What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New £1 coins

Tucks

Registered
Apologies if this has already been posted but does anyone know the implications of the new £1 coin? Will we need new coin mechs?

Phil has offered a service to reprogram the common c220 mechs for a good cause but tbh the whole thing is a right pain in the backside for the coin op industry

Phil has offered a service to reprogram the common c220 mechs for a good cause but tbh the whole thing is a right pain in the backside for the coin op industry

That was for any received before Friday I believe (was in aid of comic relief). Typically have been all over the place, so no time to scope out what I needed :(

unfortunately i suspect....
www.observerbd.com_2015_03_23_1427123073.jpg

Interesting how there's no prices....

I was seriously looking at doing something like this as a service to those on here, however because there's only one coin currently (and As far as i know no other coin changes on the horizon), interest would be limited i guess Vs cost of the programmer.

Shop around, I've been paying around £10 - £12.50 plus vat per mech, plus shipping.
That's for bandit mechs, but should be about the same.

Ah yes, the standard mortgage application on a site usually means, bend over and prepare to suck some serious air through your teeth.

inded - there's a couple of suppliers on ebay whose prices are similar. Still lots of cash if you have more than a couple to do. Lets see what hazel come back with as i'm still interested in doing this..

Also, there's lots of people suggesting to wait until tomorrow and for them to become available to the public, since there will probably be slight variations between whats out there, rather than programming and testing with just one or two coins (manufacturers usually suggest 10+ coins.

Would be good to throw a couple in the tumbler and "age" them to make sure the mechs will accept "older" coins..

Also, there's lots of people suggesting to wait until tomorrow and for them to become available to the public, since there will probably be slight variations between whats out there, rather than programming and testing with just one or two coins (manufacturers usually suggest 10+ coins.

Would be good to throw a couple in the tumbler and "age" them to make sure the mechs will accept "older" coins..

Smart people, I've had to take a load of mechs back to be done again which were already on site, as the guy who programmed them says his coin samples he got from the Mint have now been proved to be slightly different to the finished coin. It's an ongoing nightmare, far from over as soon I will have to reprogram them all again to remove the old coin.

I will have to reprogram them all again to remove the old coin
Perhaps you needn't bother, I read the old coins can still be paid into banks after their legal tender status expires on 15th Oct. I'm thinking they'll disappear from circulation pretty quick once the new one is release tomoz.

The below faq made me chuckle, I don't get that impression on here for pinball :D

upload_2017-3-27_13-28-22.png

Perhaps you needn't bother, I read the old coins can still be paid into banks after their legal tender status expires on 15th Oct. I'm thinking they'll disappear from circulation pretty quick once the new one is release tomoz.

The below faq made me chuckle, I don't get that impression on here for pinball :D

View attachment 43404

I'm hoping that they do disappear, but the punters playing the bandits will not be happy when they receive an old coin in their winnings.

The other problem being, do the banks know which ones are fakes? I'm guessing there are operations out there making these fakes that are not too pleased about going out of business. They will be looking at ways to offload these fakes, and any machines that haven't had the old coin removed will be easy targets for them.

Good call, according to the Royal Mint site 1 in 30 are fakes. I can't believe we've had pound coins for over 30 years now.

are they any of the mechanical mechs that do the new £1 coin?

Neil.

easy tip to ops of amusement rather than gambling equipment. set machines on 50p a go and inhibit £1 coins. Job done

(hint of sarcasm here)

Dont worry about the new £1 coins guys.

Have just been around all of Central Bristol - Banks, Post offices etc - None available. Obviously the biggest wind up of the century :D

Dont worry about the new £1 coins guys.

Have just been around all of Central Bristol - Banks, Post offices etc - None available. Obviously the biggest wind up of the century :D
I was thinking where the hell are they? Is this going to be one big april fools?

Back
Top Bottom