What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Hey Guys! First, let me congratulate you all on FINALLY getting your GNR copies and it's fun looking back at your reactions and posts! Love the bass video!

The PinWoofer system is designed to provide a classic sounding and integrated audio upgrade. Not unlike care audio, there are limits as to what levels of bass intensity you can achieve and there are limits to what is practical in pinball. If you are after window shaking bass there is simply no substitute for adding an external subwoofer. The PinWoofer system address the lack of factory cabinet bass in the major brands, but equally or more important, improves the sound quality and intensity of the backbox. Most guys are satisfied with that and some really dislike external subs. You can add an external subwoofer (or upgrade only the internal woofer / amp) alone, and you are still stuck with the sub-par factory backbox. We solve both for most guys and offer a path for the external.

If you want to add an external sub we offer a studio level line output that gives you a strong, +10dBV max output, and an accessory that also allows you to adjust the external sub level at the coin door location. Image attached.

Note also the the PinWoofer GT amplifier employs some innovative filtering (US Patent Pending) that reduces the resonance terms that give rise to the rattle of the playfield glass. It's not so bad on GNR because of the track composition, but other titles have bass content that really shake things up. The GT is very effective in addressing this.

We have scores of PinWoofer systems out there in GNR and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive - you'll be able to crank your GNR and it will freaking rock.

On occasion things happen that are outside of our control. Remember to get with me if you have issues - we built in a number of things that allow for quick and easy field adjustment and so far we have been able to fix everyone that's had issues, provided we have a chance to engage the problem.

Good times and have fun!

Attachments

• GT - LO Use Model.jpg
    GT - LO Use Model.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 29
As an update to my Pinwoofer issues, Dan called me and we fixed the issue, dead easy just had to adjust a couple of pots.

But if you also notice artifacts in the top end like crackling and generally poor top end, also a low to non-existent bass then reach out to Dan he will guide you through what to do.

It is now perfect and fecking loud! And I must admit better than my home-brew subwoofer and sub-amp on my other JJP games, the main improvement is the mid and top end are so clear.

Amazing, thanks Dan.

Great outcome Julian and thanks for your patience! Please note that we have employed an array of old-school engineering approaches in the PinWoofer system. While you can make improvements DIY, you have to hear the PinWoofer system to appreciate how we separate ourselves.

Hey Guys! First, let me congratulate you all on FINALLY getting your GNR copies and it's fun looking back at your reactions and posts! Love the bass video!

The PinWoofer system is designed to provide a classic sounding and integrated audio upgrade. Not unlike care audio, there are limits as to what levels of bass intensity you can achieve and there are limits to what is practical in pinball. If you are after window shaking bass there is simply no substitute for adding an external subwoofer. The PinWoofer system address the lack of factory cabinet bass in the major brands, but equally or more important, improves the sound quality and intensity of the backbox. Most guys are satisfied with that and some really dislike external subs. You can add an external subwoofer (or upgrade only the internal woofer / amp) alone, and you are still stuck with the sub-par factory backbox. We solve both for most guys and offer a path for the external.

If you want to add an external sub we offer a studio level line output that gives you a strong, +10dBV max output, and an accessory that also allows you to adjust the external sub level at the coin door location. Image attached.

Note also the the PinWoofer GT amplifier employs some innovative filtering (US Patent Pending) that reduces the resonance terms that give rise to the rattle of the playfield glass. It's not so bad on GNR because of the track composition, but other titles have bass content that really shake things up. The GT is very effective in addressing this.

We have scores of PinWoofer systems out there in GNR and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive - you'll be able to crank your GNR and it will freaking rock.

On occasion things happen that are outside of our control. Remember to get with me if you have issues - we built in a number of things that allow for quick and easy field adjustment and so far we have been able to fix everyone that's had issues, provided we have a chance to engage the problem.

Good times and have fun!
Nice positive customer response. Like it. Makes me want to buy your product.

Ooo @Julian , I must admit when I saw your original post, I was thinking that being a sound guy that this was concerning.

but now! I will probably get a couple more sets too. You will have to guide me through what to do with my kit

@Dave Bishop - can't wait for the rest of the UK guys and yourself to get your GNR PinWoofers installed! Please note that the instructional videos are at the link below and most guys find our stuff easy to install:

https://pinwoofer.com/videos/

We also have detailed electronic instructions that are shared along with the welcome email. Suggested starting settings are in our blog if you search the site, and the GNR settings are found here:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-amplifier-settings/

a41d8a8f76cf6067358aaf5516c4a886.jpg
The new posts have arrived a day before the game turns up. Many thanks to Phil at PH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there any washers sent in the pack?
Also, what album covers did you guys get?
Hope I don't get spaghetti hoops ... lol

Is there any washers sent in the pack?
Also, what album covers did you guys get?
Hope I don't get spaghetti hoops ... lol

No washers when I spoke to Phil yesterday he said not using washers just the posts and will be sending some instructions and details this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My LE came with software 1.21 -
A CE came with 1.19 - the spotlight broke within 10 games

the new 1.22 or Beta software has fixed this issue by changing the spotlight parameters..

not sure how much they will move now.. this is like the D.I drones..

Unboxed a gnr le today what a bit of kit I was well impressed first thing I noticed was this latter batch does have some differences to the earlier ones first all posts around the slingshot s have washers on them and the mini posts that originally screwed into t nuts are now much longer and have a washer and nylock nut on the back no pooling evident on any posts
I also fit a pin woofer kit what a nice bit of kit very well made and pretty straight forward to fit with easy instructions
Also fitted the cliffy kit not too sure that this in necessary

Attachments

• 144161CC-3999-4E76-9779-37B05A0E5B8D.jpeg
    144161CC-3999-4E76-9779-37B05A0E5B8D.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 50
  • A93F0EC1-8FA9-4979-90DE-A9C4527820AF.jpeg
    A93F0EC1-8FA9-4979-90DE-A9C4527820AF.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 3DB00556-14A0-4014-BD97-9153EECA8F04.jpeg
    3DB00556-14A0-4014-BD97-9153EECA8F04.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 48
  • B429DCC4-5BB6-4EB2-BB20-BB69173C6DF8.jpeg
    B429DCC4-5BB6-4EB2-BB20-BB69173C6DF8.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 50
My GNR LE had the washer and nylock nut and the slings had PETG washers.

Thing to check for is the divertor and make sure all the hardware is there or they undo and the divertor jams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom