What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My other hobby is making fancy dress costumes...

Brilliant! very original too. How many people knew what the outfit was from?

Being a big X-Men fan I think you should try making a Mystique outfit next..

Steve' date=' post: 1688299 said:
Brilliant! very original too. How many people knew what the outfit was from?

Being a big X-Men fan I think you should try making a Mystique outfit next..

And model it....
wink-1.png

( i had to google to remember what the outfit was!!)

Looking good there Kate - do they take long to make? Looks really good!

Looks the business

I need a skirt with pleats making to fit round my Scared Stiff (& a bonnet maybe as a topper), heard it's all the rage these days;)

Very nice and got it straight away, whereas Tiger Woods took me longer
wink-1.png

hehe yeah the Tiger Woods was a 'think outside the box' one :p

As for the Scared Stiff, pleats are so last week - have you considered plain black material to stay in keeping with Elvira's style? Could also get black heels to go under the feet... however if you're set on the pleats I can probably point you in the direction of a man who can help - just be careful it doesn't end up looking like a table cloth. ;-)

I worked on the costume for about 3 weeks on and off, bearing in mind i work full time and was training for a badminton marathon too. I'd estimate I put about 30 hours in. Prob about the same as it took me to make a hollywood red carpet outfit and a giant Milky costume (think Blur - Coffee and TV video).

Hard to say how many people knew who I was, but I often got drunk people just shouting 'TRON!' at me, so that helped. :) I think those that didn't know were just impressed that I lit up :-D

I am trying to think of new costume ideas but I think Mystique would involve being quite naked so i think i'll pass! Transformer perhaps?!

Kate Morris' date=' post: 1688314 said:
but I often got drunk people just shouting 'TRON!' at me, so that helped.
smile-1.png

When I go out I often get sober people shouting "TWAT!" but that's cool too:)

Kate Morris' date=' post: 1688314 said:
I am trying to think of new costume ideas but I think Mystique would involve being quite naked so i think i'll pass! Transformer perhaps?!

Chicken
wink-1.png

Seriously - Understandable tho, especially at this time of year!!

Dreads' date=' post: 1688316 said:
When I go out I often get sober people shouting "TWAT!" but that's cool too:)

Lol - and i thought it was only me!

Holy cow! That could actually be enough to tempt me back to 2 wheels!!

Cosplay at shows is the way forward, hopefully there are pics from the replay show of the immense Lara Croft (I wont mention what I misheard when she was on stage) and the girls from yesterday. It could take shows to a whole new level and I know Will B is in favour, so the slam may be full of people in costume
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom