What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Fastbreak

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
What's the story with NBA Fastbreak? I mentioned in another thread how much I enjoyed it at NLP, albeit only playing a handful of games, but after doing a bit of research when I got back it doesn't seem to get much love from the Pinball community? I've seen comments on here about it being the "sacrificial machine of choice" and a while ago (pre 2011) "you could hardly give one away". They can be picked up for a reasonable price so wondering what the catch is? Are they a P.I.T.A to maintain or is there another reason?

Yes they do seem to go for sensible money, I was thinking it's the very US sports theme and it does ask questions about NBA on the DMD that I didn't have a clue. I played it at SWL and enjoyed it and it has a flipper and basketball mech in the backbox - what's not to like!

When I'm researching machines I tend to read the reviews on pinside and ipdb - but treat with care as they tend to be written by biased owners.

It's all so subjective. I take all opinions of games with a pinch of salt until I've formed my own opinion.
Granted sometimes you've Gotta go with the intelligence.
It's a fun game. Fun scoring (real basketball scoring) I love basketball too so the theme doesn't put me off.

Fun game to play and not expensive either. Seems un-loved in these shores because of the theme and basketball not exactly being overly popular

Its pretty different from the standard pinball format, but thats not neccessarily a bad thing. Its also the only pinball I'm aware of with the ability to link up to another of the same type for head-to-head games as utilized by the NLP at the Play Expo.

Its always fun to play at NLP or on location, although I'm not sure its got enough for me to keep for any length of time at home.

If you enjoy playing a pin then get it. Dont worry about what others say in reviews etc

Agreed, being into pinball shows that your an individual so buy whatever takes your fancy.

If you change your mind you can always find a sale or trade in the future.

Give it a go , you won't be disappointed.
And if you are then sell it and buy another.
Simples.
It's what this hobby is all about. We all like different things and the only way to find out what floats ya boat is to get your feet wet.
Explore and enjoy what's the best hobby out there.

Back
Top Bottom