What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Just one thing on the shooter rod- the skill shot is very important and I’m not sure I’d want to have some long mad handle might be worth testing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where can I get this? And the ce plunger?
You can buy that button surround sculpt from me direct (please note its a different model from the Art of Pinball one, this is my own product), more details on price and different finishes are available within this ad link;

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/classifieds/guns-n-roses-button-surround.96/

You also have the choice of three different clearcoat finishes; matt, satin and gloss.

I will be producing a shooter mount to compliment the button surround but this is on hold until I finish my Judge Dredd topper project.

Regards
Chris

You can buy that button surround sculpt from me direct (please note its a different model from the Art of Pinball one, this is my own product), more details on price and different finishes are available within this ad link;

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/classifieds/guns-n-roses-button-surround.96/

You also have the choice of three different clearcoat finishes; matt, satin and gloss.

I will be producing a shooter mount to compliment the button surround but this is on hold until I finish my Judge Dredd topper project.

Regards
Chris
link not working

Just one thing on the shooter rod- the skill shot is very important and I’m not sure I’d want to have some long mad handle might be worth testing!

Yeah but its so cool - I definitely want one

guy reporting chips on his GNR CE and a lot more posts of LE's with problems. So far mine has been ok...

Lol pinstadiums concert edition! for this game - if there was a game that didn’t need any more light!
Well as of 6pm last night they had 22 in stock

6pm tonight 4 in stock, gotto give it to Scott @ pinstadium he knows how to sell snow to Eskimos.

Hey GnR owners 💪
How you getting on with the pin since taking ownership?
Still enjoying it?
Better than expected, living up to the hype?
Anyone done a proper sound system upgrade, you feel its warranted?

Hey GnR owners 💪
How you getting on with the pin since taking ownership?
Still enjoying it?
Better than expected, living up to the hype?
Anyone done a proper sound system upgrade, you feel its warranted?
Still loving it.
It can become repetitive if you go for the same strategy every time, but the risk/reward is what keeps you wanting more.
Lights and sound are immense but lacking in base, so definitely at least add an external sub.
Never heard one of the proper pinsound systems, so don't know if they are worth the extra cash

Still loving it.
It can become repetitive if you go for the same strategy every time, but the risk/reward is what keeps you wanting more.
Lights and sound are immense but lacking in base, so definitely at least add an external sub.
Never heard one of the proper pinsound systems, so don't know if they are worth the extra cash
Probably a game where it would really benefit with a external sub.

Last edited:
So the stock sound is shocking, compared to my DI its terrible and I thought the song quality on DI was decent. I've got a sub for mine which helps but it could do with better speakers.

The game I feel is a bit flat after a few games. There aren't many strategies, build up all the pre-charges, grab patches, lock 6 balls start song, hit **** until the flippers fade and you can't make any shots. But the music is good whilst doing it. God help SE owners where half the game is missing. After a few games it gets tiring with the multiballs all the time. Its hard to hit on the fly for any ball coming down the right side of the game, just seems like constant brick - there is very little flow in this game. Locking a ball in the guitar neck is cool and the orbits aren't bad. This is mega risk reward and if you like that you'll probably love this game. This game is defo not a game for a one pin collection. LZ on the other hand, epic flow, several ways to get points including the watering garden Icarus X or just modes and mutliballs.

@Stags6969 what other strategy are you going for?

^^^^ Thanks for your feedback Neil, appreciated.
Looks like a Pinwoofer system may save the sound / speech clarity. Seems to get decent enough reviews.
I'm also reading that peeps moving spotlights at the rear of the pin are prematurely breaking.

So the stock sound is shocking, compared to my DI its terrible and I thought the song quality on DI was decent. I've got a sub for mine which helps but it could do with better speakers.

The game I feel is a bit flat after a few games. There aren't many strategies, build up all the pre-charges, grab patches, lock 6 balls start song, hit **** until the flippers fade and you can't make any shots. But the music is good whilst doing it. God help SE owners where half the game is missing. After a few games it gets tiring with the multiballs all the time. Its hard to hit on the fly for any ball coming down the right side of the game, just seems like constant brick - there is very little flow in this game. Locking a ball in the guitar neck is cool and the orbits aren't bad. This is mega risk reward and if you like that you'll probably love this game. This game is defo not a game for a one pin collection. LZ on the other hand, epic flow, several ways to get points including the watering garden Icarus X or just modes and mutliballs.

@Stags6969 what other strategy are you going for?
There probably isn't another strategy Neil, if you are trying to get a high score.
Other options are trying to get to all the album modes and the final wizard mode. So not maxing the pre-scaler multiballs. Just staying in the songs long enough to get 3 minutes per album.
Trying to get Tour Multiball, Slash Solo etc.
But as we all know, it's all about risk/reward and getting the highest song jackpot you can.
Also patch strategy can be interesting too, but again usually only for getting the highest score in the songs.

So aren't you playing it much Neil?

Looks like the beta testers are trying a code fix for the coil hold management, to reduce the temps. This and the pinmonk fans should hopefully cure the fade issue.
Doesn't take long before you can't backhand the left ramp. Really needs sorting out by JJP, shouldn't have to buy a 3rd party product to be able to play the game properly.

There probably isn't another strategy Neil, if you are trying to get a high score.
Other options are trying to get to all the album modes and the final wizard mode. So not maxing the pre-scaler multiballs. Just staying in the songs long enough to get 3 minutes per album.
Trying to get Tour Multiball, Slash Solo etc.
But as we all know, it's all about risk/reward and getting the highest song jackpot you can.
Also patch strategy can be interesting too, but again usually only for getting the highest score in the songs.

So aren't you playing it much Neil?

I’ll play like one or two games then I’m done, it’s not a bad game its just lacking in variety and the effort to keep flipping loads of balls gets tiresome. The music probably keeps me going more than the game.

If I had to chose between this and LZ - it would be LZ for sure.

IMDN>MET>LZ>Beatles>GNR>AC/DC>ACNC>RS>AS

Is my latest music pin order of pref, played some MET at the club yesterday and reminded me what a top game it is.

Maiden and Metallica are brilliant. Massively different too. Maiden is on another level imo. I had a feeling about GnR after the initial wow look at the disco lights factor had faded. Still, I've not played one so hard to really comment. Hopefully soon

I have a feeling I ain’t gonna like this multi ball mayhem on GnR either to be honest albeit the dazzle of the theme, music, art and light show will be enough to keep me entertained.
Even on IMDN (Pro) to an extent on the Trooper MB , when trying to shoot up the middle for the Super jackpot and the balls are flying everywhere- colliding....it goes on for a while. Your like..... get out my way.. damn it when trying to make your shots.

Met is insane when you hit the different MBs back to back - extremely well coded.

Some of the comments you have made about Guns and Roses was how I felt about The Hobbit.

Sound was amazing, theme integration was amazing, but in a small (two machine) collection I just wasn’t playing it, as it seemed like a slog.

Again, not played Guns and Roses, so cannot comment, but from an aesthetic point of view, it looks amazing!

Does anyone know why JJP stopped making the SE GnR?
Was it too much trouble juggling the production around the other models / timescales in the new factory line setup + staff + Covid ?

Was it too much trouble juggling the production around the other models / timescales in the new factory line setup + staff + Covid ?

The cynic in me says that the answer is $$$.

IMDN>MET>LZ>Beatles>GNR>AC/DC>ACNC>RS>AS

Is my latest music pin order of pref, played some MET at the club yesterday and reminded me what a top game it is.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I had an AC/DC Premium in the past and I preferred that to my dads METLE. Could never get into IMDN because I can't stand the music. Don't dislike GnR quite as much as I dislike Maiden, but definitely not enough to own the game.

I'm a huge LZ fan though - spent far too much money as a 21 year old to get tickets for the Celebration Day gig at the O2 in 2007 - and I'm really tempted by the game. My dad is too though, so I'm hoping he pulls the trigger before I do.

2 things dollars and the fact they are overwhelmed with le orders in comparison to standard and it probably a big hassle to keep changing the production line I suspect when they have caught up they will do standard s again

^^^ yeah, that makes sense....would be a shame to bump the standard completely, especially after putting the design effort in 👍

Back
Top Bottom