What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Slam experience

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Well, after 2 years in the hobby and work allowing, I managed to get down to Worthing for the slam!

I was really impressed. The guys putting it together and all the volunteers helping it run smoothly should be applauded.

It was great to put a couple of faces to names and meet up with a couple of guys I'd bought and sold pins from in the past. I undoubtedly walked past lots if you unknowingly, sorry about that. Maybe we should all change our avatar pics to our real pics before a show so we can recognise one another. Then again that might not be such a good idea if you've offended someone one here!!!!

Poibug was brilliant and friendly, making me feel very welcome, very easy guy to talk to. After years of reading people posts you almost feel like you know them anyway.

Grizz was busy in his psych out tent keeping a watchful eye on his Tommy, also nice to meet you mate.

It was great to play a variety of games which I'd never seen before.

My highlights:

Really enjoyed EATPM, that is now top of my want list.

Also really enjoyed big guns. Never seen it before.

Whitewater was cool too.

Got to meet Steve Ritchie too.

Big respect to all who supplied their pins for the show.

Look forward to the pinball party in the Summer.

Cheers

Gaz

So there's my little summary of my first slam experience.

I too was able to attend my first pinball event expo gathering and like Gaz said WOW! Big thanks must go to all the guys organising such a great event.

I found everyone to be really friendly, lots of great games to play that I had never experienced before and loved having a play on Mr Ritchies ACDC.

Even managed to bag a pin Ive been after for a while.

Looking forward to the Northern Lights on home turf.

Brill Brill

Mooseman

My first slam too, made it there for opening today and left just after the raffle. My hearing suffered from the noise of 101 pinball machines.
smile-1.png

Got to meet Paul, Griz and I believe it was Ronsplooter, by that point names were getting hard to hear. Good to meet you and put faces to nicknames.

Griz's tent was awesome, a lot of effort was put into making that a psychedelic experience and I have a lot of respect for all the machines you took for us to play on.

To everyone who lent their machine, thank you. Now I have a better idea of what my second pinball is going to be when I work out where to put it.
wink-1.png

Just found my head playing IJ on youtube.

oh and guys Funhouse fried my brain LOL.

Mooseman' date=' post: 1692497 said:
Just found my head playing IJ on youtube.

oh and guys Funhouse fried my brain LOL.

yes, it took me by surprise when the buttons operated the flippers the opposite way round, top marks to everyone who brought their pride and joys to the show

I've got some pics and a walkthrough vid on my phone....will try and get them up tomorrow
smile-1.png

Got to meet Paul, Griz and I believe it was Ronsplooter

It was good to meet you too mate....good torch work when Ive's DH got a bit smokey
biggrin-1.png

The Slam was awesome, best weekend I've had in ages and great to meet up with everyone. Massive thanks to everyone who helped make it a fantastic show!

Longer version of the video.

Back home now. Great weekends pinball, thanks to Will and crew for all their hard work.

Hopefully get to the next event...

Sorry guys but youve got us to blame for the head bashing Fun House... I tried playing it myself Friday night and although it was my pin and Ive swapped them before it just totaly confused me as well..

I had a great time this weekend at my second slam, met more good peeps and fixed a few games here and there,massive thanks to will and his team,was a late night Friday with setting up the electrics with poibug and the long drive down,then setting up our northern lights crews games but I couldnt think of a better set of people to spend my weekend with,hope paul managed to get home ok after we solved his cars gearbox problem,some fabulous games to play sad that I didn't win the sttng in the raffle:( the NBA comp was a blast too.

Caption competition. 1st prize, kudos.[attachment=527:scs 024.JPG]

Watch in awe as i pleasure the elderly using nothing more than my faster than light fingertips......

I think I've got one of my tits caught in the coin door (a thousand apologies if it's your mum!)

She was playing a pin next to me at one point, did an awesome death save....crazy flipper skills
wink-1.png

Yup, I noticed that old lady was playing on the Fathom next to me whilst I played Space Invaders, quite bizarre! I wonder what she thought about the artwork on it?
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom