What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

The good news is, if you're one of the Yanks that got one early your game is going to hold its value ridiculously well for a NIB. For me to pay near on 8 grand for the Standard I'd want Slash to serenade Martin with a bespoke guitar riff as he wheeled it into my house.

Led Zeppelin LE is considerably more expensive than GnRLE £500 in fact!
And please don’t compare the CE to a stern LE Neil as they are leagues apart inc many extras like topper, signatures extra lighting ect ect.
Sterns CE is around 16k and gives you a piece of couch or a light that puts a bat shadow on the ceiling. Not really like for like.
I will agree to disagree with quality issues as your opinionated Stern Army views are a pointless fight for me to try and win so I won’t even go there.
BTW I’m not part of the JJP army as they don’t have one I just know what I like and 2 of the most reliable pins I’ve owned have been JJP and my hobbit has never missed a beat.
Just sayin.
My DI CE is a sight to behold, a couple of minor issues that since I tweaked have been 100%. Makes my Stern LE’s look very ordinary.
GnR CE will be amazing no doubt, it’s just that type of music I don’t get on with.

JJP already more expensive than Stern LE, now significantly more. If this was the price when I ordered it I wouldn't have ordered it. They have said they are sold out on the standard game so the base game price for GNR is now $10500

quality? I honestly don't understand how anyone thinks this. Read the DI, Pirates and GNR threads on pinside and tell me that its any different to the AvengersIQ, Elvira and Turtles threads in terms of issues and fixes.

with the price increase I think its more to do with the fact that sales in Europe have fallen of a cliff and the price of inbound components to the US is up, PC gear in particular is up. JJP must be bleeding cash right now.
Do you think the BOM is near 10500?
I reckon component cost is 3.5k
Strange how they have sold out already on Standards, wonder if they just don’t want to make them now...

Last edited:
Wait they've jacked up the standard edition as well by a grand? Do I get the posh lights now as well? JJP I've heard your pitch, it's not an investment for me I'm out etc. That's a bloody shame, I was seriously considering that as my next NIB.
no they've said its "sold out" meaning they want you to spend your lolly on the more pricey one.

Led Zeppelin LE is considerably more expensive than GnRLE £500 in fact!
And please don’t compare the CE to a stern LE Neil as they are leagues apart inc many extras like topper, signatures extra lighting ect ect.
Sterns CE is around 16k and gives you a piece of couch or a light that puts a bat shadow on the ceiling. Not really like for like.
I will agree to disagree with quality issues as your opinionated Stern Army views are a pointless fight for me to try and win so I won’t even go there.
BTW I’m not part of the JJP army as they don’t have one I just know what I like and 2 of the most reliable pins I’ve owned have been JJP and my hobbit has never missed a beat.
Just sayin.

Apologies I'm wrong on the pricing and you are right on the UK price I just quickly looked at the prices in the US and forgot about the electrocoin tax!

I'm not comparing an CE or SLE from Stern, I wouldn't buy either of them and from a gameplay POV there is little difference.

I'm asking you to ignore my opinion and read the threads on pinside and tell me in your view if its true they are more reliable and higher quality because a blind man could see with a cane that they have just as many issues, I'm also not saying Stern are trouble free. I'm saying that they are more or less the same.

Cheers,
Neil.

I'm definitely going to try a JJP next. It just won't be a GnR anymore. JJP are blatantly price gouging. Maybe I'll give Dialed In or Wonka a go.

Strange how they have sold out already on Standards, wonder if they just don’t want to make them now...
I’d love to know they real BOM on pins from all manufacturers?
Kaneda reckons it’s around $3500 on LE territory whether that’s true or not I definitely think Stern have the biggest profit margin regardless.
The latest cuts I can see from them are no spare slings/Guides and taking out the speaker lights. Stopping the modding community may be so they can sell their own speaker lights only time will tell.
Materials may have risen $500 at the max so get they are covering themselves but that doesn’t change the fact pins in general are vastly inflated toys and it only because mugs like me keep buying NIB

no they've said its "sold out" meaning they want you to spend your lolly on the more pricey one.

Yes it's gone from unlimited production numbers on the Standard and a fair entry price to sold out and an extra grand on top even if you could get one. Absolute deal breaker. What's almost certainly happened is the unprecedented demand and hype has meant they're getting greedy. Maybe it will backfire long term. Maybe pinball people are just happy to eat sh1t and they'll make more. Who knows. I imagine Toy Story will require a second mortgage if it ever gets made. When little Spooky started selling games in relatively decent numbers (for them) didn't they start giving out free toppers?

When little Spooky started selling games in relatively decent numbers (for them) didn't they start giving out free toppers?

That’s what I call a pinball company and karma will repay them ten fold. Good on them I say.

I think the reason they are saying the SE is sold out is because they are doing the complete run of CEs and then putting the LEs back on the line. They still have unfulfilled day 1 orders of LEs, so who knows how many they have on back order since October.
SEs will be back at some point, but how many they will sell with $1K on top is anyone’s guess.

SE's probably not selling so well because location pinball is in the toilet.

Yeah its like code on a CD. its worth £3.50

Anyone else think JJP will use the price hike lolly to fire up another production line - to clear the backlog of GnRs?
😂

Maybe just staff the existing line! I haven't seen a factory pic with more than 2 staff!

Unless they have to be out of shot for a reason?
Good point really.....I guess JJP may have added the extra pin dollars to cater for increase in staffing on the line.
New and existing workers doing overtime, packing, logistics etc..... to meet the demand.
That would make more sense without eating into profits.
Perhaps they got caught out slightly with such a great title.
Unit production capacity per week may start to increase post hike, if it doesn’t then we will know.

I have ordered an extra Art Of Pinball bullet shooter rod from Little Shop of Games.

It made sense as shipping for 1 was $62 and shipping for 2 was $66!

So I have an extra one for sale of a group member wants in.. split the fees etc.

I can see that doing terminal damage to vital parts of your body :D

So I hear 23rd for GNR to his these shores will be doing my usual unboxing video but trying to do it 3D for those with Oculus

Back
Top Bottom