What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

10 grand and 'probably get sorted over time does not compute! I'm on the golf and cider mate ;-)
Good lad
Sadly these days it’s not uncommon to have to wait for issues to be resolved even if you bought a car at 100 k
I remember when I worked for vw and they had a massive world wide problem with coil packs your 30k golf gti lasted 3day s then was off the road for months with no idea when we would be able to get a new part and yet back at the factory they where still pumping them out with faulty coil packs

So took the post off and the art just flaked off!

View attachment 142954

Deffo last JJP until they fix this disaster!

Post back on with Titan washer and metal washer, let see if it happens again.

View attachment 142955
That's terrible @Julian
My playfield is dated 15th September, and 9 months down the line the playfields are still the same sh!t quality.
They have known about the issue since day one of the release, but still keep selling a faulty product.
If these were being made in the UK it would surely be a trading standards issue? 🤔

The top pop bumper post is on with a T nut+ lock nut - I couldn’t get it off, you would need to remove the the lock nut then from above the playfield use a 6mm which I didn’t have.
I wanted to put a carbon fibre washer on it until I seen Chris B post.
Strange as the bottom pop bumper post only had a lock nut and no T nut.
Now I have used all my cliffy carbon fibre washers elsewhere.
My bad it’s not a 6mm - you need one of these:-
7mm :-
E6AF5B62-A20C-4978-960F-D1FCAD6B36B3.jpeg

Where the games are made is irrelevant.

You are protected under UK sales of goods legislation and your contract is (presumably) with Pinball Heaven, not JJP.
Yeah, kinda harsh on Phil though.
He can only deal with the sh!t he is presented with.
Really hope JJP are actually interested in fixing this sh!t show. I suppose while ever we keep purchasing these they won't really care. If it's not hurting their bottom line they have no reason to want to spend money for nothing.

I was about to throw down on a GnR but reading this and the stuff on pinside there is no way I’m dropping £10k until they have acknowledged the issue and put a robust fix in place.

they may still be selling these things hand over fist but for how long with these sorts of issues.

I love JJP stuff I have a Hobbit BA I find it a bit multiball heavy and the playfield is mint. How can they have made them correctly before and now can’t.

Yes the single post above where it says PYRO.

One of the top ones has bubbled ever so slightly. Nothing a larger washer won’t resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJP don’t give a rats ass about this.

Honestly though putting down any sort of washer will just spread the problem.

The washers can’t fix a playfield that’s hosed.

You need to iron the bits that come up and hope it’s manageable.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, kinda harsh on Phil though.
He can only deal with the sh!t he is presented with.
Really hope JJP are actually interested in fixing this sh!t show. I suppose while ever we keep purchasing these they won't really care. If it's not hurting their bottom line they have no reason to want to spend money for nothing.
I’m certainly not encouraging anyone to issue proceedings against PH, I’m sure Phil will do everything he can to help his customers as he usually does.

However, whether or not Trading Standards chooses to investigate a trader has no impact at all on a consumer’s statutory rights.

Goods in the UK have to be of satisfactory quality and free from minor defects. If not, the consumer has a right of remedy through repair, refund or replacement. Which remedy is suitable is dependent on the value and age of the goods and what is reasonable.

JJP have not helped themselves selling a collector’s edition as UK law will set a higher bar for acceptable quality over a standard edition.

Yes the single post above where it says PYRO.

One of the top ones has bubbled ever so slightly. Nothing a larger washer won’t resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That particular post on the LE is a high impact post but doesn’t have a T nut - only a lock nut.
I noticed this yesterday whilst looking.

30 plays on the one here last night few minor issues ball hang ups on 2 switches and between the ramp and drum sticks easy tweaks
I am not a jjp fan or gnr but me and my guest s where absolutely blown away with this last night mando kind of seems pretty inadequate after playing this
One thing I will say it is disappointing about playfield s but I am sure will be sorted at some point but like if you bought a new car drove 30 miles and you had 4 stone chips on the bonnet nothing you can do about it my st le after 800 games the playfield is looking just as bad as a jjp one and the ramp has never worked correctly since day one even with hours of tinkering with it but do I moan no I still absolutely love and enjoy it just the same
I would say to all gnr owners forget about the issue s play it and enjoy it
Thanks Chris for hosting last night. I’ve got to say I appreciate all the comments on the play field etc I wasn’t expecting much tbh but what a fantastic game. Looks unbelievable and the sound with the upgrade is even better, a total must-have extra if you’re getting one. Code I thought was very good too, from all the comments I was just expecting it to drop you constantly into a mb which isn’t the case. Well done to the JJP team for one very special game, all they need to do now is assure everyone on the quality going forward 👍

If you aren’t in multiball you can’t be scoring much though…

Neil.

JJP don’t give a rats ass about this.

Honestly though putting down any sort of washer will just spread the problem.

The washers can’t fix a playfield that’s hosed.

You need to iron the bits that come up and hope it’s manageable.

Cheers,
Neil.

And why would any pinball manufacture care when they can launch a pin and it will sell out without people even seeing it who is problem the consumer or the manufacturer

If you aren’t in multiball you can’t be scoring much though…

Neil.

Agreed Neil but a high score doesn’t make it a great game. I was just commenting from all that I’d read I thought that’s all that was going to go on. Hit start, multi ball starts, drain, hit start and multi ball starts again!!

Ye but as long as people do this manufactures will carry on doing it
Look at spooky it took 18 months to produce 500 rnm that came with issues they launch Halloween with a promo vid and say they will make 3 time more than previously and they sell out in days how long will you be waiting for these 3 years
Surly the more sensible thing is you go ahead and make them bring them to market and if they are any good we will buy them

Back
Top Bottom