What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

You'll be safe playing a game or two.
You should really do this to make sure you have a fully working pin matey after the steam boat from Bermuda Triangle.
Highly unlikely a few games will cause any damage without any protection.
You're probably right mate but I waited this long plus 1 or 2 games isn't going to really scratch the surface. Just focusing on getting Cliffys on and find a fault with some leds.

If possible can someone post pics of the strip down for fitting the scoop protector please?

Go onto Pinside
GnR owners
Page 150 + 171 For details on the upper removal and the Scoop install.
I documented the wiring disconnects for the upper playfield below:-
This is the bit that isn't documented on the above pages, they have just drawn a yellow circle around the hole underneath the playfield so can be a little confusing what needs to be disconnected to lift the upper out without snagging.

Upper Playfield from to lower playfield as follows:-

Blue CAT5 goes to LB3 PCB

Double black+red molex connector goes to red + black molex power block

Dual Pink VUK goes to dual molex pink

Black/red+green/white goes to the GRN PCB

Main bundle connector goes to main bundle with numbers
It’s not too bad if you take your time 👍

Last edited:
You'll be safe playing a game or two.
You should really do this to make sure you have a fully working pin matey after the steam boat from Bermuda Triangle.
Highly unlikely a few games will cause any damage without any protection.

Oh, this a too good a point. I feel my willpower creaking.

loving the game ,and the lights are amazing ,its taken 14 games to get some idea of what im meant to shoot at and to score heavily you do need to be in a multiball.Bit wierd getting boo d of and the flippers going weak then dead .One thing i dont like is the shaker and would like to turn it off but cant find anything in settings ,can anyone point me to the right menu it must be there somewhere .Cheers.

One thing i dont like is the shaker and would like to turn it off but cant find anything in settings

There is no menu option in the manual however you could disconnect it from within the cabinet, there's a two pin connector just beside the shaker motor, follow the two yellow cables leaving the motor case next to the subwoofer

Cannot get that bloody upper playfield post off, convinced it’s been locktite.
I’ve put some little silicone rubbers around it.
To dampen the shock wave with a metal ball hitting it.
Done the same here.....
Just until I get proper post rubber ...DAD2485F-22F5-4EAC-BA2A-DF0F72089009.jpegD8715A6E-0821-4350-ADA7-E69AE735C739.jpeg4107029D-F499-42A1-9D4D-8D385BD6229A.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi chaps,
Just to be clear is it ok not to change the posts with the replacements Phil sent if the game is from the new batch ?

Appreciate the clarification

If it has the t nut and nylock nut you will have to remove the nylock nut before it comes out of the t nut
Thanks Chris, yes I got all the others off no problem but the upper playfield one is on rock solid for some reason.
Dave Bishop, I believe encountered the same issue with this particular post.

Tried a couple of games on mine last night and highly impressed. My pinwoofer is coming today. Sound wasn't great as delivered, but I upped the music mix to 85 and I actually thought it sounded pretty good after that - although this is my first music pin, so maybe I'm easily pleased!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

On a few key posts....
Carbon fibre underlay with PETG above...
View attachment 143177View attachment 143178

I have to say I think that's the worst possible solution to this. The CF is going to hold together the area near the post which is fine, but the plastic waster is going to put pressure down beyond that area. There are alot of photos on pinside and Facebook showing that's happened. Plastic/PetG washers cause more damage.

Neil.

When you think about it logically, the post is screwed down tight onto the washer. That washer will move and vibrate affecting the playfield artwork under its entire circumference.

I have to say I think that's the worst possible solution to this. The CF is going to hold together the area near the post which is fine, but the plastic waster is going to put pressure down beyond that area. There are alot of photos on pinside and Facebook showing that's happened. Plastic/PetG washers cause more damage.

Neil.
Willing to give anything a try Neil
Do nothing will be an epic fail....
Not hopeful, just have to see the outcome.
As I said..... and nothing will change my mind on this, to me something feels odd about the PF with my fingernail test.

I’m not saying do nothing - just not that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom