What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

My magnet coil is dead. Looks like since before I got it. Anyone know if I can just change the thermal switch?

Or do I need to replace the coil too.

My magnet coil is dead. Looks like since before I got it. Anyone know if I can just change the thermal switch?

Or do I need to replace the coil too.
Replace the coil but it will go again.
In some instances the mosfet on the main board will also need changing (ie if you turn on the game and straight away (or after it boots) the magnet activates.....

The official line at Pinball Heaven is leave it disconnected until we know this error has been sorted in software.

It is one of the few coils that is not software controllable from the users point of view.

I can not understand it, bally williams used these type of coils and they never burnt out. Must be something to do with perhaps the PWM they are using.

Anyone else have a GnR on the next shipment and have a better idea of delivery

I’m told ship is sailing and it’s due mid May which I guess is anytime now ?

Replace the coil but it will go again.
In some instances the mosfet on the main board will also need changing (ie if you turn on the game and straight away (or after it boots) the magnet activates.....

The official line at Pinball Heaven is leave it disconnected until we know this error has been sorted in software.

It is one of the few coils that is not software controllable from the users point of view.

I can not understand it, bally williams used these type of coils and they never burnt out. Must be something to do with perhaps the PWM they are using.
@Pick Holder

If the oficial line is disconnect it would that suggest that the second wave which is due soon will need to be disconnected to prevent any damage or will this error be fixed.

be nice to know before we all switch them on i guess.

Regards Paul

@Pick Holder

If the oficial line is disconnect it would that suggest that the second wave which is due soon will need to be disconnected to prevent any damage or will this error be fixed.

be nice to know before we all switch them on i guess.

Regards Paul

I can not comment on machines that have not landed. I am going by the machines on the first and second shipment months ago.

Really hope JJP bring another code update to sort the MB madness.
Not fired up GnR for a while and just had another quick game.
Still at 200 plays…lol
This pin could be terrific, not sure why they don’t address this constant multi ball issue.
It’s just silly.

Well GnR LE 3778 has finally landed for what has seemed like and eternity to wait. Been without a pin since December and damn its felt longer

It’s being delivered by Martin the email says Jppautomotive anyone know who this is. It’s not The Martin is it. Anyone have a number for them ? I want to arrange delivery and don’t seem to have any response to my emails !

Well GnR LE 3778 has finally landed for what has seemed like and eternity to wait. Been without a pin since December and damn its felt longer

It’s being delivered by Martin the email says Jppautomotive anyone know who this is. It’s not The Martin is it. Anyone have a number for them ? I want to arrange delivery and don’t seem to have any response to my emails !
Yeah jppautomotive is Martin, you can find his phone number on facebook search for retro logistics give him a call.

Yeah jppautomotive is Martin, you can find his phone number on facebook search for retro logistics give him a call.
Thanks for confirming thought it might be the case but email didn’t add up

Got Martin’s number and he’s been to mine before so will give him a call.

Thanks for confirming thought it might be the case but email didn’t add up

Got Martin’s number and he’s been to mine before so will give him a call.
Just had conf that mine is landing by Hadfield's on Monday. Seems like an eternity.

Looking forward to seeing if @Neil McRae is right about game play longevity 😂.

I wait in anticipation.

I didn't see him say anything but the 50 is the right ball park. I predict two years from now they will be exchanging hands for 5K owing to the fact there are so many of them here.

Neil.

cool that way I won't come across as a righteous **** when someone else tells everyone I was right :D :D :D :D

I predict two years from now they will be exchanging hands for 5K owing to the fact there are so many of them here.

Neil.
You may be a tech guru but I'd hazard a guess, insider trading isn't strong in your portfolio of knowledge.. lol
@Paul can you do a, just p1ssed myself laughing emoji mate?

Also guys - pricing wise, let me throw this in....

Yes GnR MAY change hands for £5K.

The UK is going to hit recession, so people will sell pinballs (along with other luxury goods), and the price in that situation gets reduced.

If JJP want to do more LE's then they of course will, just change the colour of the side rails and call it the 'Slash' edition. Then the 'Axl' LE......

If an Addams can sell for £8.6k then I don't see an LE selling for anything near 8k especially when you now need to spend 11k AND wait months to even get one.

I'll consider selling mine in the next month or so to feed my project addiction and it certainly won't be for 8k...

Back
Top Bottom