What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Removing and replacing the glass is the same as on every other game, Neil. I have no problems with this on Wonka - you slide the glass out, and then you slide it all the way back in - if you're struggling with this then make sure you are sliding it in parallel to the sides/not at an angle. Needless to say, if you don't slide it all the way back in, then the lockbar won't sit down completely or lock - it's not rocket science, given your avatar I hoped you'd figure that out! ;) (as a side, big Nasa fan myself, very jealous of some of the pics I've seen in the background of your streams)

The replacement transformer was actually just as noisy, hence I have put it down to being either my subjective opinion (it was my first pin, so I don't know what it should sound like), or perhaps something with my line voltage, or maybe even related to temperature? The noise comes and goes and it's certainly not a deal breaker - I don't even notice it now, and definitely not when playing. Hence, I consider it flawless from day 1.

I since bought a GB (prem) second hand. That transformer/PSU is MUCH quieter I will grant you; but then after 5 minutes run time the fan comes on for a minute and that is significantly louder than anything Wonka ever did or does. Thereafter, every 5 minutes you get the fan again. Very noticeable even during gameplay

I only own/have owned those two machines, so I admit I don't have much of an experience base, but the difference in build quality is miles apart in my opinion, at least with these two examples:

- Wonka is built like a tank, I feel like I could throw bricks at it and they wouldn't leave a mark. Bar replacement flipper rubbers and balls, I am just short of 1500 games in and never had to do any repairs or maintenance beyond cleaning occasionally.

- GB in comparison is like something made of balsa wood; I've played approx. 300 games, had to replace node board 9 once, and have had to outright disable the shaker motor for fear it's going to shake the machine apart - I can almost hear EVERY nut and bolt rattling along with the back glass, even on its lowest setting.

I love and have no problems playing Wonka, but I always hesitate before playing GB because I don't know what damage it will end up doing/I will have to repair, which is a shame because it's a great game and a great theme.

Removing and replacing the glass is the same as on every other game, Neil. I have no problems with this on Wonka - you slide the glass out, and then you slide it all the way back in - if you're struggling with this then make sure you are sliding it in parallel to the sides/not at an angle. Needless to say, if you don't slide it all the way back in, then the lockbar won't sit down completely or lock - it's not rocket science, given your avatar I hoped you'd figure that out! ;) (as a side, big Nasa fan myself, very jealous of some of the pics I've seen in the background of your streams)

The replacement transformer was actually just as noisy, hence I have put it down to being either my subjective opinion (it was my first pin, so I don't know what it should sound like), or perhaps something with my line voltage, or maybe even related to temperature? The noise comes and goes and it's certainly not a deal breaker - I don't even notice it now, and definitely not when playing. Hence, I consider it flawless from day 1.

I since bought a GB (prem) second hand. That transformer/PSU is MUCH quieter I will grant you; but then after 5 minutes run time the fan comes on for a minute and that is significantly louder than anything Wonka ever did or does. Thereafter, every 5 minutes you get the fan again. Very noticeable even during gameplay

I only own/have owned those two machines, so I admit I don't have much of an experience base, but the difference in build quality is miles apart in my opinion, at least with these two examples:

- Wonka is built like a tank, I feel like I could throw bricks at it and they wouldn't leave a mark. Bar replacement flipper rubbers and balls, I am just short of 1500 games in and never had to do any repairs or maintenance beyond cleaning occasionally.

- GB in comparison is like something made of balsa wood; I've played approx. 300 games, had to replace node board 9 once, and have had to outright disable the shaker motor for fear it's going to shake the machine apart - I can almost hear EVERY nut and bolt rattling along with the back glass, even on its lowest setting.

I love and have no problems playing Wonka, but I always hesitate before playing GB because I don't know what damage it will end up doing/I will have to repair, which is a shame because it's a great game and a great theme.

Was Ghostbusters an especially shoddy era for Stern? I always thought mine felt like it was made of balsa wood. And I had a board go. The other two super modern Stern's I've had have felt more robust maybe. This could be in my head.

Was Ghostbusters an especially shoddy era for Stern? I always thought mine felt like it was made of balsa wood. And I had a board go. The other two super modern Stern's I've had have felt more robust maybe. This could be in my head.

Maybe Ghostbusters just had some Gremlins.

My GB although an LE was flawless and build wise no different than any other Stern I’ve had.
I did think my SW pro felt lacking but that’s probably down to the game lacking toys & features I guess

I have those rubber feet things - pin butts?? on the leg levellers.
So.... when I nudge the SAM Pins, I find it tougher to move than a Spike pin which is much easier.
AC/DC Luci doesn’t like being nudged for some reason - weighs a ton.

GB was Spike 1 - this system seems to have quite a few failures reported, my Kiss so far ok 😅

Yeah I've tried to erase GB from my memory as much as possible just remember thinking it felt extremely lightweight. Then again I was coming from a Creech which felt like a grand piano comparatively as New Forrest Keith will attest after helping me push it up a flight of stairs 😂

I thought GBLE was robust. There was the cabinet splitting issues around that time in production..
However as for rest of the game, Mine is fine and I think one of the last LE with innovation
Batman Rotissierie with mechanical ball lock, has that been done before? You could argue about the ramps but as a game and code combo, would say that is pretty innovative?

It did have the magnet slings in case you were looking for another way to throw the ball down the grand canyon flipper gap

I agree. BM66 was.

GBLE was/is(in my opinion) “one” of the best LE’s
Great art, good amount of toys, the magma slings.. I like them- should have been used in games like Starwars and Stranger things..

Poor fellas, I'd be really angry. I hope they're looked after properly.

Would you not see the head damage more before you lifted the head up. Sorry if I missed something as I only watched bits of the stream.

Maybe, maybe not. In this case they obviously didn’t. Important thing is that the damage is there not at what point they found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peeps on Pinside saying he should have checked the Tip + Tell, had the courier wait until he unboxed etc.....
US handling and consumer protection is a complete joke.
Just glad the guy had unboxing on video so will hopefully get sorted.
The Tip+ Tell don’t mean sh^t when u see this, JJP ship pins on their side to some overseas destinations in some containers to fully load them.

Don’t stack 😅

B8216B8E-F7DB-422B-8127-E5BD20D90E64.jpeg7E710215-CFC5-44CA-883E-67FBB9463AB4.jpeg

Last edited:
Same thing happened to @newdos's Dialed In when the first batch arrived, it was actually worse than this one. Of course Phil sorted a replacement out, I hope this guy's supplier is equally helpful.

Must be so disappointing to have to go through this, and can't believe it is still happening after the DI issues.

Back
Top Bottom