What's new

New Ebay Seller Rules

Steve C

Registered
Another Ebay fee avoidance loophole to be closed?

*Changes for private sellers: Fees for ending an auction early and feature fees on eBay.co.uk***
pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_s.gif
pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_s.gif pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_s.gif pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_spacer.gif
11 March, 2014 | 07:23PM GMT
pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_s.gif
Hello,

From 15 April 2014, fees relating to auctions that are ended early and fees for an auction with a Buy it now option, Reserve prices and Supersize photos will change on eBay.co.uk.

Fees For Ending An Auction Early

When shopping on eBay, buyers expect items to be available to purchase. If they bid on an item and the seller ends the auction early, it can be disappointing.

We want to help reduce the number of times where sellers end auctions early. From 15 April, if you end an auction early which has already received bids, a fee equivalent to a final value fee may apply, as detailed in the box below.

The fee charged will be based on the final item price when the auction is ended, similar to a final value fee.

You’ll see a pre-warning message if you end an auction informing you, that additional fees may apply.

Fee applies:

· A fee will be applied to eBay auctions that have received bids and were ended early by the Seller. The fee will be calculated when the auction ends, as a percentage of the final item price, similar to a final value fee

· Sellers that remove bids and then end an auction early will also be required to pay a fee. The fee will be based on the highest bid received before the auction was ended

Fee doesn’t apply :

• · Auctions ended early that have not received any bids
    · If eBay ends the auction due to policy breaches or other reasons

· An auction listed by mistake which has not received any bids

· One auction which has received bids can be ended early per calendar year without fee charges

Thats been threatened for a while - just never put into practice.... Certainly gonna hit some people hard!

Nothing to do with disappointment for the buyer methinks just £££££££££££££££££, jees they are greedy basturds, I ended up doing free P&P on the bulk of my items since years due their constant nagging, they don't want to miss out on a penny, they then introduced the max you could charge postage on an item to prevent people avoiding fees with high postage costs, next thing you know the max you could charge on shipping a pin was something like £14, DOH.

Seems the best way to get around it is a high BIN maybe with offers written in the listing, not sure if they charge fees if you had an offer facility in place and you declined the offer, at the end of the listing they may want fees up to value of the declined offer? who knows with ebay, they just make the rules up as they please and we all have to obey.

You would have to accept the offer outside ebay and let the listing run its course even though it may have been sold, seems like it has to expire without being sold and maybe without any offers to be safe, once sold you could reduce the listing duration to 1 day or whatever it is and raise the BIN to a £100,000 to ensure no interest and to urinate ebay off :thumbs:

Last edited:
So what happens if you state that the item is advertised elsewhere and you have the right to remove at any time ?

Easy fix for the bastards. Just tell eBay you discovered some parts were counterfeit, then leave the culling to them :p

So what happens if you state that the item is advertised elsewhere and you have the right to remove at any time ?
You have the right to remove but you will be exposed to the fees if there are bids or potential offers in situ. Sometimes you genuinely have to pull out of the sale due to a fault arising between the time of listing and close, see it quite often on ebay then the item gets relisted with an explanation and the faults remedied, seems like you will get penalised now if that happens.

No problem really, they don't give a **** about shill bidding. If you sell off eBay, set up a new account, bid to the extreme and then cancel the transaction with yourself. A nice fat F U to eBay

You know - I'm wondering if those new rules are infact legal in the uk - Charging someone for not selling something...

How would we find out for sure.
Would be so good to take on a giant like eBay and win.

They are getting soo cocky
hope sumat else comes around to challenge their dominance

I've been saying this for years. Hate ebay with a passion yet still have to buy from there. Hardly ever sell as too expensive
and too many idiots buying.

1 ebayer to avoid guys and i'll keep posting this,is "romelima" this idiot usually sells LED bulbs for pinballs. Now I won an auction of 10 x white led's and won it at £1.30. Alas I was never allowed to pay the item even after several emails and ended up with a blemish on my perfect account; simply because the auction hadn't made enough.

Anyway. 1 way to avoid these fee's being introduced. If you've listed something and an outside offer comes in which you accept but can't end the auction; just go back on to ebay and raise the RESERVE to a million pound. That way you sell outside ebay with no fees and the auction continues to run with no possibility of it being bought out ;)

Si

Always happens when some other site gets a pulse, ebay
Anyway. 1 way to avoid these fee's being introduced. If you've listed something and an outside offer comes in which you accept but can't end the auction; just go back on to ebay and raise the RESERVE to a million pound. That way you sell outside ebay with no fees and the auction continues to run with no possibility of it being bought out ;)

Si
As above "once sold you could reduce the listing duration to 1 day or whatever it is and raise the BIN to a £100,000 to ensure no interest and to urinate ebay off :thumbs:"

No reserve, just a grossly elevated start price with a carefully worded piece in the description regarding offers., que loads of abuse in this section as we all get slated for trying it on :)

Back
Top Bottom