What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Was there a JJP in there, I can’t remember. Ohh yeah the Wonka, I really didn’t get into that one. Just felt wrong for some reason.
The lighting was good though😂
I sold my STTNG and when I dropped it off he had a DI CE, I was gobsmacked at how good it looked. I later px’d my IJ for it and no regrets. Good deal.
People have moaned about quality issues but no complaints from me yet.
If you get a chance get into the backbox and under the playfield.

Well I'm hoping that I'll get my hands on one in the near future.

As for Wonka. . . . . I had two very short games so it's incredibly hard to judge given my particular set of pinball skills 😁

I cant see this being any different to any other pin that is released whether it be JJP, Sppoky or Stern. They always, always come onto the 2nd user market no matter how much we are told "this is a keeper" or "I for one would never sell mine" I too am guilty of this but when someone offered me 6k for my 22yr TZ which was a keeper and never sell it soon became an ex-keeper and I did sell!

I think a lot of GnR's will make it over here due to the not in this lifetime assets that I doubt anyone could top, this and the way they have implemented the rules with the stunning lighting it truly is a concert experience a monika even stern are now using on there LZ but I wont go there.

Theres no truer saying than "All Comes To He Who Waits" so if you hang in there @huggers one will come up but important question is Can You Wait?

Also bear in mid I have just ignored all I have said above and bought both GnR and R&M so who am I to give advice :rofl:

This is the problem Col, can I wait?! I'm terrible for getting involved in launch hype. Not just with pins either. Game looks awesome and the rollercoaster of 25% tariffs or no tarrifs was actually convenient for me as I didn't have to make a decision. I'll wait. I think?!

new code coming out on Monday. Since the original release the code has developed significantly the patches is a great idea but needs the chin button to work it especially in multiball. You saw a great player like Karl pull it off but most of us bozo's have got no chance, light shows look great and the flow of the shots looks good.

new code coming out on Monday. Since the original release the code has developed significantly the patches is a great idea but needs the chin button to work it especially in multiball. You saw a great player like Karl pull it off but most of us bozo's have got no chance, light shows look great and the flow of the shots looks good.
I looked for tht stream Neil but couldn't find it do you have linkie please

thx Col

I think he pulls to GnR VOD off of Twitch straight away, due to DMCA issues.
He posted the last one on You Tube, but the new one isn’t there yet.
Hoping he puts it up, as only caught 10 minutes or so last night.

Because of Slash being involved....
JJP will feel obligated to keep GnR a highly polished product.
I think it will be fed with code polish for years to come.
I was a bit silly thinking they’d run out of LEs.
I highly doubt there will be another rock pin with so many assets.
I’ll sell this one only when I get out of pinball altogether, then the rest will go with it.

^^^Lol....... I’m a bit strange like that matey, I get bored.
I can wake up one day and go Fcuk it.......
Did it with loads of hobbies........
All or nothing me 😂

^^^Lol....... I’m a bit strange like that matey, I get bored.
I can wake up one day and go Fcuk it.......
Did it with loads of hobbies........
All or nothing me 😂
This is crazy talk and I’ll have no truck with it.

We all know C19 sucks + we all know we have to tow the line. I had to comment on this FB JJP post. See reply from JJP and my response. There are also some posts from forum members you may recognise.
JJP def breaking the Illinois state directive.
Manufacturing clearly states wear suitable face masks - non surgical type and WHERE POSSIBLE 6 feet social distance. That doesn’t mean a group huddle around GnR.
Directive has been same since C19-2019 issue, they then said it was an old photo 😂
Not trying to be a twat, but, maybe....
24C833DD-2D54-4D93-AC24-906320F82995.pngA10DBB7E-214D-4876-B971-0E5567EB9239.pngB66D0E1F-792A-4E78-A3CD-A2CF37A92ABE.png7816A9B5-8AB8-4543-97FC-0B92689AAB68.png48FE6205-B7D0-4A09-AA96-C66DCCF098F1.png

Last edited:
So apparently the flipper rubbers are shocking on GnR.
What’s everyone thinking of swapping the stock rubbers for?

That Antony bloke reckons illinois has been under distancing directive before it was officially even detected... 🤔

I guess at least he didn’t post it where everyone would read it 🤣

I think @James should be able to sort you out with some flipper rubbers
No matey the directive was part of the 2019 ruling mandate

^^^ yep, think it’s been updated since start of the year - amended.
The reason I jumped on it was because JJP said they were def adhering to the state guidance to someone.
Fair enough but we know if they were one the factory production line, it can be difficult to always maintain the 2 metre distance.
This was clearly a posing shot around the pin.
I think it was a bad call to post it on social media given the death toll.
+ they deleted my playfield issue FB comments 😂

Last edited:
We all know C19 sucks + we all know we have to tow the line. I had to comment on this FB JJP post. See reply from JJP and my response. There are also some posts from forum members you may recognise.
JJP def breaking the Illinois state directive.
Manufacturing clearly states wear suitable face masks - non surgical type and WHERE POSSIBLE 6 feet social distance. That doesn’t mean a group huddle around GnR.
Directive has been same since C19-2019 issue, they then said it was an old photo 😂
Not trying to be a twat, but, maybe....

Not trying to be a twat but somehow succeeding. Imagine what it's like when you're not not trying to be a twat!: :D

Decent little game from Karl

Firstly the more I see of this game the more I like it. It just looks like a no expense spared fun packed music extravaganza.

As for the chap playing . . . . he's clearly very skilled and it's incredibly coordinated to trap 3/4 balls on flippers. However it does sort of reduce the most fun and frenetic part of pinball (multiball) into a bit of a snoozefest. He's basically qualified for multiball and used it as a single ball game with minimal risk.

Strategically and skillfully very impressive but the game slows down and those wonderful sounds and lights are not being activated as multiple projectiles hit all those toys.

Back
Top Bottom