What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

I’m in on one regardless of cost then at least I don’t have to worry long term as long the sparkly CE will be also catered for.
JJP hiked the price another 1k after I ordered mine so I guess I’m still under the current price anyway.

I expect this thread will be a **** throwing fest all about this offer and how it should be free. But hey at least it’s a viable solution other than the bandaid version so far.

For them to do this for free would probs amount to a few million $ a the very least.

^^^Mmm, I have a different view.
If it amounts to $$$$$$ tough titties - that’s manufacturing, get it right, get out or suffer the consequences- 3rd time at it..... The billionaire investor can dip his pockets... lol.
For a PF upper, lower your probably looking at circa 700 - 750 GBP delivered.
Then to pay someone to confidently do the swap out?
God knows but it ain’t gonna be cheap.
That’s assuming the replacement isn’t cheese.
This is probably as close JJP will get to admitting there’s an issue with their product.

I don’t subscribe to the “ah, play the hell out of it and sell it on with the unpopulated playfield”.
Whether we like it or not, the issues with the PF have devalued the pin.
Chips or no chips, selling it on will be a tougher proposition given the recent history.
If JJP came in with a realistic subsidised price for the owners with documented issues, Distro shows photo evidence + provides S/N then I would be saying, ok fair play.
But we all know they are cashing in on the sh^t show they created ..... 🤦‍♂️

“As always after laughing our ****s off that you believed our lies we like to hump you up the ass one more time - so like POTC and wonka - We used a **** manufacturer called mirco again so we can sit in Elk Grove with our cigars and watch you suckers cough up to buy more of our substandard junk! But hey we are the industry leader in quality!”

^^^Mmm, I have a different view.
If it amounts to $$$$$$ tough titties - that’s manufacturing, get it right, get out or suffer the consequences- 3rd time at it..... The billionaire investor can dip his pockets... lol.
For a PF upper, lower your probably looking at circa 700 - 750 GBP delivered.
Then to pay someone to confidently do the swap out?
God knows but it ain’t gonna be cheap.
That’s assuming the replacement isn’t cheese.
This is probably as close JJP will get to admitting there’s an issue with their product.

I don’t subscribe to the “ah, play the hell out of it and sell it on with the unpopulated playfield”.
Whether we like it or not, the issues with the PF have devalued the pin.
Chips or no chips, selling it on will be a tougher proposition given the recent history.
If JJP came in with a realistic subsidised price for the owners with documented issues, Distro shows photo evidence + provides S/N then I would be saying, ok fair play.
But we all know they are cashing in on the sh^t show they created ..... 🤦‍♂️
@Sako-TRG - It would take me 2 to 3 days to swap a GNR playfield including testing. Then you also have to add in time for me to collect / redeliver your machine/playfield.

Here is the other bit - are you going to put 1+ year old plastics and ramps onto a new playfield - or are you going to give them more money for new bits and bobs?

Would also insist on using new posts as per I have been installing.

Can see me doing a few......

I am pretty sure $499 is a discounted price, whilst the play field issue is a bit annoying i have bought the machine and plan on enjoying it, particularly as there is virtually nothing i can do about the playfield. On a lighter note scored just under 50million last night so i think i am getting to grips with the rules.

I think you either put up with some expectation of a playfield **** show and try and enjoy the game as much as you can or shift it onwards. I decided the latter.
I think those would be my feelings too. You'd try your best to mitigate any potential issues but at some point you have to start playing and enjoying the game otherwise what's the point of owning it.

You accept it will lose some value if the issues get worse but you put it down to a lessons learnt and never trust JJP again.

@Dave Bishop where was this post ? My replacement posts wobble around in the holes - either we've been sent different diameter posts of there's a difference in playfield hole size between CEs and LEs.

I was refereeing ti the outlane posts in that post @Julian Hepworth.

The larger posts I have have gone in the outlanes.
When I took off the upper playfield to change - the hole was bigger so the post moved about. I still put one in with a metal washer underneath, secured with nylon nut. Used the same washer as that is same circumference as new post.

The posts at the bumpers I can’t remove
They are tight and socket set just slips when trying to undo them..

One post I am concerned about is the post opposite the upper right flipper.. gets it of hits. I may swap this one out for a WPC rubber sleeve post and have full rubber on it.

What are peoples thoughts on this..
the post that gets a lot of hits on the entrance to the inner loop..
Can’t put a longer post in as it is above a. Circuit board and has only a T Nut in there. But I do have a post that is same size..

Keep original.. or put post with sleeve in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 28
Just to lighten the mood a little….GNR dropped their new single last night! Well it’s a rehash of an late 90’s early 00’s number but either way…. How absurd (or silkworms to the real fans ;-))

4135d9bc3f974b3136c063d265e976ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What may not lighten the mood is Jersey Jack's comments on the latest Pinball News podcast:

"We have a reputation of taking care of the customer"

"...the few people that have problems we've made offers to sell playfields at a special price"

"We've been very accommodating and respectful to them"

"The whole company was built on taking care of the customer"

"Possibly there are some playfields where people may have done something to the playfield to cause damage..."

What may not lighten the mood is Jersey Jack's comments on the latest Pinball News podcast:

"...the few people that have problems we've made offers to sell playfields at a special price"

"Possibly there are some playfields where people may have done something to the playfield to cause damage..."
W@nkers!!

Why do people do this, it's completely counter productive.

He should have said this. . .

"At JJP we strive to to be industry leaders in pinball quality and we're sorry if some of our valued customers feel we've dropped below that standard. Whilst we accept no liability for playfields which are perfectly functional we do understand that some customers are unhappy with certain aspects.

We'd like to address this issue in four ways. Firstly we'd like to offer a replacement playfield at cost plus postage to anyone who has purchased a JJP G&R.

Secondly we'll be reviewing our playfield manufacturing process, partnerships and methods and make the necessary changes.

Thirdly we're changing our testing process to make it more rigorous to ensure machines are thoroughly tested and played before going to market.

last of all we'll be offering a 10% discount on our next release (it's top secret and definitely not Toy Story) to all who purchased a NIB G&R through an accredited JJP retailer).

We hope that this goes some way toward demonstrating that our customers (even that Neil bloke who hates us) are incredibly important to all at JJP.

Obviously if you've actually taken a steam iron to your JJP G&R we'd like to take the opportunity to remind you that it's a pinball machine and not a pair of fu(k!ng trousers."

Is that Martin ayub’s podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whilst we accept no liability for playfields which are perfectly functional we do understand that some customers are unhappy with certain aspects.

B.S. It's like saying "Many thanks for buying our cars, however whilst we take no responsability for the paint peeling off, We will hapilly respray it for £1000 - but you have to do all the prep work for us"

I can well see why people would be ****ed over the issue... I would be spitting feathers and going down the "not fit for purpose" route!

Back
Top Bottom