What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

I’m thinking to take that post out by the bumpers now.
That post is the one that worries me.
It seems to cause a lot of damage on many pins.
High impact area, I had a really good look at that post yesterday on my pin.
On the LE - It is secured underneath by a T-nut + a lock nut. It has zero play/movement in it and is firmly secured.
I’m thinking I want to remove it and place a good washer / PETG or silicone under this then re-secure the provided post.

If you do that you make the damage area _3_ times the size, it doesn’t work.

Do not put larger washers down in this area Unless you want a 50p piece sized pool.

^^ yeah it’s a difficult one, some guys stateside having no success whilst others using the PETGs halting further damage - nightmare.

Guys, I played two games so far - just to make sure the pin works.....
Got song Applause on my 2nd game.... then encore ..... insane lol....
Not playing anymore until I find best way forward...

Same boat - it’s maddening isn’t it?
I played one game to make sure the spotlights move but that’s it. Waiting on a @Pick Holder visit before hitting the start button again but it’s soooo tempting!

Think I’d dial the pop bumpers down a bit, they seemed pretty fierce. Also worry that taking that post up there out would just make the backstage posts more vulnerable.
My instincts would be the new posts and the carbon fibre Cliffys - at least by the pops, on the mini playfield and the inlanes - but everyone’s just guessing aren’t they?

I notice the very latest LE builds have got black washers everywhere.

I expect them to go the same route as Mylar and eventually come off - they won’t damage the playfield but they won’t stop the damage either. More for hiding the damage after the fact which is what Zaphx did before he had his cry baby moment. On the LEs I only saw black washers at the slings - are JJP installing them in more locations now?

I don’t believe the new posts make any difference either and Julian’s photo suggests that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After 89 games and no mods the slightest bit of damage at the post in its own but my 6 year olds games only last around 3 mins and I’m not much better.
b663e6979b472911dffe3490a255a074.jpg
View attachment 142938
View attachment 142939

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think mine started around 200 games so keep an eye out. Stagg had his before me with same number of games and I had no pooling and I thought I might be ok - a week later and boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Replaced all the black washers with clear ones, looks better.
I did put WMS posts in the outlines, they were a tight fit.. guess I won’t be taking them out again.

The upper playfield, put a WMS post with the same washer which is the same diameter as the post. I did notice the post still had slack, tightened with nut.

The pop bumper posts I couldn’t remove as really tightened down, but not sure I need to change them now as @CHRIS B PINBALLS said

Replaced all the black washers with clear ones, looks better.
I did put WMS posts in the outlines, they were a tight fit.. guess I won’t be taking them out again.

The upper playfield, put a WMS post with the same washer which is the same diameter as the post. I did notice the post still had slack, tightened with nut.

The pop bumper posts I couldn’t remove as really tightened down, but not sure I need to change them now as @CHRIS B PINBALLS said
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
think the upper post does show sign of pooling- there was a ring when I took the post off as it was screwed down tight. .. Or it could just be a washer reflection as from other angle can’t see anything

I was thinking that too .What does it do anyway.
I agree Phil it appears to do very little and must take a lot of force from the bumpers.I looked at my other games and nothing has a single post like that so close.It also on my game looks (my eyes are not what they were) to be half in /out of a mylar protector on the bumper area.

The top pop bumper post is on with a T nut+ lock nut - I couldn’t get it off, you would need to remove the the lock nut then from above the playfield use a 6mm which I didn’t have.
I wanted to put a carbon fibre washer on it until I seen Chris B post.
Strange as the bottom pop bumper post only had a lock nut and no T nut.
Now I have used all my cliffy carbon fibre washers elsewhere.

Same- didn’t have the right size long socket that would clear the post diameter so have ordered a set.. not sure I will change now..

What are peoples LE numbers? Mine is 985

It would be interesting to see if other LE’s from Phil all have the Quality seal.

I did a finger nail test on mine and no dent..
my game has been sitting with glass off for a week whilst I did the changing of bits

I’ve also lowered bumper strength down to 20 from 24 milliseconds

0993 LE number.
Strange thing is - I couldn’t find the playfield build date on the playfield from Mirco, have they stopped doing this now and using batch numbers as I found that easily enough.
Guy on Pinside had a destroyed playfield dated Jan 2021

30 plays on the one here last night few minor issues ball hang ups on 2 switches and between the ramp and drum sticks easy tweaks
I am not a jjp fan or gnr but me and my guest s where absolutely blown away with this last night mando kind of seems pretty inadequate after playing this
One thing I will say it is disappointing about playfield s but I am sure will be sorted at some point but like if you bought a new car drove 30 miles and you had 4 stone chips on the bonnet nothing you can do about it my st le after 800 games the playfield is looking just as bad as a jjp one and the ramp has never worked correctly since day one even with hours of tinkering with it but do I moan no I still absolutely love and enjoy it just the same
I would say to all gnr owners forget about the issue s play it and enjoy it

Such a shame all you guys have such a nice machine and afraid to play it. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one but promised the wife no more NIB so didn’t bite. The launch was amazing though.
Hopefully it will be sorted in one way or another. Still would love one but dont think I would even pick one up 2nd hand with the current issues. If it does get sorted I may have to get one and tell a little lie to the wife 😉

Guys,
Had anyone got anything......PETG washers for sale...
Need about 6 units size 7/8 which is around 22.225mm
Thanks

That's a terrible analogy! This is more like you bought a new car, drive it out of your drive and one of the wings disintegrates
It’s hardly the wing dropping off it’s not good don’t get me wrong but it makes no difference to the overall fun factor of the game it’s still fully playable and will probably get sorted over time
No one is ever forced into buying a new pin table I have said many times if you are unsure then don’t buy it wait till it’s been out some time then make your decision but sadly the got to have it now and fomo seem priority these days
It’s a lovely warm summers day grab a beer watch the British Grand Prix and chill out

It’s hardly the wing dropping off it’s not good don’t get me wrong but it makes no difference to the overall fun factor of the game it’s still fully playable and will probably get sorted over time
No one is ever forced into buying a new pin table I have said many times if you are unsure then don’t buy it wait till it’s been out some time then make your decision but sadly the got to have it now and fomo seem priority these days
It’s a lovely warm summers day grab a beer watch the British Grand Prix and chill out
"pin table" you say? 🤔 😳😔

10 grand and 'probably get sorted over time does not compute! I'm on the golf and cider mate ;-)

Back
Top Bottom