What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Alice cooper code

All being well, should be new code for this weekend.
Memory leak fix and other goodies.
Bèer n pins this weekend if that's the case [emoji14]

What about when the game appears to overheat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have seen at the club quite a few times when the game has been played a lot it seems to start to miss behave a lot. Has happened at a few events. Seems to be heat related as when it is power cycled it makes no difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it need to be on for for this to happen? I’ve not experienced it but I guess it’s unlikely in a home environment.

Cant imagine there’s many Alice‘s sited in the wild. Too many ball hang ups to make it reliable enough. I really like the game but the build quality isn’t as good as Stern etc

Theres a few software glitches around multiballs etc so hopefully these have been worked out.
mystery awards might actually become random as well

anyone know how updates work? Is it a sad card or usb stick?

We have seen at the club quite a few times when the game has been played a lot it seems to start to miss behave a lot. Has happened at a few events. Seems to be heat related as when it is power cycled it makes no difference.

It's interesting that you mention this Neil, as I was playing at Flipout last weekend (actually enjoying the game now that I can hit some shots...) and it did feel like something was up; I'd hit a shot and sink the ball, but then I kept checking if the ball was stuck somewhere as it took ages for the ball to fire back out (happened a few times in one game I'd say). Thought I was just imagining it, but seems like a genuine issue.

How long does it need to be on for for this to happen? I’ve not experienced it but I guess it’s unlikely in a home environment.

Cant imagine there’s many Alice‘s sited in the wild. Too many ball hang ups to make it reliable enough. I really like the game but the build quality isn’t as good as Stern etc

Theres a few software glitches around multiballs etc so hopefully these have been worked out.
mystery awards might actually become random as well

anyone know how updates work? Is it a sad card or usb stick?

04/fEB/2020

V1.1.0.0

General - New graphics backend
General - Memory leak resolved
General - Removed 'Recycle After Game' option
General - Mystery ready state did not reset when coming out of menu system
General - Guillotine now forced to stay up while in hurryup
General - Zombie frenzy save would end too early if you made it past the first wave and then some
General - EOB sequence changed
General - Flipper skipping monster intros working
General - Mystery monster intro flipper skipping working
General - Hurrup display would not update properly some times
Skillshot - outside orbit reward would not update room display properly
Crypt - crypt ethyl skip select fixed
BDB - start condition check moved to mode totals
BDB - default time increased to 60 seconds
General - attract wasn't refreshing the replay value
General - secret passage animation updated
Vampire - vampire ramps count wasn't resetting for next player
General - eob score was not adding to total due to scores being disabled at eob

I beta tested this for them.
Did find error with switch test.
Interesting to see if they fixed this or not.
Will install it later, tho it is the same version number wise

It plays tight and can be a bit bricky. There are also some reports of it not being particularly reliable mechanically.

But it's freaking gorgeous, and I for one love it.
Have you ever played Houdini? Could you make a compare regarding toughness/narrowness of shots? What about code?
this game looks so gorgeous but I need more to own a game.
what i don’t want is a similar Houdini
thanks

It’s better then Houdini but build quality is worse. Rules are superb on it but reliability very questionable.

The one we have at the club will often have issues with balls getting stuck, switches not working balls dropping into the cabinet.

It was crashing a lot but they fixed that in code.
Playfield is no better that stern.

When it works though it is a good game.

As far as I know there aren't any reports of playfield issues, so no chipping, pooling, excessive dimpling etc. For me that makes the playfields better than Stern.

I'd say the orbit shots are a similar tightness to Batman '66.

Not true - massive excessive dimpling. My IMDN Premium is about the same age at the club (but much more reliable) and it’s playfield looks much better than the ACNC one. I took some photos I’ll dig them out.

Not true - massive excessive dimpling. My IMDN Premium is about the same age at the club (but much more reliable) and it’s playfield looks much better than the ACNC one. I took some photos I’ll dig them out.

As far as I know there aren't any reports of playfield issues, so no chipping, pooling, excessive dimpling etc. For me that makes the playfields better than Stern.

I'd say the orbit shots are a similar tightness to Batman '66.
Well, as far as I can remember, I had no problem to hit these orbits. So looks fine for me.
how is the upper playfield? Is it great to play?
and about the general flow of the game?
thanks

Here is one photo of excessive dimpling...

9906b10e31644c2222966f0c4e05d901.png

so a playfield protector is required?

Well, as far as I can remember, I had no problem to hit these orbits. So looks fine for me.
thanks

The game flow is good, none of the shots are super hard but couple are challenging.

thanks
The upper playfield had 8 options so quite good compared to most. I wouldn't call it a flow game as the shots are tight (but makeable) but it is possible to string nice combos together.

I think your best option would be to find one and play it so you can decide yourself. There are quite a few videos out there to give you an idea of the type of game it is.

Good as it’s very different to other modern games. You have to know how to activate the modes etc.

The flow is no where as good as in modern sterns.

Build quality is relatively poor.

It’s good to have in a collection but I wouldn’t have it as your only machine.

I think this goes to show the only consistent thing about playfield quality is there is no consistency.

Back
Top Bottom