What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

It could be a lot worse after some of the pics ive just been sent via PM taken during unboxing Sterns but I dont want to turn this thread into a **** throwing fest lets all be positive and hope these problems well and truely ironed out. :thumbs:
I certainly wouldn’t feel like it was **** throwing, simply sharing of info and a heads up, I’ve got a few guys stateside who have pm’d me some measurements for the Thor plastic for a mod and they’ve had no issues other than the subway welds being an issue and one ball guide that could need attention, id be interested in seeing these for my own benefit having an LE in bound.

^^^ Said he’s working on something else but hasn't disclosed yet but would imagine it will be, I’ll be getting one for sure 👍

Buffalo pinball on pinside re pf issues

"We're going to be talking about this issue tonight on "Bro, Do You Even Talk Pinball?" podcast, 8pm EDT, twitch.tv/buffalopinball

This has been a long time coming. I was set to talk about it in February when I had an issue with my Deadpool, but waited to see what Stern would do, and also so that they wouldn't retaliate against me for discussing it on our platform. I have 10 years of NIB issues to detail. Seeing this problem continue is incredibly frustrating and my goal is to elevate it to help protect new buyers and maybe, just maybe get them to actually solve the issue, rather than continuing as business as usual.

Expect a healthy dose of cursing."

1603531632160.png

What's going on with the rubbers? Looks like it's been on location for a year! Looks like playfield wear at the base of the arrow. Is this pic 100% genuine?

That game has seen some use hasn’t it 😱even the ball trail is pretty impressive for just a couple of weeks.

Why do companies use these slim posts for slings? Use the tapered ones and put a clear @Colywobbles plastic washer on the bottom (you may get swamped for work now Col - sure JJP will read this). JJP sent those very posts with a metal washer out for the (Pirates) fix.

As for the scoop - shouldnt the protector go all the way around? It looks like it has been vandalised. That is truly awful.

Nice to see a response here to a post I made on Pinside from a JJP member.
But what I think is a bit worrying about the response....
Is it normal to sell prototype product to general public in any other manufacturing industry? How many other prototypes are kicking around I wonder.....
95F9A7F6-F9CE-4CE9-A865-072E642F0201.jpeg

Is it normal to sell prototype product to general public in any other manufacturing industry? How many other prototypes are kicking around I wonder.....
View attachment 123011
JJP shipped a load of GnRs to various people, weeks/months before the reveal, that’s how the streams popped up almost immediately after reveal games where already in hand.

The real question is did those people know they where getting a prototype game in order to get one early prior to public reveal?

JJP shipped a load of GnRs to various people, weeks/months before the reveal, that’s how the streams popped up almost immediately after reveal games where already in hand.

The real question is did those people know they where getting a prototype game in order to get one early prior to public reveal?
Exactly, if it was communicated to those who received one, fair enough.
But do you reckon the prototype having the non Spectrum playfield would have been flagged to those guys who paid?
I think no... however, probably embroiled within the prototype sales T&Cs so you’ve sh^t it!

Last edited:
View attachment 123011

Helicon have a relationship either with JJP or with the local PA JJP dealer, they had _three_ Wonka's last year when we went there with Pinburgh just after it launched so it could be that they got a proto although I wouldn't have expected them to then be posting these pictures.

its a ****show and JJP as usual say nothing and we all have to assume the worse.

Helicon have a relationship either with JJP or with the local PA JJP dealer, they had _three_ Wonka's last year when we went there with Pinburgh just after it launched so it could be that they got a proto although I wouldn't have expected them to then be posting these pictures.

its a ****show and JJP as usual say nothing and we all have to assume the worse.
I also cannot believe it they released ‘Prototype Machines’ out in the wild. Can you imagine a car manufacturer releasing a prototype car in public!

I think the Prototype explanation is bull!

Its becoming a PR disaster for them.
You have to look at the following possible scenarios:
JJP either knew
1. The early proto machines potentially could develop playfield issues (older Micro playfields), got them out the door anyway - if so this could be construed as a form of internal industrial espionage!
2. The early machines released already have the Micro 'Spectrum' tested playfields and they are now caught unaware....... so JJP + Micro now concocting a cover story to buy time, - expect washers!

Back
Top Bottom