What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Still lots of new games with pooling though if pinside and Facebook is anything to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eventually set up my CE last night. Inspected the playfield and I didn't spot any signs of pooling.

Well, there's no doubting that this machine is pure eye candy. What a beautiful work of art. It's just jaw dropping WOW!

Haven't played a game yet as I need to install cliffys and replace the post.

I did put it in jukebox mode though and I came crashing back down to Earth with a helluva bump. The sound quality was woeful! A music themed pin with what seems to be the cheapest speakers you can install. Oh the irony!

Unless I haven't wired it up correctly but I'm pretty sure I have. I'll take the glass off, start a game and hit some switches. See if it's sounds any different in game mode.

Possibly worth checking the topper wiring, I remember it being counterintuitive when it came to which of the two leads went where.

I’m sure pinwoofer would take it to another level, but I’m pretty happy with the sound.

Eventually set up my CE last night. Inspected the playfield and I didn't spot any signs of pooling.

Well, there's no doubting that this machine is pure eye candy. What a beautiful work of art. It's just jaw dropping WOW!

Haven't played a game yet as I need to install cliffys and replace the post.

I did put it in jukebox mode though and I came crashing back down to Earth with a helluva bump. The sound quality was woeful! A music themed pin with what seems to be the cheapest speakers you can install. Oh the irony!

Unless I haven't wired it up correctly but I'm pretty sure I have. I'll take the glass off, start a game and hit some switches. See if it's sounds any different in game mode.
Had heard that about the speakers seems absolutely insane that they wouldn't make the audio the most vital part , with the Ce didn't you get that sound bar with it?? Does that not help?
Don't worry Phil sell it to me now it's out the box 😆

I agree on the sound quality and I was surprised as I thought sound on my DI was better and this seemed to have stepped back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Didnt the pinsound guys mention something about GNR being set incorrectly out of the box sound wise??

How are folks finding the game without that post by the pop bumpers, I'll need to take some acton and removing it is an option?

Be aware, the jukebox mode is NOT same as the in game sound.
I noticed a big difference between this and starting a song in gameplay.
I noticed that - I wonder whether it channels the sound quality of the music played at a venue before a concert starts. Always sounds like an amplified AM radio to me

Well I spent effing hours fitting the cliffys yesterday. What a ballache! All done and I removed 2 posts on the advice from Phil. I removed the post on the mini playfield and the post nearest "B" at the pops.

The sound quality is a lot better when playing. Not sure why it's so bad in jukebox mode. 🤷‍♂️

Well I spent effing hours fitting the cliffys yesterday. What a ballache! All done and I removed 2 posts on the advice from Phil. I removed the post on the mini playfield and the post nearest "B" at the pops.

The sound quality is a lot better when playing. Not sure why it's so bad in jukebox mode. 🤷‍♂️
Have you got Jukebox mode set to play with videos/lightshow or just audio, and in game does it play the music video when the music starts, just wondering if having videos on/off uses different media files.

Jukebox mode plays with the music videos and light show. Unsure if they're the same as the ingame videos. Haven't played enough yet.

Hey guys! The GNR CE sound bar has idential speakers compared to the original WoZ and The hobbit backbox. Meaning, two 2.5in full range paper cone speakers and one 0.5in mylar Dome tweeter per side. The same tweeter is also found in the backboxes of DI, Wonka, Pirates and GNR, and for these later titles JJP added a high quality poly midrange driver per side. We recommend keeping these factory midrange speakers in play. The PinWoofer kit replaces the cabinet speaker for all JJP titles, and additionally tweeters in the titles after The Hobbit. Thank you for your attention.

You can improve the GnR sound SO EASY and cheap.

Install proper cross over and a better amp.

The sub is okay, not brilliant but comparable to Stern Premium/LE subs.

Problem is full range audio is going to the sub to start with.

JJP know how to do better sound, Hobbit sounds awesome.

No schematics for the audio system in the GnR manual I noticed!

Same here. Played it for the first time last nite round at crsedgar. Gorgeous pin, lots of shots, maybe too much going on. It’s a Jukebox/video stream/video game/lightshow and pinball machine all rolled into one. I had a number of games and it looked like I barely scratched the surface on it..

Back
Top Bottom