What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Anyone else have to file down the cliffy scoop protector?
My one didn’t fit, metal on metal —- hitting the rear left uplift rod.

^^^ yes it was flush but when I depressed the rod it was touching if rod was pushed forward... I think cliffys tolerances may be out now since JJP stuck loads of Mylar at the front of the scoop.
I’ve just checked Pinside and a few guys have found the same issue..

Did you screw the post into the original t nut
Or remove the t nut and just fit the nylon nut
Did you fit the washer originally
@CHRIS B PINBALLS nope took T-Nut out, under playfield I had a metal washer and nylon nut.

Now on playfield-side I have fitted Titan rubber washer then metal washer then the post Phil sent, I could trim the Titan down a bit, but it does not interfere with the ball and I hope the rubber washer will absorb some of the energy from the ball rather than the post alone transferring it to the playfield.

20210718_104233.jpg

This 'fix' hides the chip.

Just hope its a 'fix'.

Same- didn’t have the right size long socket that would clear the post diameter so have ordered a set.. not sure I will change now..

What are peoples LE numbers? Mine is 985

It would be interesting to see if other LE’s from Phil all have the Quality seal.

I did a finger nail test on mine and no dent..
my game has been sitting with glass off for a week whilst I did the changing of bits

I’ve also lowered bumper strength down to 20 from 24 milliseconds
Limited Edition: #1011

Playfield Date: 19 Mar 2021

Build Date: Mar 2021

I found one screw in the cabinet haven't tracked down where it came from yet

I am missing the left hand screw that holds up the tweeter panel

I have a washer thats slightly deformed from over tightening of a ball rail

I did a nail test under the apron and was unable to make a dent

There is some substance on the left hand side of the backbox, maybe glue I don't know not tried to shift if with any cleaner yet.

Can't find anything loose under or above the playfield, the diverter seems to be positioned okay though there is a lot of left to right play anyone else noticed this is this by design?

Pinwoofer kit fitted and after setting it to the default recommended settings its remarkably better than the stock set up, as others have said a worthy upgrade.

Still to fit the cliffy's and 3 posts from Phil, my posts don't have any play in them so I might not bother.

Attachments

• IMG_20210719_000941.jpg
    IMG_20210719_000941.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210719_002312.jpg
    IMG_20210719_002312.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210719_002044.jpg
    IMG_20210719_002044.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210719_002327.jpg
    IMG_20210719_002327.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210719_002420.jpg
    IMG_20210719_002420.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210718_183220.jpg
    IMG_20210718_183220.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 55
I had same screw floating. About too.. can’t find where it goes either!

the inside edge of the backbox where you have glue, mine is like a paint defect, looks like it has finger prints/ oil from hands but it won’t come off

Limited Edition: #1011

Playfield Date: 19 Mar 2021

Build Date: Mar 2021

I found one screw in the cabinet haven't tracked down where it came from yet

I am missing the left hand screw that holds up the tweeter panel

I have a washer thats slightly deformed from over tightening of a ball rail

I did a nail test under the apron and was unable to make a dent

There is some substance on the left hand side of the backbox, maybe glue I don't know not tried to shift if with any cleaner yet.

Can't find anything loose under or above the playfield, the diverter seems to be positioned okay though there is a lot of left to right play anyone else noticed this is this by design?

Pinwoofer kit fitted and after setting it to the default recommended settings its remarkably better than the stock set up, as others have said a worthy upgrade.

Still to fit the cliffy's and 3 posts from Phil, my posts don't have any play in them so I might not bother.
If it’s a le then no further action is needed
But I would pop a rubber on the mini post on the upper playfield and you could turn down pop bumper strength there is no need for them to be so powerful
If it’s the ce then you should fit 2 posts i have explained this in a previous post

looks like it has finger prints/ oil from hands but it won’t come off
I can beat that Dave, boot prints on the metal backbox mounting plate in my Dialed in :hmm:. They really treat these machines with care during assembly at JJP. How many people walked past this and thought it was ok to leave it like that? I never mentioned it at the time, had more annoying things to deal with ( dead pixels on the main screen and phone lasted a day ).

20171115_001403.jpg

9CC61CCB-0DCD-40DB-826C-E48AB38066A1.jpeg

Apparently this how JJP are addressing the playfield issue on latest builds. (From Pinside/Facebook - no source quoted)

Does cointaker ship to UK?
Their e-commerce site allows the transaction to come up with UK drop down when completing basket whilst their T&Cs states this:-
684DF978-22E4-43E6-B63E-4EF74B4C842F.png

My American Tour board is not working correctly within the test menu, not sure if its a software issue but here's what I observe if anyone can verify the same or different behaviour please;

LEDs #49..56 do not come on when selected in TEST -> LED TESTS -> ORDERED/GROUPED LED TEST

LEDs #57..64 turns on two lights (seems to be the ones above from #49..56) in TEST -> LED TESTS -> ORDERED/GROUPED LED TEST

I also noticed the GI Test doesn't show any lights when selecting TEST -> LED TESTS -> GI ONLY TEST

When selecting TEST -> LED TESTS -> ALL LED then all leds are illuminated

Thanks
Chris

I've pre-ordered the official GnR topper with Phil, I just think this will look great with the official blades James is getting + the LE art.
Great price too.
Phils gonna see if he can get the official blankets too.
I have a bit of sun coming in hitting the side of the pin and that bathroom towel just doesn't look right somehow ... lol

You absolutely need the cliffy on the scoop - seen some horrific photos of scoop damage albeit from on locations games but as this scoop is core to gameplay it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My American Tour board is not working correctly within the test menu, not sure if its a software issue but here's what I observe if anyone can verify the same or different behaviour please;

LEDs #49..56 do not come on when selected in TEST -> LED TESTS -> ORDERED/GROUPED LED TEST

LEDs #57..64 turns on two lights (seems to be the ones above from #49..56) in TEST -> LED TESTS -> ORDERED/GROUPED LED TEST

I also noticed the GI Test doesn't show any lights when selecting TEST -> LED TESTS -> GI ONLY TEST

When selecting TEST -> LED TESTS -> ALL LED then all leds are illuminated

Thanks
Chris

Did you check the connectors ? I had a loose one that cause this also.

Did you check the connectors ? I had a loose one that cause this also.

I've reseated a few connectors Neil but will systematically go round them all, cheers good to know it may be just a loose connection.

I've pre-ordered the official GnR topper with Phil, I just think this will look great with the official blades James is getting + the LE art.
Great price too.
Phils gonna see if he can get the official blankets too.
I have a bit of sun coming in hitting the side of the pin and that bathroom towel just doesn't look right somehow ... lol

I’ve also ordered the official topper any links and prices to the official blades please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we have a list on the go, think up to 5 or 6 now, drop me a DM we will open up orders shortly on the site too for all who have committed. Our order is in with JJP.

I can't comment as I haven't flipped a ball yet but it looks epic. Will let you know soon.
You'll be safe playing a game or two.
You should really do this to make sure you have a fully working pin matey after the steam boat from Bermuda Triangle.
Highly unlikely a few games will cause any damage without any protection.

Back
Top Bottom