What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My teacher wife has ruined TAF for me :(

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
She alerted me to this that they use in school to teach the little monsters their days.

Oh dear god, can't play TAF now without singing the days :(:mad::(:mad: Kill me, kill me now .....theres Monday and theres Tuesday .....MAKE it STOP , I want my pinball back :(

WARNING - Listen at your own risk. You may never get this out of your head :-o

Last edited:
**** me that's bad.

Maybe I could use it with my 6th formers. I just had an essay in explaining that Tesco are open 27/4. Where do you even start with that? I'd love to think it was a typo but I know better....

My wife did some checking work on GCSE paper marking after our kids were born, but before she went back to work - basically just double checking that the people who were marking the GCSE French papers had counted up the marks properly. So seeing as it was a bit of a bore, and I am just about able to count to 100, I gave her a hand sometimes. Our favorite paper ever was someone who drew a picture of a Unicorn on a sheet of A4, and that was it. Their name, and a unicorn...genius :)

Ahh but did they get a mark for the unicorn?

An infamous story came out from an English GCSE a couple of years ago when a student was asked to evaluate the impact Shakespeare had on his audience and the student reply was "**** off", He was given 1 mark for spelling. Apparently if he had said "**** off!" he would have scored two marks, one for grammar and one for spelling

And I still like the pic below. Tells you more about who writes the questions than the student

vignette2_wikia_nocookie_net_uncyclopedia_images_e_e0_Find_X_j76faa4578653517c4c3b3ee5bfc454ef.jpg

Zero marks. But I guess the original markers had no idea whether he/she spelt their name right because this particular paper was from a Saudi school :) - at first I thought some parent had paid loads to privately educate their child, who had then screwed them royally. But then I spoke to a friend who did a few years as a teacher in Saudi (good pay, easy to get a job, no tax...stonings, no beer, etc) who said that the government give out education grants of some sort (maybe for mature students, I can't remember), but that there was no limit on how many times students could re-sit. He said he used to see a few of the same people year after year just playing the system, taking the grant, probably drawing a unicorn, then coming back the following year. But it was always a happy event for us when we got a batch of middle eastern school papers. Counting to 10 takes less time than counting to 100.

My favourite, and I've no idea if it's true, is the one where students were asked to use the word judicious in a sentence . Best answer:- "Hands that judicious are as soft as your face"

Back
Top Bottom