What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar glue removal

jonathan

Site Supporter
So my TAF had a bizarre full Playfield Mylar cover on. It came off no bother with a hairdryer (freeze spray did bot all!?) but has left its glue everywhere.

I've seen various suggestions from goo gone to alcohol and flour to lighter fluid

Any suggestions on what is actually the most effective method?

Thanks

Evostik glue cleaner is the business.

Put some on a cloth (or magic eraser for stubborn bits) and it just wipes it off, clogs up the cloths fairly quickly though so have a few at hand.

I removed a full playfield Mylar with freeze spray (inverted air duster) and then used the glue cleaner, removed most of it in a few minutes.

Need to use it in a well ventilated area as it is very potent and will give you a banging headache in a very short time.

Available in B&Q but you might need to ask for it as its a controlled product in my local one.
http://www.diy.com/departments/evo-stik-external-adhesive-cleaner-250ml/254737_BQ.prd

Put some on a cloth (or magic eraser for stubborn bits) and it just wipes it off, clogs up the cloths fairly quickly though so have a few at hand.

I removed a full playfield Mylar with freeze spray (inverted air duster) and then used the glue cleaner, removed most of it in a few minutes.

Need to use it in a well ventilated area as it is very potent and will give you a banging headache in a very short time.

Available in B&Q but you might need to ask for it as its a controlled product in my local one.
http://www.diy.com/departments/evo-stik-external-adhesive-cleaner-250ml/254737_BQ.prd

I find evostick adhesive remover isn't always suitable. I used it on my shadow and it worked fine yet I tried it on bsd and was useless

Ok

I guess I've only used it on older Bally/midway machines (Star Trek and black pyramid) so maybe they changed the glue in later years...
Maybe Williams used different glue

Can't believe how good it was at removing the stuff though

I'll give it a go thanks. Got some goo gone on order too so one or a combination of both should work

Maplin do a glue removal spray too, worked a charm on my DESW, though it smells a bit orangey! :)

Did the job thanks. Used nearly a whole bottle and took 3 hours but most of its off. Still need to polish it up

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_34093FCE_266D_4443_928B_F8BF8A016B8D_zpsrqijtrza.jpg

Nice mate. A wear free mansion. Has anyone called dibs on this TAF yet mate? If not..... Dibs:thumbs:

99% of the Playfield is lovely. Some fool has hacked at the Mylar with a Stanley knife around the inlanes/outlanes unfortunately :eek:

Got it for a good price though

Back
Top Bottom