What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Virtually all speakers are made in china !

If I owned a GnR I would be changing the amplifier out to one you can change the cross over point and the equalisation.
I’ve noticed something, not sure others have with GnR...
When playing Jukebox mode the sound is kinda well.......crappy.
But when starting a song from the scoop, it sounds way better, the pin comes alive, especially with the Pinwoofer system.
It’s it playing different music files or something?
I’m no audiophile, just an observation.

I’ve noticed something, not sure others have with GnR...
When playing Jukebox mode the sound is kinda well.......crappy.
But when starting a song from the scoop, it sounds way better, the pin comes alive, especially with the Pinwoofer system.
It’s it playing different music files or something?
I’m no audiophile, just an observation.
You can adjust this in the settings but I kind of like it that way

^^^ yeah, the only thing I haven’t touched is the Pots, I’m not getting any clipped Audio so thought to leave them.
I changed all other settings as per Pinwoofers guidelines though.
Just glad I’m detached home, this would def p1ss the neighbours off.
You get a real buzz playing this pin with the Pinwoofer system installed.
I can def hear the call outs better..
Makes all the difference, get that bass at 18:00 position 👍

the naysayers? LOL so thousands of people have imagined this problem? :)
do agree on pinwoofer it’s fantastic.

Neil.
Tbh @Neil McRae this wasn’t necessarily directed at you and I 100% agree it has been a complete PR disaster for them. My post was more to bring a little positivity to what has been a complete sh!tshow for jjp and to say that the attempted fixes to make the best of the playfield we have are so far working for me at least. I don’t know what the future 100/200/300 plays will bring but like I said I’m not going to worry about it and just play the game that I’m absolutely loving!

The stock sound is absolutely sh^t - sounds very tinny.
Glad I bought the Pinwoofer, not sure when I will be installing though.

Just to be clear, I noticed something off with the audio in Jukebox mode when I unboxed the pin before flipping any balls in stock format as per above post back a few weeks ago.
Still sounded better when song selected on scoop.
Def looks to be a lower quality audio in Jukebox mode.

Been to electric circus today and played the standard edition that’s on site.

the game was nothing short of epic.

im a massive GnR fan so I guess that helps but I was blown away by it. Can imagine the LE and CE are even more awesome.

if I had the money I would be throwing down which is mad considering the quality issues. If a car maker was doing the same I wouldn’t go anywhere near them.

massively jealous of those that have one in the comfort of their own home.

now to consider if I sell the left or the right testicle to fund. You don’t really need two do you right ??

Phil Holder was at mine today, spent nearly two hours sorting out my GnR that I had unboxed - sorted the post issue, and then checked it over fully to make sure it works as it should. A great bloke who really knows what he is doing.
A big thank you to Phil Palmer at Pinball heaven - not many companies would send out an engineer on a Sunday to sort out a problem not of their making, and charge nothing.

Been to electric circus today and played the standard edition that’s on site.

the game was nothing short of epic.

im a massive GnR fan so I guess that helps but I was blown away by it. Can imagine the LE and CE are even more awesome.

if I had the money I would be throwing down which is mad considering the quality issues. If a car maker was doing the same I wouldn’t go anywhere near them.

massively jealous of those that have one in the comfort of their own home.

now to consider if I sell the left or the right testicle to fund. You don’t really need two do you right ??

Is it’s the standard edition then 2/3’s of the game is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Phil Holder was at mine today, spent nearly two hours sorting out my GnR that I had unboxed - sorted the post issue, and then checked it over fully to make sure it works as it should. A great bloke who really knows what he is doing.
A big thank you to Phil Palmer at Pinball heaven - not many companies would send out an engineer on a Sunday to sort out a problem not of their making, and charge nothing.
Oops!,I meant Phil Docker of course!

So I've just looked at installing the 3 posts 'fix' sent for my CE, and unless I'm missing something, I'm not convinced that is going to be much of an improvement.
If you've got a playfield coating the is suspected to be brittle and you install a post that has a smaller shaft diameter than the playfield drilled hole, then surely all the rigidity comes from the steel washer being clamped down as tighty as possible with a the T nut.

Doesn't that mean any impact on the post gets transferred to the washer and onto the playfield ?
Aren't you then just going to need a bigger washer ad infinitum as @Neil McRae implies ?

The only way I can see of improving it is to have a post where the shaft is the same diameter as the through playfield hole so the forces are transferred into the wood beneath the surface (or a shim to pack it out or epoxy it !) and a compressible PETG washer to absorb energy going onto the playfield surface.
I have neither of these things :(

But the bigger question, is why the f*ck has it come to this ?
With all the incredible tech in this thing, why is something as fundamental as securing a post to a playfield causing issues when it was solved decades ago ?

I've now got a game I can't (chose not to) play waiting for a post solution.
I'm willing to pay for it, but somebody (JJP) give me a solution that works -is that too much to ask on a game that cost over 10K ?

Not impressed.

I'm pleased to hear a bit of positive feedback tbh.

I've been viewing this thread for ages as someone who very nearly purchased the game. It's weird watching from afar but quite depressing having to listen to people exchange hacks and solutions to something that really should work out of the box.

I want to read about ramps, multiballs & modes but it's mostly posts, washers and pooling. I think it was something similar in the Stranger Things thread that put me off that initially too.

So I'm pleased to see that a few people are enjoying it and I've certainly not discounted owning one in the future. That being said it may well be advantageous to send it off to Chris first or reap the benefits of a used model that's been fixed by the first owner.

I'll hopefully be playing one in the very near future. I'll be sure to bore you all silly with my assessment of the game itself because I know bugger all about posts & washers.

So I've just looked at installing the 3 posts 'fix' sent for my CE, and unless I'm missing something, I'm not convinced that is going to be much of an improvement.
If you've got a playfield coating the is suspected to be brittle and you install a post that has a smaller shaft diameter than the playfield drilled hole, then surely all the rigidity comes from the steel washer being clamped down as tighty as possible with a the T nut.

Doesn't that mean any impact on the post gets transferred to the washer and onto the playfield ?
Aren't you then just going to need a bigger washer ad infinitum as @Neil McRae implies ?

The only way I can see of improving it is to have a post where the shaft is the same diameter as the through playfield hole so the forces are transferred into the wood beneath the surface (or a shim to pack it out or epoxy it !) and a compressible PETG washer to absorb energy going onto the playfield surface.
I have neither of these things :(

But the bigger question, is why the f*ck has it come to this ?
With all the incredible tech in this thing, why is something as fundamental as securing a post to a playfield causing issues when it was solved decades ago ?

I've now got a game I can't (chose not to) play waiting for a post solution.
I'm willing to pay for it, but somebody (JJP) give me a solution that works -is that too much to ask on a game that cost over 10K ?

Not impressed.
Bottom line is, the posts aren’t the problem.
It’s the playfield.
This from Pinside circa 100 plays, not exactly a high traffic post either - near the shooter lane
26CB1C0B-2661-4F18-ABBB-387EE2ED3CA2.png

I'm pleased to hear a bit of positive feedback tbh.

I've been viewing this thread for ages as someone who very nearly purchased the game. It's weird watching from afar but quite depressing having to listen to people exchange hacks and solutions to something that really should work out of the box.

I want to read about ramps, multiballs & modes but it's mostly posts, washers and pooling. I think it was something similar in the Stranger Things thread that put me off that initially too.

So I'm pleased to see that a few people are enjoying it and I've certainly not discounted owning one in the future. That being said it may well be advantageous to send it off to Chris first or reap the benefits of a used model that's been fixed by the first owner.

I'll hopefully be playing one in the very near future. I'll be sure to bore you all silly with my assessment of the game itself because I know bugger all about posts & washers.
Yeah, it’s a bit weird isn’t it, not much talk at all about the gameplay from new owners.
From what I’ve played so far, it’s fantastic.
It’s got better flow and shots than I thought it would have.
I need to learn the rules...
The sound and light show is breathtaking.

then surely all the rigidity comes from the steel washer being clamped down as tighty as possible with a the T nut.
I'm not sure that's such a good idea also. Clamping down as tight as possible on a hooky PF?
This will lead to other problems IMO.
I removed my apron, the two small black washers underneath, i lifted those and lets just say the indentations in the PF are not normal.
This is caused by over torquing the lock nuts on a cr4p clear coat.

Bottom line is, the posts aren’t the problem.
It’s the playfield.
This from Pinside circa 100 plays, not exactly a high traffic post either - near the shooter lane
View attachment 143757
Agreed - the playfield is the problem, so a workaround is needed involving posts,washers,nuts etc.
Not only does is the surface too brittle, but I wonder if they drilled the holes too big or put in too skinny posts - either way a post wobbling around in an oversized hole is not good in my opinion.

I'm not sure that's such a good idea also. Clamping down as tight as possible on a hooky PF?
This will lead to other problems IMO.
Exactly, but on my playfield the post is too skinny for the hole, so it wobbles around - the only way to stop it wobbling without packing it out to to tighten it, and then I wind up making the problem I'm trying to solve worse. Hence the 'I'm not convinced that is going to be much of an improvement.'

That said, I might be being an idiot and missing something....

Exactly, but on my playfield the post is too skinny for the hole, so it wobbles around - the only way to stop it wobbling without packing it out to to tighten it, and then I wind up making the problem I'm trying to solve worse. Hence the 'I'm not convinced that is going to be much of an improvement.'

That said, I might be being an idiot and missing something....
I hear you........
I placed an order with Pinballshop.nl for some new rubbers, balls etc.....
Noticed they also did the bigger posts and they have various size Titan PETG in various colours.
20 euro delivery though....

OK- no pooling at the outlane @Neil McRae -
The post doesn’t screw into anything, no thread in the hole.

the JJP post is secured by a nut only. The WPC post is thicker just before the thread.. it is a very tight fit.. it will need gently tapping in..

It doesn’t look like it will stop ball flow down the lanes .. will check that.. should I try this WOC post by tapping it in… squeaky bum time!
@Dave Bishop where was this post ? My replacement posts wobble around in the holes - either we've been sent different diameter posts of there's a difference in playfield hole size between CEs and LEs.

Yes this is why I was asking about the logo - I do think there are hole differences. But it’s a moot point as noted above I think in the medium term it won’t matter what you do unless you can find some way to cure the thick glop of clear coat. Even the fingernail test isn’t helpful as the coat is coming up from the bottom up when it goes. For sure iron the obvious hits around the pops and lanes…

I think you either put up with some expectation of a playfield **** show and try and enjoy the game as much as you can or shift it onwards. I decided the latter.

On gameplay - short tutorial:

Complete the 4 pre-modes: Lights, pyro etc that show on the main status screen and try to avoid activating the band members, grab the fender patch. Lock as many balls in the guitar as possible then get the band members and start a song - if you want big points don’t change the song the machine offers then when starting the song follow the directions on the back of the screen as much as possible.

Lock balls in the guitar to grab power chords which too me 40Mish towards my 100M high score. Then make it to the end of the song and aim for encore.

There is a mini wizard mode after that - which wasn’t in the code when I got to it and it was a bit meh but I believe it’s in the latest beta and is quite good.

Neil.

I suspect you are right - I never really put much thought into that part of the process and it was always harder to avoid band members but yeah make sure before you star the song that the guitar had lots of balls locked.

Well that’s weird. One of my balls is magnetised already!

EDIT- Nope, that wasn’t it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom