What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

No, 1.16 isn't available on the website, or via Wi-Fi. Have to wait until they fix 1.17, although some have done a full USB update of 1.17. I'm just waiting for the Wi-Fi version to work

Ok I will wait to do that once it’s confirmed all good. And thank you for your help I will adjust that disk tomorrow

Attachments

• 8E089658-47E7-4ABB-AB96-C1997566C104.jpeg
    8E089658-47E7-4ABB-AB96-C1997566C104.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 18
1.16 has a irritating bug at end of song/applause.

@IOXLEY do it asap as its fried the coil on mine...

So just to share, my ball gets stuck at the following locations and I’ll add pictures with blue marks to show where it get stuck.
On the back right pop bumper drum section, it can just sit on it and the little rubber.
On any of the big round wires that come out of the table if the balls slow enough. They do look that they stick out very high compared to other games.
And inbetween the plectrum spinner, if the ball slow enough it can wedge between the spinner and the table.
Do you think there are easy solutions to these?

Attachments

• 8B575581-6DE4-48FB-BFFC-4C6D24DDF088.jpeg
    8B575581-6DE4-48FB-BFFC-4C6D24DDF088.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 59
  • AB392B43-EE03-43EA-9057-2009FA3C4E25.jpeg
    AB392B43-EE03-43EA-9057-2009FA3C4E25.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 8DAE4CB9-A5A6-48A0-BB07-F641FC948043.jpeg
    8DAE4CB9-A5A6-48A0-BB07-F641FC948043.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 6A13308A-A403-439F-9E49-843557403B3D.jpeg
    6A13308A-A403-439F-9E49-843557403B3D.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 64
Yep, usual hang ups on this machine. I tried bending my inlane switch down and it helped, but did notice it slow up again yesterday. I’m just nervous to bend and break it.
Anyone know if there is another way to adjust these?

Pops, people adjusting sensitivity of skirt switch, but haven’t tried myself.

Pick spinner, haven’t tried to adjust that yet either, someone on pinside has bent the rail to reduce the gap on the right of the spinner.

So I’ve had the spinner and that pop bumper hang up - the spinner I think works itself out

pop bumper needs adjusting.

My I/O board is fried because of the diverter.

Usual JJP fun. Anyone thinking stern is better from a reliability POV is seriously deluded.

Phil sorting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm listening to 'A Pinball Podcast", he's received his NIB GnR SE and says a piece of the wood is missing at the scoop without even playing a single game on it :(. How things like this are leaving the factory is beyond me.

Ok I’ve sorted the spinning disk. Thank you for the help.
Is the new code ready to download yet? Or shall I still wait ?
Thanks

Back left pop bumper isn’t working.
When I do the test nothing happens on it too.
Others all working.
Anyone had this or know how to fix?

Bloody hell. Sorry for all the issues. Can we finally put to bed the JJP quality myth. I swear people conflate heavy cabinets with quality.

As I’ve said before new factory, very few production line staff will have moved with it. Touch wood I’ve had no probs with older JJP’s and Stern too. This was the reason Phil held back on shipments of GnR..wise move!

Out of interest. When did these games actually get built? Did they not just spend 2-3 months in a shipping container going nowhere?

Hopefully the next shipment which should be the CEs will have the problem solved with the divertor.

I’m in on the GnR CE bandwagon and although I was hoping it it was here for my big 60th which is today I am in no rush when I see issues popping up here.

I’m lucky to have R&M another problem fest of a pin but nonetheless awesome with it and tinkering is what I expected with that anyway being a small boutique Pin Company.

Much like Stern, JJP will sort out people’s problems eventually it seems the people who get the pins first are the Beta Testers so hurrah guys I appreciate and feel for the frustration you’s are going through so my pin can hopefully have all these problems ironed out.

I’m in on the GnR CE bandwagon and although I was hoping it it was here for my big 60th which is today I am in no rush when I see issues popping up here.

I’m lucky to have R&M another problem fest of a pin but nonetheless awesome with it and tinkering is what I expected with that anyway being a small boutique Pin Company.

Much like Stern, JJP will sort out people’s problems eventually it seems the people who get the pins first are the Beta Testers so hurrah guys I appreciate and feel for the frustration you’s are going through so my pin can hopefully have all these problems ironed out.
Happy birthday Mr Wobbles!
Looking at Pinside, people are getting notifications that their LEs are coming in early April. That's a little confusing, when there still seem to be around 200 CEs to go out.

JJP have made 900ish games including about half of the CEs

I think I Figured out what caused my coil problem - no sleeve in the coil. I think the missing locking washers didn’t help but even if they where there with no sleeve it was always going to end badly.

I’ve lubricated the mech with some graphite powder and it’s now smooth as butter. So hopefully ok.

Others should check the sleeve is there.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom