What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Ok it’s time to start work on my upto now beautiful Jukebox which BTW has been used every time I work in there although not a log gets done as it’s so mesmerising 😝
I’ve had the PF glass out for a while to help the curing progress a little 🤪 and have decided to now fit my cliffys while addressing the PF post issues.
I’m using Julian’s machined bushes which slot in like a proverbial Glove along with Phil’s replacement posts as it seems to be the best solution upto now IMHO.
Before I dive in has anyone done step by step guide to removing the mini Playfield and addressing all the issues?
I know the pinside thread is huge and don’t wanna spend several hours trawling through it all if anyone can point me straight in the direction of the aforementioned.
Any other tips and tricks that may be worth doing while I’m on greatly appreciated.
I will be making myself some clear protectors for slings, guides and anything else that looks in the line of fire so just shout if interested or check back and I’ll post some pics.
🙏 in advance Col

Ok it’s time to start work on my upto now beautiful Jukebox which BTW has been used every time I work in there although not a log gets done as it’s so mesmerising 😝
I’ve had the PF glass out for a while to help the curing progress a little 🤪 and have decided to now fit my cliffys while addressing the PF post issues.
I’m using Julian’s machined bushes which slot in like a proverbial Glove along with Phil’s replacement posts as it seems to be the best solution upto now IMHO.
Before I dive in has anyone done step by step guide to removing the mini Playfield and addressing all the issues?
I know the pinside thread is huge and don’t wanna spend several hours trawling through it all if anyone can point me straight in the direction of the aforementioned.
Any other tips and tricks that may be worth doing while I’m on greatly appreciated.
I will be making myself some clear protectors for slings, guides and anything else that looks in the line of fire so just shout if interested or check back and I’ll post some pics.
🙏 in advance Col
I followed this Colin without any trouble. I'm interested in the protectors when you get around to them 👍

OMG!
The original pop bumper post the had maybe 1 and a half turns if that to remove it WTAF!
From under the PF this is what it looks like fully screwed in.
B1969F06-EE75-4260-B73B-E1788F353848.jpeg

When unscrewed one full turn it literally rocks 5mm side to side. It’s totally loose here BTW with washer removed just to show poor fit.
D70DCEC1-A9DB-4622-A0DF-3FE38566410B.jpeg

Checked Phil’s with bush fitted for size and fit. Amazing difference but I may be leaving this one out altogether as someone has suggested.
2FCC19EA-8001-45A7-A695-AEB4CFB0BE98.jpeg

Pic to show the bush before screwing into the PF very snug
AE876B0A-2D04-4980-9A36-E1439FA6F838.jpeg

All looks good to me but I’m gonna read right through the previous posts before I go ahead and tighten with lock nut underneath

For Comparison
6819BE94-6814-46B3-80CA-9CEFADD0CC40.jpeg

It’s beyond belief that these were not brought to someone’s attention on the prototypes as I don’t think any manufacturers PF would be free of damage with sloppy posts screwed in so little.

One things for sure I bet the new builds have the correct spec ones in place now.

OMG!
The original pop bumper post the had maybe 1 and a half turns if that to remove it WTAF!
From under the PF this is what it looks like fully screwed in.
View attachment 146709

When unscrewed one full turn it literally rocks 5mm side to side. It’s totally loose here BTW with washer removed just to show poor fit.
View attachment 146710

Checked Phil’s with bush fitted for size and fit. Amazing difference but I may be leaving this one out altogether as someone has suggested.
View attachment 146711

Pic to show the bush before screwing into the PF very snug
View attachment 146712

All looks good to me but I’m gonna read right through the previous posts before I go ahead and tighten with lock nut underneath

For Comparison
View attachment 146713

It’s beyond belief that these were not brought to someone’s attention on the prototypes as I don’t think any manufacturers PF would be free of damage with sloppy posts screwed in so little.

One things for sure I bet the new builds have the correct spec ones in place now.

So can I ask a “relatively new to pinball and never played GNR” question?

What purpose does this post actually serve? Is it a massive issue to remove it and maybe fill the whole with a rubber plug or something?

Thinking out loud, feel free to hit me with a wet kipper.

Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What purpose does this post actually serve? Is it a massive issue to remove it and maybe fill the whole with a rubber plug or something?

Cheers Alan

Fair question, the logic I've heard is its to protect the wire on the rollover switch (behind it in Cols photo) getting bent from a shot to the side. Its so crazy that this is an issue on a 10k game!

Cheers Alan

I hit the wife with my wet kipper later tonite as she the nearest port of call for abuse.
Anyhoo.
The two posts kind of frame the extra ball shot through the pops and as I’ve never played a single ball on my game yet I’m not really sure if they address this shot in any way but I’m sure it’s part of the design and the help flow somehow.
Either way if removing is an option even in the short term to give my PF more time to settle and harden then so be it.

All the GnR's I have set up - that post gets removed with the other modifications I do.

Can there be some clarity on what to do as I was told to leave it how it came out the box and the posts I was sent by Phil mine was the last batch in July to arrive. It has the washer and so far no damage slight bubble that’s it.

Quick clarification- the kit is the speakers and scaffolding- if you want a drum kit as well it is €174 and Sven will print the G&R logo too

When I get some spare time I am going to try another amp in GnR. The cabinet speakers are crossed over absolutely horendously bad.

Hobbit sounds amazing. GnR a music pin does not.

I noticed you have full range coming out the sub.

I fit new amps into my pals Stern games (as well as new speakers that do not break the bank). On a Stern game it comes in under £100 for the parts. On the GnR I think changing the amp only will do a brilliant job.

Quite cool…

Very cool but I get the idea you could actually buy a real set of stage lights and mount them on your ceiling a lot cheaper 😂

What’s the state of the playfields on the latest batch to arrive in the UK?
Anyone with any damage yet, or is this batch all good?

Should be 6/7 more weeks to arrive, mines on it and I’ll update as soon as I've started the laborious damage prevention before game 1! If they haven't even sorted the "big hole little post" situation (ohhhh errrrr missus, titter ye not!) I'll be flabbergasted..... but probably not all that surprised 🙄

I've put on 328 games and damage starting to appear on that post in the pop bumpers, everywhere else looks fine, May build date.

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_184112.jpg
    IMG_20210913_184112.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20210913_184003.jpg
    IMG_20210913_184003.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 48
Should be 6/7 more weeks to arrive, mines on it and I’ll update as soon as I've started the laborious damage prevention before game 1! If they haven't even sorted the "big hole little post" situation (ohhhh errrrr missus, titter ye not!) I'll be flabbergasted..... but probably not all that surprised 🙄
So want to throw down in this will be really interested to see how it’s evolved. The latest delivers of pinside indicate allot of the hot fixes by the community have been adopted.

there is no way however I’m throwing £10k down when what’s happening above is still going on after 328 games.

Back
Top Bottom