What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New driveway surface?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Just in case anyone is in the know or had recent surfacing done?

We are getting our whole front redone, it's currently chippy stones. it's 90 sq meters. We got a concrete print guy in, they lay coloured concrete and push a mould in to make cobble effect etc then seal it. That was just shy of 8grand!

Next up tarmac guy 4.9k to do the lot, Not sure if that's a good deal for me or him?

Cheers Ronnie

Add a few more tonnes of chippy stones for a few hundred quid and buy several more pins!! Simples!!

Seriously though, different loose stones lay differently, I had same dilemma and my contractor had just laid some loose stones at a caravan park that pack down hard like concrete over time and going the same route saved me a small fortune. I can dig out the info if you want?

Tarmac is extortionate atm, next best bet was block paving like this, can be sourced cheaper but here's an example...

I know it's mental, currently has Balmullo chips but the weeds are horrendous! We need something maintenance free as we only park cars on it

I didn't like the fact that most printed concrete around our area has cracked. We got about the same area done in blocks for about £7K if I remember correctly.

I didn't like the fact that most printed concrete around our area has cracked. We got about the same area done in blocks for about £7K if I remember correctly.

Have seen some tired looking blocks after time and also weeds growing through the cracks so ruled that out

Have seen some tired looking blocks after time and also weeds growing through the cracks so ruled that out

I think it depends who does it, some old stuff is still looking good around here. I'm not sure that any surface is without issues, maybe stones in resin?

Back
Top Bottom