etc?

Hope the bloke will come on here and let us all know a bit more about his plans.

How exciting. Paul and Ian can you pm me Sam's contact details if you know them please?

Dan, I thought I had Sam's details, can't find them at the moment, may find at work. Sam was at Greg's New Year bash, think his 1st comp, and pipped me by 1 place :)

I have one game on location at a local sports bar set to £1 per game. 5 balls and 25% replay. I split the takings 50/50 with the bar owner (my sister & brother-in-law). Repair costs mean 50p per game isn't practical unless you aren't sharing the takings and you can do your own repairs. I also have a 2006 Big Buck Hunter shooting game that's 50p as it has much lower
maintenance costs. Its the running costs that drive up the price.

Does anyone know the address and date it'll open? I have a friend in Chiswick I can ask to stake it out if he knows were to look.

Last edited:
Met the owner last month. Think it's due to open in the very near future. Martin A might have more details as I think he was asked to write a review

Back
Top Bottom