What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum software pending...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hiya all,

There's a new version of the Forum software on the horizon. On the plus side, it'll be bringing some nice new features....

Lots of new stuff, a few negatives... We'll see...

One thing i have noticed is that, much to my dismay, we may have to change the templates again (the screen layout). Release 1.2.0 brings a tighter way in which add-ons are hooked into the page layouts, therefore meaning there have been some changes, and of course where add-ons and templates are not updated, we stand a chance of loosing some functionality...

I'll be keeping my eye on things and will make a call soon. Once MOST if not all of the add-ons have been updated, or where we can make a call on things, we'll look at updating....(I so wish we could do it NOW as there's more toys to play with lol... however will resist!!!)

I'll update more when we've taken a look :)

Cheers
Paul

Ok it's not "new" - just an update :D

I have a reputation in the office for being THE guy to go to to break something.... If there's a flaw, i'll find it :D

Yes - ive managed to break something already today. Still playing.... Not updating anything yet... Seem to have broken the main forum views at present... ffs.. lol

Yeah seemed to be jumping about everywhere, I had the standard template but blue, then blue with a different pinball info header and now back to standard red for me.
Guess someone is playing.

Yeah seemed to be jumping about everywhere, I had the standard template but blue, then blue with a different pinball info header and now back to standard red for me.
Guess someone is playing.

Sorry :(

Wonky?? I've standardised everyone on one theme at the mo.... I actually think that appart from the lack of lines between posts, it's quite nice and clean :)

What problems have you got Carl - Any chance of a screenshot??

Cheers
Paul

Lol - thats the original logo back where it was a few months ago :)

In that case i'll have to find a darker theme too... I'm only to aware that some prefer lighter, and others darker... Will see what I can do - specially for you :D

(for the record i had no real choice - as much as i hated to change it - since the themes we were using were not being maintained and would not have been compatible with the up and coming s/w upgrade. These will be, and more to the point, are well supported so should be ok for a good while yet :) )

Back
Top Bottom