What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Long shot through the pops, i bet that's nice

Through the pops and up into one of the top rollover lanes by the looks of it. Very similar to the extra ball shot on Transporter the Rescue (just on the other side of the playfield) :thumbs:

Wonder how many they will ship at JJP pricing! 8500 for the basic is my bet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If a JJP machine, probably sh1t build quality. I got suckered into the Dialed In NIB scenario.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Better than a Fish Tales that costs 2.5k ? I would doubt it

If a JJP machine, probably sh1t build quality. I got suckered into the Dialed In NIB scenario.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Better than a Fish Tales that costs 2.5k ? I would doubt it
No complaints with build quality on mine, pretty impressed with it. Gets played a lot here.

Seems to be a mixed bag of reactions on JJP quality.
I’ve never played one. For any prospective buyer of a new JJP, should anyone be concerned?
Can you list anything that is a bit crap?
Or really good vs others?

For me the materials used and overall quality were great, more like a BW than a Stern. HOWEVER, the quality of assembly was really poor. All sorts of mechs fell apart after a few plays and had to be assembled correctly. Working on the game wasn’t simple either due to design.

JJP quality is at least comparable to Stern.

I’ve got a DI and it all works ok. Other people had problems with them straight out of the box.

Games feel solid.

WOZ owners had problems with the lighting boards but Sterns also gave problems with node boards.

Overall I’d say far better built than people such as a Spooky.

I found both components and build quality shocking on my DI. Within a month the trough failed, mini phone screen failed, trap door didn’t work, Optos which were glued in place fell off.

Phil got replacement hardware promptly though,and once everything had been assembled correctly it has been fine and is a great game.

I've heard lots of bad reports about DI - but nothing from any of the other games

my jjp potc had a bit of shoddy assembly. the cover on the tortura kick out hole fell off - it hadn’t been screwed on properly and the vuk to the upper playfield was misaligned and didn’t kick out cleanly. both easy fixes, both just careless assembly and lack of testing prior to shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have no more failures than Stern, but the games are always packed under the playfield. I find them not the easiest things to work on but not impossible due to how much is in these games.

It is worth mentioning that these could be prototypes, they may even be going on site to test the old fashioned way.

In case anyone did not know, JJP use a lot of Bally/Williams commonly used mechanisms.

JJP are way worse than stern for build quality and If I compare my TNA worse than spooky but if I compare ACNC I’d say soooky are worse.

Based on my experience with DI I wouldn’t buy another game at the price they charge.

The DI that I’ve got Dave had a loads of issues with it then the CPU board went, both screens had problems, trap door, 4 sets of drones, endless agro with the magnet, kickback was worse than useless. Phil sorted out the CPU board even though he didn’t have to so the support is there thankfully which is a better than the support electrocoin gives.

Between me, Martin and Robin we’ve got the game working reliably. I know a few folks that run routes in the US and they won’t put any JJP games out because they end up OOO. Shame as DI is a good game.

If they were selling the games at 5-6K for the LE then I’d be tempted but I’ve spent 50 times more fixing DI issues than any other pin! Even my classics!

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Putting Mylar over the magnets on DI was a schoolgirl error on JJP’s part. What did they think the result would be other than that the Mylar would melt and warp and have to be cut out with a razor blade? Ffs!

If they were selling the games at 5-6K for the LE then I’d be tempted but I’ve spent 50 times more fixing DI issues than any other pin! Even my classics!
You don't have your Rick & Morty yet Neil :D . I've definitely spent more time tweaking and fixing R&M than any other pin I've owned ( you were right @CHRIS B PINBALLS! ). I've actually spent a lot of time on it today ( see today I worked on thread later ).

Initial major problems with my Dialed in were the phone screen failed within days, the main screen had dead pixels and the balls were scratching the playfield due to tiny lumps on them. The screens were both sorted by Phil. Luckily the balls were caught really quickly and swapped out. I've heard others say the clear wasn't cured on DI but that's not the case, the balls were the problem. To this day my DI is my only new machine that has NO DIMPLES! even now after nearly 3 years no dimples. Rick & Morty is getting a lot of accolades for it's playfield but it does dimple, nowhere near as bad as any stern but they're there. JJP definitely made some schoolboy errors in setup though ( of DI ), as mentioned above the mylar on the magnets and not setting up the trap door to even work out of the box. I've come to accept a certain amount of tweaking on any machine I get, old or new, but for me Rick and Morty takes the cake.

I don't know what's wrong with these companies. I've had the top part of the Deadpool ramp come off during play. I've since found an additional three screws loose under the PF which have clearly fallen off something.

My JP T-Rex ramp has started rejecting some shots recently so I've just checked that and guess what? . . . A screw/nut is missing.

I have my finger hovering over the buy button on an Elvira but reading the owners thread is a bit worrying.

Now I read on here that JJP can't build a pinball.

It's ridiculous. My car, fridge, camera, phone & TV all work so how come nobody can make a pinball machine?

^^^^ Maybe Panasonic or Samsung should look into it 😂
However avoid Swan, they still haven’t managed how to do toast 👍

That's a sore subject. There is a fellow forum member who shall remain unnamed who's toaster caught on fire this morning.

Not sure if it was a Kenwood, Brevel or Stern toaster but I have my suspicions.

To be fair my sample size is small as I’ve only owned one JJP game, but for me POTC has been about as reliable as my Stern games.

They do need to work on their QC, but honestly, so do Stern. Pirates had some assembly issues straight out of the box - one of the spinner switches not registering because it was mounted backwards was a particular surprise - but after getting them sorted it’s been fairly trouble free. My tortuga scoop came loose which resulted in balls firing SDTM but that was a quick fix. Had the trough opto fail but that’s happened on some of my Sterns too. Just this week an opto mounted on a ramp came loose but that was just a matter of putting it back in place. Nothing major and nothing along the lines of what DI owners experienced, but some adjustments sure. On the positive side I think the cabinet quality etc is better than Stern.

As a point of comparison had similar adjustments to make on JPLE out of the box. Then within a couple of weeks the powdercoating on one of the side rails started chipping away where my thumb rests - Phil kindly got them to send me out a new one but I was surprised that happened so soon. Been mostly trouble free since then but had a couple of games last night and spotted a screw in the outlane and then a small rubber post lying near the truck. Stopped the game straight away to retrieve them but can’t spot anywhere obvious that they came from so need to go through the machine this eve.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about buying another JJP based on my experience if they put out a theme I’m interested in, but unfortunately GnR isn’t my thing. I’d rate them about the same as Stern in build quality but completely understand why those who bought DI NIB might feel differently.

Edit: The one area where JJP excels over Stern is the diagnostics menus in the game. Makes trouble shooting so much easier. Stern really need to up their game and stop using the DMD era diagnostics screens on the LCD games.

To be fair my sample size is small as I’ve only owned one JJP game, but for me POTC has been about as reliable as my Stern games.

They do need to work on their QC, but honestly, so do Stern. Pirates had some assembly issues straight out of the box - one of the spinner switches not registering because it was mounted backwards was a particular surprise - but after getting them sorted it’s been fairly trouble free. My tortuga scoop came loose which resulted in balls firing SDTM but that was a quick fix. Had the trough opto fail but that’s happened on some of my Sterns too. Just this week an opto mounted on a ramp came loose but that was just a matter of putting it back in place. Nothing major and nothing along the lines of what DI owners experienced, but some adjustments sure. On the positive side I think the cabinet quality etc is better than Stern.

As a point of comparison had similar adjustments to make on JPLE out of the box. Then within a couple of weeks the powdercoating on one of the side rails started chipping away where my thumb rests - Phil kindly got them to send me out a new one but I was surprised that happened so soon. Been mostly trouble free since then but had a couple of games last night and spotted a screw in the outlane and then a small rubber post lying near the truck. Stopped the game straight away to retrieve them but can’t spot anywhere obvious that they came from so need to go through the machine this eve.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about buying another JJP based on my experience if they put out a theme I’m interested in, but unfortunately GnR isn’t my thing. I’d rate them about the same as Stern in build quality but completely understand why those who bought DI NIB might feel differently.

Edit: The one area where JJP excels over Stern is the diagnostics menus in the game. Makes trouble shooting so much easier. Stern really need to up their game and stop using the DMD era diagnostics screens on the LCD games.

That POTC sounds more trouble than it's worth and is clearly about to break down again.

I'll help you out, I have a van and can take it off your hands before it causes you any further anguish. You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom