What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Regarding the display I’m sure I read on JJP Facebook as it’s been pointed out a number of times by other owners. JJP’s response was they felt the newer monitors have a longer shelf life. Whether that’s true or not?

you can see the difference above with the LCD.

The one thing that is disappointing with the LE is the sound quality out of the speakers, if I compare to Iron Maiden LE the sound is muted. I'm going to see if I can get the CE speaker bar and install and see what speaker upgrades are available.
Sound in the latter JJP's is fecking awful, not sure why, its either down to the way the speakers fire now i.e. up and bounce off wood to the player, the sound card (maybe this has changed), the sub they use, or a combination of all the above.
My Pirates and Wonka had ****e sound no bass to them at all, so I added a dedicated sub-woofer amp and upgraded sub this made a massive improvement, is a joke you have 'upgrade the sound system on a £10k+ machine!

Sub Amp;

Sub Woofer; - I can not find my exact one but this looks good;

Oh and then you need electrical tape done both sides of the glass to stop the rattle!
Actually planning to do the sound system upgrade to Dialed In and Hobbit next.

Find it hard to believe sound can be improved on TH. bloody awesome and secretly still my fav JJP. Reminds me of RPG’s of old. Grinding thru the mini battles to reach the amazing wizard modes. It really feels like your in middle-earth.. Never be another pin like it!

Glad there is one positive on TH LOL [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What’s the worst thing about this pin in your opinion?

For me it’s the shrinking scoop that JJP have installed.
It’s a very clever piece of kit. They only activate it when you have a big jackpot or applause jackpot built up. Not sure if it’s a linear shrinkage they are using or if it’s just random.

Just left 28 million and 21 million applause jackpots on the table, due to this damn device.
Please give me a regular scoop back 🤣🤣🤣

Joking aside, it’s frigging awesome!!!

have to say this game is super addictive. I think the shrinking scoop shrinks more under beer. Easily the best JJP game. Best light show ever and great integration.

Finished a couple of songs - utterly brilliant. although I think some of the multiballs can be a little bit too much with 6 balls and its hard to be accurate but I'm hooked. Still the rough build quality so quite a few tweaks.

First two things to do when you get this game, install Titans and up the flipper power by 2/3 points on both sides. Huge difference.

Vehicles go to a dealer for a pre-delivery inspection.
I have seen motorbikes come out of crates and they are not packed to work out of a box, and bits come loose too. My BMW motorbike has a common fault with a loose fuel pipe that may or may not catch your leg on fire with escaping petrol.

Thanks @Neil McRae I had seen the bulletin prior to getting my game, so checked prior to playing.
mine was also loose and one of my flipper coil stops was also about to fall off. But checked everything prior to playing.
I had previous with my TH BA, so wasn’t getting caught this time.

Hi there
Yes I am going to check it now.
I love the game
Very addictive and a lot of fun.
I keep having an issue with the vinyl spinning disk.
Looks to me like it’s too low and the ball gets stuck there sometimes.
Anyone else got this issue?
Also do you all have the new code and is it ok? I’ve left mine 1.06 code for now.

@IOXLEY I'm on 1.16 and it's fine. 1.17 is out, but issues being able to update, waiting til JJP sort this out.
Old code allows the diverter coil to get very hot, so I would update when you can.
Re: spinning record too low. You can remove the white plastic hand nut adjust the record to the correct height and then tightened the white hand nut back up to secure it in place.

Back
Top Bottom