What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

myPinballs Pinball 2000 LCD Monitor Sync adapter

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Been fixing a pinball 2000 SWEP1 game this week and have developed a little board which can be used to make the conversion of original hardware games to lcd much easier. Currently when you buy an lcd monitor and a cga to via adapter you need to fashion an adapter cable or buy a 3rd party adapter which is added to the cabling.

I decided to design a replacement for the pci via riser card, the one that originally looks like this:

IMG_4056.jpg

The benefit here is that the extra conversion can be done internally to the computer case and then a regular vga cable can be attached from the modified output to the cga cards video input. Also, I have added some dip switches so that it can be used in original mode to as a direct replacement for the original. I have fixed many games where this riser card is burnt out. (Most likely due to ageing monitors, or people connecting the wrong things to the output)

Price is looking like £25 inc vat plus postage. Contact me if you are interested in getting one.

Heres' how it looks on the design bench.

pin2k cga to vga pci header layout.png pin2k cga to vga pci header top layout.png pin2k cga to vga pci header bottom layout.png

Last edited:
Well done Jim, my monitor is good so far ( touch wood ) but its nice to know its a little easier to convert if/when the time comes.

Boards Arrived and assembly has begun.
IMG_4274.jpg

Been testing them today with the readily available arcade cga to vga convertors made in china. All looking good. No more crazy cable making required. You can just use a nice simple VGA cable for the input and output

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_4292.JPG

Back
Top Bottom