What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Pin

Stags6969

Registered
Alias
Bilbo Stag
I’ve just recently took the plunge and ordered The Hobbit - Black Arrow Edition from Phil.
I now can’t wait for it to arrive.

I’ve always seen videos of people unboxing items on YouTube and thought “who would ever want to watch that?”. Well now I know.
It’s me!!

I’m watching and reading everything I can find on the game. It really is exciting. I can’t even imagine how excited I will be when it arrives.

??

I know exactly how you’re feeling! I bought my first pin from Phil 4 months back and like you it was a hobbit Black arrow. Exciting times for you I love mine. You won’t be disappointed ? Although start making more room now - to say this owning pins lark is addictive is an understatement! I’ve since acquired 2 more machines and picking up another from a forum member in a month

I am expecting my first NIB later this year!

Made me chuckle. Unfortunately you don't get the same feeling with pins as with kids. You don't here a pinheads say 'I'm stopping at 2, they're expensive enough and I don't want any more'.

The smell of new in box is mmmm :)

The Hobbit BA is heavy, have fun ;)
Hope it's not too heavy, it's going upstairs, through a 90 degree bend!
15373737213896617428861968954417.jpg
Well technically 180 degrees when you go back along the landing!

Thanks guys.
Not making me feel good about this.
I thought that I if I take the head off, I would be able to take it up on its side, then lift it vertically when I get to the bend.
But having never done any of this, I might just be crazy.

You’ll make it work somehow. Enroll the strongest person you know to go at the bottom end and bribe them with whatever it takes beer/tea/kitkats. It’ll all be worth it the first time you hear Smaug’s voice ??

No one is trying to worry you but this is a big, heavy Pin. Hope you measured up!
  • Dimensions: Height: 74.25″, Width: 29″, Depth: 52″
  • Weight: 351 lbs
I'm not sure what's involved in taking the head off a JJP. Maybe someone who has already done it can advise.

I'm never taking a pin upstairs again. I just managed it with 3 friends but my staircase looked a lot slimmer. Hope you have some spare paint for the staircase I don't know how many times we dinged the walls haha.

No one is trying to worry you but this is a big, heavy Pin. Hope you measured up!
  • Dimensions: Height: 74.25″, Width: 29″, Depth: 52″
  • Weight: 351 lbs
I'm not sure what's involved in taking the head off a JJP. Maybe someone who has already done it can advise.

I’ve seen the dimensions of the pin assembled, as above, but not sure of the size when boxed.

Worst case scenario, I’ll take off the head and remove the glass and playfield.
It can’t be that difficult surely. Lol. It’s only a few wires isn’t it?

Oh man - famous last words - it is going to be hard hard hard work. Plus solenoids firing upstairs... my wife wasn't a fan, is there no way it can stay downstairs?

Oh man - famous last words - it is going to be hard hard hard work. Plus solenoids firing upstairs... my wife wasn't a fan, is there no way it can stay downstairs?
Only if it goes in the garage.
And I don’t fancy putting a brand new pin in the garage, with the swings in temperature.

She’ll have to join me for a game, then she won’t mind the solenoids thumping away.

It's all nice and fun getting it up the stairs - because you have something to look forward to, setting it up, playing etc.

Taking it back down - that is another story.

Only if it goes in the garage.
And I don’t fancy putting a brand new pin in the garage, with the swings in temperature.

She’ll have to join me for a game, then she won’t mind the solenoids thumping away.
Deffo not the garage - I am sure you will get it upstairs somehow - there are some good tricks to moving heavy items upstairs, but plenty of muscle power is always good!

It’s not even been shipped yet.
Waiting on JJP getting there finger out.
It’s like waiting for Christmas. ?

Invite us all round surprise us with the box at the bottom of the stairs ?

Right then ladies and gents BA is officially incoming, so as it’s my first pin I’ve got a few questions I would like assistance with, if you don’t mind.

1) Should I fit any Cliffy protectors to it straight away?
2) How often will it need cleaning?
3) How often will it need waxing?
4) How often should I change the balls?

Sorry, I’m sure these are very basic questions, but want to make sure I keep it in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom