What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Not sure what I am looking at but this is why Phil says you dont want the 1st batch if you can help it. My R&M is one of the later ones so fingers crossed when its eventually here they tweeked a little and GnR will hopefully not be here this year as I have no room and prefer the new batch workers they took in when landing in Chicago some time to get QC right.
As a matter of interest is it the post cutting into the clearcoat Neil? if it is I guess they took a leaf out of Sterns avengers then lol

^^^ I’m not overly concerned with this to be honest at the moment. The guy on Pinside did say that all the posts were identical but I need to see evidence.
This is zoomed in with an electron microscope FFS!

yeah just looking at all the pics from the factory, none with EU coin doors on them.

yeah just looking at all the pics from the factory, none with EU coin doors on them.

Ahhh - they could change production tomorrow though, sure they fit coin doors last? Not even sure how long they take to get here once finished? Any ideas?

No they use EU coin doors my DI has one. The doors are on.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chances are they will clear all their direct website le orders first with a few others that they know are for location because people playing it may generate more sales. Then move on to distributors.
We all like to hope that things will be different this time but anyone who has bought a jjp before has experienced the long wait. I’m expecting not to get it until into the new year and as Colin said if that irons out some of the qc issues of building a new game in a new factory with a new workforce then happy days.
The big unknown is how many they are capable of producing a week. Heard on his podcast kaneda reckons 50-75 but who knows

But I’m not “trying” anything

Chipped playfield art .. in my opinion.. is worse than what looks to be cracked clear from a post screwed down tight..

They’ve shipped 500 LE’s Dave. Probably more than double that on pros and premiums went on the line yesterday!

But I’m not “trying” anything

Chipped playfield art .. in my opinion.. is worse than what looks to be cracked clear from a post screwed down tight..

You are right you aren’t trying anything LOL.

The chip from that game is because of a ball guide being tightened too much.

The JJP looks like the clear had lifted and started to pool because the post went down. I’m hoping in both cases it’s a one off.

You are right you aren’t trying anything LOL.

The chip from that game is because of a ball guide being tightened too much.

The JJP looks like the clear had lifted and started to pool because the post went down. I’m hoping in both cases it’s a one off.

It doesn’t matter.. in both cases it looks to be human error- over tightening posts, ball guides,

It’s the employees on the production line that need to be coached on the assembly line.

Likely the clear on both JJP & Stern playfields are still soft.. it takes weeks...months for clear to cure..

Who would have thought that after 100 years of making pinball machines the lump of wood with some paint on it and the varnish would still be the one thing they cannot get right.

Same with car paint.....since they stopped using lacquers due to the pollution.
Water-based acrylic polyurethane enamel paint used today- it chips and scratches like crazy.
Especially in black 😬

Interesting, I kinda thought the live performances on the GnR pin sounded too good.
It appears they guys at JJP have cleverly synched up the modern day concert footage with the original tracks 👍
Still......fantastic!

It's not just that its also the move from screen printing to digital printing#

digital print layer: 0.025mm

Silk screen layer: 0.015mm but it is a 4(or5) layer process so 0.015*4 = 0.06mm

or at least twice as thick as a digitally printed playfield

We can do this literally ALL DAY!! 😂😂

Bloody hope you don't Dave!

So I was thinking about this game. I'm not totally convinced tbh. Don't get me wrong, there's A LOT to like/love but I really do not like the concert footage. Also, I think the standard is a no-go, just that bit too stripped back perhaps. Who knows maybe (pinball cliché incoming) the pro will flow better, without the upper play field. So that may bump up the entry price dramatically. What I would say the theme integration and polish of all the elements coming together looks next level and I think if you're a big GnR fan it'll likely blow your t1ts off. Possibly not one for me though. All that said I'm pretty much the most fickle pinball buyer of all time so I'll probably be in on an LE at some point :D

It's not just that its also the move from screen printing to digital printing#

digital print layer: 0.025mm

Silk screen layer: 0.015mm but it is a 4(or5) layer process so 0.015*4 = 0.06mm

or at least twice as thick as a digitally printed playfield

This forum just reached a new high in Geekiness! And I am OK with it!

Back
Top Bottom